Today 11:58 AM
13 Replies, 613 Views

Old 05-03-2020, 11:47 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Lovecraft Country: Official Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Welcome to #LovecraftCountry.

HBOs new drama series, based on the 2016 novel by Matt Ruff of the same name, debuts this August. The series follows Atticus Freeman (Jonathan Majors) as he joins up with his friend Letitia (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) and his Uncle George (Courtney B. Vance) to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America in search of his missing father (Michael Kenneth Williams). This begins a struggle to survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the terrifying monsters that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback.

Lovecraft Country is executive produced by Misha Green, who also serves as showrunner, J.J Abrams, Jordan Peele, Bill Carraro, Yann Demange (who also directed Episode 1), Daniel Sackheim (who also directed Episodes 2 and 3) and David Knoller (executive producer on Episode 1); based on the novel by Matt Ruff.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:41 AM   #2
Daedalus
Knight

I wonder if there is some hidden message here about who the "real monsters" are.
Daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:09 AM   #3
Booda
Beam another Blast

I really hope this show preaches to me how the white man is the devil.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:55 PM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The book wasn't bad, but it totally fell into the "all white people are evil" liberal trap. I mean, in the book if the characters leave the city they are literally shot at and tried to kill by pretty much every white person they see.

It's an absurd concept even for a book.

Yes, people in that time period were racist, they weren't homicidal.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:19 PM   #5
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

More anti white propaganda from MarxistWood, how original.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:49 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Matt Ruff is a pretty talented author, but he is 100% in the liberal douchebag camp. Everything he does now is an attempt to impress the liberal elites, not to write great novels. His new novel is a video game novel and it's just a take off on Seth Rogan's The Interview, only done in a MMO and it felt like the guy has never played a MMO in his life.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:48 AM   #7
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Wow you guys are so triggered. I saw the trailer and didn't see any Spike Lee-esque all white men are the devil content. Not saying that this movie won't be politicized but all the talk about triggered liberals is pretty fucking ironic when you can't see your own bleeding vagina injection of your political fears into every-fucking-thing you see.

That being said, regardless of political messaging, I do love me some Cthulu.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:01 AM   #8
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
The book wasn't bad, but it totally fell into the "all white people are evil" liberal trap. I mean, in the book if the characters leave the city they are literally shot at and tried to kill by pretty much every white person they see.

It's an absurd concept even for a book.

Yes, people in that time period were racist, they weren't homicidal.
Err.. they kinda were. Not all racists were homicidal, but there were many instances of homicide based on racism.

Would you be this upset if this movie was set during Nazi Era Germany with Cthulu and jewish people escaping from them? Would you use the same limp dick excuses? Nah that's only spectral. ")
Old 05-05-2020, 06:25 AM   #9
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
Wow you guys are so triggered. I saw the trailer and didn't see any Spike Lee-esque all white men are the devil content. Not saying that this movie won't be politicized but all the talk about triggered liberals is pretty fucking ironic when you can't see your own bleeding vagina injection of your political fears into every-fucking-thing you see.

Quote:
Err.. they kinda were. Not all racists were homicidal, but there were many instances of homicide based on racism.

Would you be this upset if this movie was set during Nazi Era Germany with Cthulu and jewish people escaping from them? Would you use the same limp dick excuses? Nah that's only spectral. ")

Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:

There is a big gap between A few horrible incidents of racism. And what you find in this book which is, All white people are evil and want to kill you and will actively try to kill you at every opportunity.

And a Nazi-Era novel where Jewish prisoners attempt to escape from Lovecraftian SS troopers and monsters would be damn cool. I would buy that. (So thanks for the idea, Im totally stealing it.)

Tags
lovecraft country