Last post by HillTribe
Yesterday 06:07 PM
2 Replies, 246 Views

Old 09-26-2019, 07:38 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order ó Calís Mission Trailer

Quote:
In the Galactic Empire, the Inquisitorius has only one mission: seek out and destroy all remnants of the Jedi Order. Learn more about what Cal Kestis is searching the galaxy for and why the Empire will stop at nothing to bring him down.

Become a Jedi in Respawn Entertainment's third-person action-adventure game, STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order. Available on PlayStation 4, and PC this holiday season, November 15, 2019.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:41 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Honestly, the character designs here are just terrible. It's like bad Star Wars fan art. Those new Stormtroopers and the female Kylo Ren are really terrible. They need to give the art a serious look or this title is going to bomb.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:47 PM   #3
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Wow, the faces are AWFUL! I haven't seen such ugly faces before, it shows some serious talent to fuck them up that bad. Or lack, but I know Respawn has a ton of great people and they wouldn't skimp on a Star Wars title.

Which means the faces are that terrible and unappealing ON PURPOSE!

/puke.

And a Ginger with all the masculinity of Eddie Redmane (read: none) for the main character? OF COURSE he's going dark side, he has no soul.

God, the game looks like it could be good but the characters are going to be the death of it.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:15 AM   #4
steved
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
And a Ginger with all the masculinity of Eddie Redmane (read: none) for the main character? OF COURSE he's going dark side, he has no soul.
Oh dear!

Cameron Monaghan is indeed an odd choice. I only know him from playing Ian Gallagher on Shameless, so for me he'll always be associated with that role. He does a good job there, but those TV characters are meant to be... "weird". Having Gay Jesus in Star Wars... that's gonna be "interesting".
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:22 AM   #5
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Right away I knew they were SJWing it up with that womans face.

I don't give them credit for "trying to be realistic and not make everyone a super model"

They basically made a ugly looking character to posture.

I do like old movies where not everyone had to be a super model to be in the spotlight, but making horrible looking characters, and just realistically average characters are two different things.

Main character... ehh could go either way.

I want to like it, but right away the characters do push me away.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:21 AM   #6
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

I find it interesting how they minimized Repawn's involvement by making it an "EA" title and only mentioning Respawn at the end. Makes we wonder if they really have it in for Respawn? or did Vince Zampella want try to minimize their involvement because of design choices forced on them by EA?
Old 09-27-2019, 06:38 AM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
I find it interesting how they minimized Repawn's involvement by making it an "EA" title and only mentioning Respawn at the end. Makes we wonder if they really have it in for Respawn? or did Vince Zampella want try to minimize their involvement because of design choices forced on them by EA?
There's a part at about 30 seconds which shows Respawn and EA but I agree it seems like the Dev House is getting short shrift.

I suspect EA is trying to make the Star Wars brand at EA generic so the studios making any particular game don't get intrinsically tied to the IP. They want people to associate Star Wars games with EA, not Respawn or Dice or Bioware (or based on this trailer, even LucasFilm who gets a tiny tag at the end). The studio is incidental; it also gives them the ability to bring in a lower class dev or one that isn't proven, to work on a title if needed since the team is obscured with this branding push.

It doesn't matter though if they inject a bunch of ugly characters into the game. No one wants to play a game where everything seems "off" for the sake of being more politically palatable.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:08 AM   #8
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Honestly, the character designs here are just terrible. It's like bad Star Wars fan art. Those new Stormtroopers and the female Kylo Ren are really terrible. They need to give the art a serious look or this title is going to bomb.
I'm pretty sure that's just a female inquisitor? Like The Seventh Sister from Rebels. I can't really blame them for that design when it's already established.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:30 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
I'm pretty sure that's just a female inquisitor? Like The Seventh Sister from Rebels. I can't really blame them for that design when it's already established.
Even if that design is already established in some other show... they don't have to use it. If something is terrible, you don't use it.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:40 AM   #10
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Even if that design is already established in some other show... they don't have to use it. If something is terrible, you don't use it.
Normally I'd agree, but this is Disney and EA we're talking about. You make a Star Wars game set in a certain time period? They are going to make you use their established designs to fit that.

I'm sure the time period was likely pre-determined as well.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:49 AM   #11
Ayup
Dread Lord

Is it me or is the droid the cleaning robot from Wall-E?
Ayup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 02:11 PM   #12
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I think I’ll reinstall the original Jedi Knight instead. God that series was good.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #13
actusoul
Evil Dead

OK. The characters were ugly. Still looks like good gameplay. If its a good story, mechanics, progression, etc. then facial graphics are a lesser priority. Jedi Knight was fun BTW Mad Max RW.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jedi fallen order, star wars