Third Time is the Charm...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 06:46 AM
0 Replies, 63 Views

Old 12-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #1
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Happy Chanukah! Holiday season is here and hopefully no one is getting too stressed except all the people taking finals this week. Good luck. While taking a break, what are you playing?
Old 12-07-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Thronebreaker if I can ever get it to work on Xbox
AC Odyssey
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - now that I finally finished Rise after 2 years playing
Spyro Trilogy
More progress on DQXI
I also have a slight itch to return to Destiny 2 and check out Forsaken. Ever so slight.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

More Red Dead Redemption 2 and then some of the Anthem alpha if I can get up on time.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:12 PM   #4
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I've been enjoying Mutant Year Zero
Old 12-07-2018, 11:23 PM   #5
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

RDR2, Battletech:Flashpoint.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:59 AM   #6
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Battlefield 5
Mortal Kombat X
Leisure Suit Larry Wet Dreams Don't Die
The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth
Tekken 7

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:19 AM   #7
TheHulk
Evil Dead

Probably a little AC Odyssey and Shadow of the Colossus.

How do you like The Binding of Isaac? I keep thinking about picking it up.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:34 AM   #8
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
Probably a little AC Odyssey and Shadow of the Colossus.

How do you like The Binding of Isaac? I keep thinking about picking it up.
Dude, it's so good. I can't remember when it first came out, but I've probably bought it like 6 times now.

I own it on Steam, PS4, Xbox, Switch and Vita (witch is great to take on the go). It is obviously ridiculous that I've bought it so many times, but it is tons of fun and its fun unlocking everything again on each platform. Also it's not that expensive, especially if you wait for a sale.

If you're interested I'd recommend waiting until closer to Christmas because it will inevitably be on sale. Just make sure to get Rebirth or Afterbirth, they are better than the original. Afterbirth is the expansion for Rebirth. It's kind of confusing, but You'll probably be looking to get Rebirth plus the Afterbirth expansion. I hope I made sense.

Regardless, it's an awesome game!

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:42 AM   #9
TheHulk
Evil Dead

Thanks for the info!. I'd prefer to have that one for the Switch, but it's so much cheaper on the other platforms I'll probably get it wherever it's on sale.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Yakuza 0 on PC. Great game. Fantastic game, really.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 12-08-2018 at 06:23 PM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:00 AM   #11
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I played some more RD2 last night too.
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I got into brief sessions of both the Anthem playtests on Saturday. I’m not that impressed. While it kinda captures the feeling of being Marvel’s Iron Man, the gameplay is like a shallow version of Destiny/Destiny 2.

There is something about the art, weapons and levels in Destiny that is just superior to Anthem.

It’s a competent game, but shallow. Like they were obviously just trying to copy someone else without any inspiration. I can see myself playing it, but I don’t think it is something you should rush right out to pay $60+ for unless you are totally addicted to Destiny and you just can’t get more.

I have a feeling that this one will be like Fallout 76, that there will be massive price drops starting just days after the game launches.

And since it is Electronic Arts and they haven’t figured it out yet, watch for their to be a MASSIVE cash shop for skins and weapon cosmetics the first week. Everyone wants into that Fortnite cash and I think EA sees Anthem as their ticket into that market since they haven’t had much luck pulling it off with Battlefield or Battlefront.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
I played some more RD2 last night too.
I played so much Red Dead Redemption 2 over the weekend. It was pretty much all I did on Friday and Saturday. (Except for a couple of 1-hour sessions in the Anthem alpha.)

Iím on Chapter 5 or 6 now. I managed to bag the legendary Beaver, Wolf and White Buffalo and I rounded up quite a few 3 Star skins for Elk, Alligators and Sheep.

The sheep were the hardest to do, since the only sheep I could find on the whole map were on Farms. So you had to kinda wait till no one was around, bag one with your mask on and GTFO then wait till they stopped investigating to go back and get the other. It makes a bad ass set of chaps though at the Trader.

Iím going for my Lucky Ned Pepper look from True Grit with the yellow vest and sheepskin chaps, but I need to find a wider white hat that I like. I havenít seen one anywhere yet.

My wife watched me play for hours. She said all the animal sounds, the hoof prints and the rain was really soothing. She fell asleep when it started raining in the game. HaHa.

I also found the conclusion to A Bright Shining Boy and I did the Beale Veteran quest, but I didnít keep his horse like some people do. I guess you must be able to steal the horse from his house later before or after the fishing mission. Beale is a unique horse in the game.
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #14
Booda
Beam another Blast

Picked up the early access of Hades yesterday. It's really good.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Just past 750 hours according to steam in Battletech. Want to get some progress in Red Dead still in chapter 2 I think? But my stumpy robot addiction is real.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:58 AM   #16
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I played so much Red Dead Redemption 2 over the weekend. It was pretty much all I did on Friday and Saturday. (Except for a couple of 1-hour sessions in the Anthem alpha.)

Iím on Chapter 5 or 6 now. I managed to bag the legendary Beaver, Wolf and White Buffalo and I rounded up quite a few 3 Star skins for Elk, Alligators and Sheep.

The sheep were the hardest to do, since the only sheep I could find on the whole map were on Farms. So you had to kinda wait till no one was around, bag one with your mask on and GTFO then wait till they stopped investigating to go back and get the other. It makes a bad ass set of chaps though at the Trader.

Iím going for my Lucky Ned Pepper look from True Grit with the yellow vest and sheepskin chaps, but I need to find a wider white hat that I like. I havenít seen one anywhere yet.

My wife watched me play for hours. She said all the animal sounds, the hoof prints and the rain was really soothing. She fell asleep when it started raining in the game. HaHa.

I also found the conclusion to A Bright Shining Boy and I did the Beale Veteran quest, but I didnít keep his horse like some people do. I guess you must be able to steal the horse from his house later before or after the fishing mission. Beale is a unique horse in the game.
I've been so busy, that I haven't put in more than 12 hours into the game That said I got a couple of more hours in last night, and I'm off from work today, so once the house is clean... Red Dead the rest of the day