62 Replies, 5,029 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Reaches 2 Million Concurrent Players on Steam

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues to grow, toppling milestone after milestone. It's left Dota 2--and everything else on Steam--in the dust in terms of players, and today it became the first game ever to top 2 million concurrent players on the platform.

Steam's stats page highlights both the current number of players online in a game at any time, as well as its daily peak. Since it first surpassed Dota 2 back in August, PUBG has gone on to break the all-time Steam record for concurrent players. 2 million looked likely recently, and now that record now stands at 2,016,498, as of this writing--though you can probably assume that won't last for long. The figure has increased several times just in the course of this story being written. According to SteamDB's unofficial figures, PUBG sales stand at about 15.6 million copies.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

In other news, 13.6 million people own the game and were concurrently not playing it.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:05 PM   #3
hurstshifter
Soul Reaper

I avoided this game for many months, writing it off as another crappy big map shooter. Picked it up about a week ago and have been playing for several hours every night. Duo mode is a lot of fun with a friend, and I really haven't experienced any network or gameplay issues. Admittedly, even though I'm running a decent graphics card (GTX 1060) I keep all the graphical settings turned down to very low aside from draw distance and textures. This seems to be a consensus amongst players right now.
hurstshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:21 AM   #4
Rommel
International Playboy

Grabbed this for 4205Joe and I. After a few rounds, lasting to the final five in a few of them, we came up for two words to describe the game quickly:
1. Tense
2. Boring

You either start all alone and spend the remainder of the match going from outpost to outpost, hoping for better weapons than you have or in the thick of a group, hoping you find a gun first and can actually kill them. The latter may sound more fun but usually results in dying without a chance, sending you back to the loading screen for a thirty seconds of lobby wait, another twenty seconds of flight and ten seconds of skydiving to, again, not get to play.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #5
blackzc
Evil Dead

Does anyone else get an uneasy feeling while playing these types of 1 vs all games? Every time i loaded up Day Z/King Of The Hill i felt like crap when i turned it off. Defiantly tense though, some of the players are excellent trash talkers.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:12 AM   #6
Augustgold
Knight

I just don't spend the point, you spend hours avoiding people so that you can get into the top ten, then get killed by somebody you couldn't see; It goes like this every time. The only point in playing a game like this is for the few moments you get where you do something that you could never replicate in a heartbeat which are hours apart.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:13 AM   #7
Augustgold
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustgold View Post
I just don't spend the point, you spend hours avoiding people so that you can get into the top ten, then get killed by somebody you couldn't see; It goes like this every time. The only point in playing a game like this is for the few moments you get where you do something that you could never replicate in a heartbeat which are hours apart.
*I just don't see the point.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:14 AM   #8
Augustgold
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Does anyone else get an uneasy feeling while playing these types of 1 vs all games? Every time i loaded up Day Z/King Of The Hill i felt like crap when i turned it off. Defiantly tense though, some of the players are excellent trash talkers.
Here's the problem, you're technically not allowed to trash talk, "excessive swearing or verbal abuse is not permitted". Be wary! There are 9 year olds playing this game!

Tags
battlegrounds, bluehole, playerunknown's