STRANGER THINGS IS...
Last post by Cranium
Yesterday 08:14 AM
5 Replies, 425 Views

Old 10-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The Expanse Season 4 - Official Teaser

The greater our knowledge increases, the greater our ignorance unfolds.

Behold what awaits the pioneers of Ilus. Full Season Coming December 13, 2019.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Fuck ya! I hope they release it in full season format so I can binge.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Fuck ya! I hope they release it in full season format so I can binge.
Didto I don't care for the recent trend of releasing shows once a week to streaming services. F that Shit. If you want to watch shows once a week like some boomer go ahead nobody is stopping you. Do not try and force me too.

When companies try to make me watch once a week I just wait till the whole season is out or I do not watch at all.

Last edited by EL CABONG; 10-06-2019 at 10:34 PM..
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #5
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

It says right in the announcement the whole season is dropping at once. I read the first book trilogy shortly before the first season on Syfy. Both are really good, although not great, works of modern sci-fi I recommend. After cutting cable I lost track of it. Watching the last three seasons on Amazon now. Skip Netflix’s Another Life embarrassing trash fire and watch The Expanse.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:26 PM   #6
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

great to see this one coming back!
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:22 AM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I wanted to like this series, but I couldn’t get into it. I think that the books were a pretty thinly disguised version of Dead Space and they were even written after Dead Space came out and while the authors claim it is based on their old Traveller campaign, the fact that it is basically a total rip-off of the plot of Dead Space kinda flies in the face of all that.

Then the show just totally skipped the necromorph stuffin favor of some cheap ass glowing paint and I just had to give up at that point.

Great books though. I read like the first three. Need to catch up on the others at some point.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:58 AM   #8
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Evil... I'm glad that I stuck with it. It's got some of that 'Babylon 5' epic nature sprinkled within. A massive universe within a universe, ready to appear.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:07 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
Evil... I'm glad that I stuck with it. It's got some of that 'Babylon 5' epic nature sprinkled within. A massive universe within a universe, ready to appear.
I watched all the seasons and I did enjoy it, I just thought they dropped the ball on some of the best parts of the novels.

For example... the Space Marine Girl looked like someone who could have been knocked over by a wet towel and the suit was just a rubber suit. Nothing like the big Warhammer 40K style armor described in the books.

I know budget is an issue in these type of series, but when you look at what people can do on their own for Cosplay, there isn't much excuse for some of the choices they made.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #10
timmyd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I watched all the seasons and I did enjoy it, I just thought they dropped the ball on some of the best parts of the novels.

For example... the Space Marine Girl looked like someone who could have been knocked over by a wet towel and the suit was just a rubber suit. Nothing like the big Warhammer 40K style armor described in the books.

I know budget is an issue in these type of series, but when you look at what people can do on their own for Cosplay, there isn't much excuse for some of the choices they made.
To me, this is the first time somebody has even tried to make the series what it should be. I like to support that.

How it would go same as always:
- People have colonized the Solar system.
- They've moved buildings from Earth to Ceres.
- Characters interact in an apartment that looks suspiciously Canadian. Characters spend lots of time here bantering.
- There's huge greenhouse that looks like British Columbia. This mind boggling expenditure is explained away with "people would go crazy otherwise". Characters spend lots of time here also.
- The protomolecule is invisible, it just possesses people causing them to randomly do random things that make no sense because not even the writers have a clue. Usually involving bloodly knives, strip tease, amnesia and clones. In fact, they call it "Filler"
- Various factions are fighting for control of the Solar System, but for some reason all this action takes place on Ceres, which looks suspiciously Canadian.
- In the credits they show a spaceship, with the producers saying there's a spaceship in every episode.

Hey if you like lame shit like that go ahead!
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:14 PM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyd View Post
To me, this is the first time somebody has even tried to make the series what it should be. I like to support that.

How it would go same as always:
- People have colonized the Solar system.
- They've moved buildings from Earth to Ceres.
- Characters interact in an apartment that looks suspiciously Canadian. Characters spend lots of time here bantering.
- There's huge greenhouse that looks like British Columbia. This mind boggling expenditure is explained away with "people would go crazy otherwise". Characters spend lots of time here also.
- The protomolecule is invisible, it just possesses people causing them to randomly do random things that make no sense because not even the writers have a clue. Usually involving bloodly knives, strip tease, amnesia and clones. In fact, they call it "Filler"
- Various factions are fighting for control of the Solar System, but for some reason all this action takes place on Ceres, which looks suspiciously Canadian.
- In the credits they show a spaceship, with the producers saying there's a spaceship in every episode.

Hey if you like lame shit like that go ahead!
That pretty much sums up my impressions of Season 1 - 3. Your mileage may vary.

Tags
the expanse