Today 05:50 AM
17 Replies, 867 Views

Old 12-07-2018, 09:33 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Character Joker from Persona 5 Announced

Quote:
Joker from Persona 5 Joins Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a Playable DLC Fighter

In a video that aired during The Game Awards, Nintendo revealed that Joker from the critically acclaimed Persona 5 game will be coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for Nintendo Switch as a playable DLC fighter. Joker is included in the first of five planned DLC packs, each containing one playable fighter, one new stage and a handful of music tracks. Each pack can be purchased for $5.99 each, but players can also purchase the Fighter’s Pass for $24.99, giving them access to all five DLC packs as they release.

The Persona games are a spinoff of the popular Shin Megami Tensei franchise, which has a long and storied history in the world of video games – with many of the games appearing on Nintendo systems. Sporting an iconic mask and a variety of weapons, Joker is the main character of Persona 5, a beloved game that won Best Role-Playing Game and was nominated for Game of the Year at last year’s The Game Awards.

The digital version of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate launches in Nintendo eShop at 9 p.m. PT tonight (Dec. 6), with the physical version hitting stores on Dec. 7. In this massive video game crossover event, every fighter in Super Smash Bros. history is back, and they’re joined by newcomers like Daisy from the Super Mario series, Chrom from Fire Emblem, Inkling from Splatoon, Ridley and Dark Samus from Metroid, Ken from Street Fighter, Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania, King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong series, Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Incineroar from Pokémon, and, soon, Joker from Persona 5. Anyone who purchases and registers a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game with My Nintendo by Jan. 31, 2019, will receive Piranha Plant as a free playable fighter. With a smashing amount of content, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the biggest Super Smash Bros. game ever. For more information about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, visit smashbros.com.

“The Game Awards coupled with the launch of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate marks one of the video game industry’s biggest nights, so it’s the ideal place to share news about one of the most anticipated games of the year,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime, who announced the Joker news to The Game Awards audience. “Even as we celebrate the best that our industry has to offer, we’re looking ahead to more excitement and surprises in 2019.”
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:33 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:12 AM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I uh...never saw this coming.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #4
LostToys
Evil Dead

And it is shit like this that makes me not want to buy games at launch. I am so tired of DLC being offered day one. The big issue is that this is Nintendo, and they have a pretty bad track record of repacking all the DLC content into a new release, so in the end if I care about any of the characters, then I will be forced to pay for them. Or ignore them, but then seethe that I lack them in my line-up.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #5
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Rumors Persona 5 is coming to Switch too

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:03 AM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
And it is shit like this that makes me not want to buy games at launch. I am so tired of DLC being offered day one. The big issue is that this is Nintendo, and they have a pretty bad track record of repacking all the DLC content into a new release, so in the end if I care about any of the characters, then I will be forced to pay for them. Or ignore them, but then seethe that I lack them in my line-up.
Tell me about it, like rehashing the same game every generation ala SSBM and Mario Kart.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM   #7
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Tell me about it, like rehashing the same game every generation ala SSBM and Mario Kart.
Totally! Or CoD, Assassin's Creed, GTA, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, SMT, Metal Gear, Pokemon, Battlefield, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Megaman, literally any sports game... All of them trash!
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #8
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Smash Bros sure sells a lot for a rehash.

Seriously though, the difference between Smash 64 and Gamecube smash are massive. The difference between Gamecube Smash and this Smash are massive. At it's core, it's still a fighting game. They aren't going to re-invent the game into an action rpg or anything, but the differences are stark. More so than most fighting games I'd say. For example, Smash Bros has evolved more than Dead or Alive or Tekken, IMO (don't get me wrong, I love both DoA and Tekken games).

If you don't like it, I understand. It's not everyone's thing. But It's definitely evolved plenty over the years. On top of that, the roster has evolved from 12 to a staggering 76, and it has Simon Belmont!

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM   #9
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Smash Bros sure sells a lot for a rehash.

Seriously though, the difference between Smash 64 and Gamecube smash are massive. The difference between Gamecube Smash and this Smash are massive. At it's core, it's still a fighting game. They aren't going to re-invent the game into an action rpg or anything, but the differences are stark. More so than most fighting games I'd say. For example, Smash Bros has evolved more than Dead or Alive or Tekken, IMO (don't get me wrong, I love both DoA and Tekken games).

If you don't like it, I understand. It's not everyone's thing. But It's definitely evolved plenty over the years. On top of that, the roster has evolved from 12 to a staggering 76, and it has Simon Belmont!
It does, because there's generally nothing worth playing on Nintendo platforms, the ports of 3rd party titles are always going to look and play better on other platforms, so what are you left with? Pokemon and the rest of the tired stale Nintendo IP. Yay? Oh 76! Wow! I can mash buttons just like I did on the Nintendo 64! Cept now with 76 different characters for joy!
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
It does, because there's generally nothing worth playing on Nintendo platforms, the ports of 3rd party titles are always going to look and play better on other platforms, so what are you left with? Pokemon and the rest of the tired stale Nintendo IP. Yay? Oh 76! Wow! I can mash buttons just like I did on the Nintendo 64! Cept now with 76 different characters for joy!
LOL

You crack me up, man. Hows Battletech treating you? I've got it on my wishlist still. Will get around to it eventually. I'm about 22 hours deep into Yakuza 0. Good game.

Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #11
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
LOL

You crack me up, man. Hows Battletech treating you? I've got it on my wishlist still. Will get around to it eventually. I'm about 22 hours deep into Yakuza 0. Good game.
It's been alot of fun. I dunno Pat, I just see so often people complain about rehashes this remasters that, then in the same breath go onto praise Nintendo and to me it's like why? They just release the same ol IP over and over and over with slightly touched up graphics or a new mechanic thrown in, doesn't that get old for you guys after awhile? Do you never wish Nintendo would progress beyond Mario etc? Bring something truly new to the table beyond gimmick motion controls or hybrid tablet consoles that lack power? It's not a dig, it's an honest question.

Edit: this is pretty much when Nintendo lost me. Remember the Ultra 64? Why didn't we get that instead of the weak Nintendo 64?

Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM   #12
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

As far as I know Nintendo has been the only one releasing new IPs as of late. What has Sony and Microsoft brought to the table lately? Honest question there too since I haven't bought/played a console game in ages.

Oh wait, Sea of Thieves? I guess that's a Microsoft one right?
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
super smash bros.