Today 08:44 AM
4 Replies, 539 Views

Old 05-07-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Wonder Woman – Rise of the Warrior [Official Final Trailer]

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:
WONDER WOMAN is in theaters June 2, 2017.

From Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Entertainment comes the epic action adventure starring Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright, directed by Patty Jenkins.

Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Old 05-08-2017, 01:51 AM   #3
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Hopefully this is good. I think the trailer to this looks better than the original Captain America trailers, but that doesn't always translate to a good movie.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:58 AM   #4
Blog
Evil Dead

I've said it before, if this is as disappointing as BvS or SS I'm done with the DCU. If they can't make a decent WW film, there's no way they'll do anything interesting with characters like Aquaman or Cyborg.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #5
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

This is going to bomb harder than Alien Covenant.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:07 AM   #6
smgalia
Knight

Maybe it's me, but she seems to girly to play Wonder Woman. Someone like an MMA fighter would better suit the role. Or maybe I'm dumb which is a huge possibility.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #7
LostToys
Evil Dead

No one would watch it if it was a MMA fighter. There is a disconnect between powerful and beautiful. It is easier to sell the beautiful to a wider range of audience members than powerful, which is why most female super heroes still look like supermodels (and in Gal's case, that was her original occupation).
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #8
Terran
Evil Dead

I for one don't want and won't pay to see a butch, buff Wonder Woman. If I wanted that I'd buy Mass Effect: Androgynous, a game I'm completely uninterested in buying or playing. I'm hopeful this will be a decently fun flick. We shall see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:14 PM   #9
Xqa
Reaper

I would totally watch this if it was some female MMA, so dont say no one... i count as one!
Xqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #10
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

There are some extremely attractive female MMA fighters. Like Paige Vanzant:

But I doubt many of them can pull off the exotic beauty or have the (admittedly marginal) acting chops of Gal Gadot.

Also let's face it, the type of fighting WW is doing isn't exactly ring style stand-up or judo.

I'm looking forward to this movie and I hope (HOPE!) it isn't garbage like the Zack Snyder attempts. He's done one good movie: 300 and since then he's sucked so much I can't believe they've let him continue to shepherd the DC Movie Universe. I mean his suckatude was on the wall with the (unwatchable) Watchmen and it's only gotten worse.

Anyway I have to support my future wife. As soon as Gal Gadot friends me on Facebook she's bound to accept my marriage proposal. Any day now.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #11
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
There are some extremely attractive female MMA fighters. Like Paige Vanzant:
I don't think she is big enough to really be Wonder Woman. You need someone on the Gina Carano (she would make a great She Hulk based on the bulk she gained for Deadpool) but with actual acting skills. Modeling is acting without words, so it is a little easier to find a model cum actor who is decent, but it is much harder finding someone who is generally athletic with acting prowess.

Men can and do bulk up as a hobby, whereas for women it is much more of a career.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #12
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I had enough of MMA fighters in the movies after seeing this:

Old 05-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
a model cum actor
I get it. Really, I do. But...it still reads hilariously.
Quote:
Old 05-08-2017, 08:01 PM   #14
LostToys
Evil Dead

Wishful thinking on my part.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:19 AM   #15
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
I had enough of MMA fighters in the movies after seeing this:

Let's be honest though. She didn't deliver the lines great. But that whole movie franchise is awful. And the whoever wrote her lines should consider a new career.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:04 AM   #16
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
Let's be honest though. She didn't deliver the lines great. But that whole movie franchise is awful. And the whoever wrote her lines should consider a new career.
Yeah, her delivery was bad...but, the lines were pretty awful, to be fair. It would have made more sense for her to be effectively silent throughout the entire exchange.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:24 AM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Word is that Wonder Woman is expecting to only bring in $65 million on opening weekend. That's on like a $150 million budget and a big marketing budget. For comparison, that would be about HALF what Suicide Squad did and SS opened at the end of the summer, not during the peak summer movie season like Wonder Woman is.

I'm calling it now, you watch Disney will shuffle the Captain Marvel movie right out of their lineup after Wonder Woman fails.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:48 AM   #18
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I'm calling it now, you watch Disney will shuffle the Captain Marvel movie right out of their lineup after Wonder Woman fails.
It's due in 2019 (CM), so I don't think they've done any filming at all, which means you may well be right. That's a bold call on your part. They could always just dial down the budget for CM rather than kill it.

I think WW looks pretty good, but I'm not sure the movie-going public really want what it offers. We shall see!
Quote:
Old 05-12-2017, 06:18 AM   #19
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Word is that Wonder Woman is expecting to only bring in $65 million on opening weekend. That's on like a $150 million budget and a big marketing budget. For comparison, that would be about HALF what Suicide Squad did and SS opened at the end of the summer, not during the peak summer movie season like Wonder Woman is.

The release is still three weeks away and they're expecting those projected figures to jump up to $75 million by next week.

It's also not entirely accurate to compare an end-of-season release to something released smack-dab in the middle of the summer movie season. They dumped Suicide Squad in August to ensure it didn't have any legitimate competition, after all. I think Wonder Woman will do fine. It looks pretty good.

While I'm sure Disney is paying attention, I doubt they'll do anything to Captain Marvel; the character is still going to be debuted in one of the upcoming Avengers movies and this is, after all, the studio that found success with a talking raccoon. Hell, if Wonder Woman fails, I wouldn't be surprised in they doubled down on Captain Marvel to prove that they're capable of making a successful female-led superhero movie.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:49 AM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

Additional note: This is a Warner/DC property (both WW and CM) I believe, so Disney isn't involved.

Not a huge thing, just for accuracy's sake.
Quote:

Tags
wonder woman