Today 12:41 AM
17 Replies, 1,417 Views

Old 05-15-2018, 07:13 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

First Rage 2 Gameplay #Rage2

Quote:
RAGE 2 – Announce & Gameplay Trailer

Mankind is in peril. In the decades following an asteroid’s devastation, most of the earth has become an unforgiving wildland where bloodthirsty factions vie for control of precious resources. Pockets of civilization have emerged to claim their space in the world, but the tentative peace they’ve established is being threatened. RAGE 2 follows Walker, the last Ranger of Vineland, as he fights to survive the chaos of the dystopian world into which he was born. With a wide array of weapons, vehicles and strange powers, Walker sets off to take down the tyrannical Authority. Get your first look at the insane action in the worldwide gameplay reveal trailer below and check out the live action teaser released on May 14 here. RAGE 2 will be launching on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in Spring, 2019.

The Open-World Shooterverse

It’s the perfect mix: id Software’s first-person shooter pedigree, Avalanche Studios’ mastery of the open world sandbox, with a healthy dose of pedal-to-the-metal vehicle combat. From the swamplands and jungles where enemies lurk among the dense foliage, to the open deserts where a passing car is more likely to mow you down than offer you a ride, the world of RAGE 2 is not a gentle, nurturing place. The people who have survived in this landscape have had to learn to protect themselves and keep their heads on a swivel, especially with the reemergence of a familiar menace.

As if the gangs and mutants aren’t enough, Walker also has to contend with the Authority, returning antagonists from the first game who threaten anything good remaining in the world. Led by General Cross, the Authority is on a renewed mission to hunt down the few remaining pureblood Arkists left in the world, and Cross is willing to slaughter everyone to achieve his goals. That’s where Walker’s wealth of unique guns and gear comes in – and he’ll need every one of his powerful weapons to defend the wild wasteland he calls home.

Walker, Vineland Ranger

A Ranger’s arsenal isn’t limited to the abundance of upgradeable weapons and toys at their disposal. Fueled by Arkist blood, these elite fighters are the only people in the world who can harness special Nanotrite abilities. However, this blood has also made them a target for the Authority, and after years of fighting, Walker is the only Ranger still standing.

Among the arrows he can choose from his Nanotrite ability quiver are the power to crush enemies into paste from above in a devastating slam attack or send them flying away from him with a lethal energy push. Walker will also learn to channel these Nanotrites into his weapons, pushing them into an awe-inspiring Overdrive, a unique skill that lets him push his guns beyond their limits and unleash absolute hell on his foes. Chain these abilities together to make Walker a powerhouse of destruction, quickly refilling his Overdrive meter. While in Overdrive, Walker’s guns do more damage, they gain new attributes, enemies drop better rewards and Walker’s health starts to regenerate. When timed correctly, Overdrive is more than enough to tip the scales in a tricky fight.

There’s a lot more to come for RAGE 2. Tune into the BE3 Showcase on Sunday, June 10, at 6:30pm PT for more gameplay and details. You can catch the stream live on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter or Facebook

bethesda.net
Source: PCGamesN
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:14 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

WTF is up with all the pink? Is it a first-person shooter or the background video for a gay dance club?
Old 05-15-2018, 07:24 AM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Color scheme notwithstanding, that looks like it could be a lot of fun.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:29 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Color scheme notwithstanding, that looks like it could be a lot of fun.
I think the car bits look like a big step up from Mad Max, but the shooting stuff looks pretty generic and the color scheme is horrific. It just yanks you right out of the mood to have them splash up pink and yellow all the sudden for no reason.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:33 AM   #5
Meeks
Evil Dead

Yeah, I'm not sure what they're going for there. That said, from what little gameplay we see, it looks pretty fun.

Also, I didn't realize this was Avalanche Studios. Were they behind the first one? I assume we'll see similar tech to what we've seen in Just Cause.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:37 AM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what they're going for there. That said, from what little gameplay we see, it looks pretty fun.

Also, I didn't realize this was Avalanche Studios. Were they behind the first one? I assume we'll see similar tech to what we've seen in Just Cause.
They were behind the Mad Max game. They were going to do another Mad Max game until the license got all tied up in court so it seems like Bethesda just slapped the Rage name on a game that was already in development.

It will probably be great. After that terrible trailer yesterday though, it is hard to really love the game. I think they should have totally skipped that one and should have just released this one instead.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:40 AM   #7
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

It seems that the pink is tied to that punk gang and they do seem to be going for a punk vibe. This trailer was a good one though. MUCH better than yesterdays. It makes the game look good.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:44 AM   #8
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Looks fun. Like a hybrid of Rage and Mad Max. Super happy it's the same team behind Just Cause 2 and Mad Max and NOT the team behind Just Cause 3.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #9
Sinistar
Evil Dead

This looks great so far! Looking forward to seeing more at E3!
Sinistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:25 AM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistar View Post
This looks great so far! Looking forward to seeing more at E3!
You think they will show more than this at E3? Doesn't seem likely, that's a 2 minute trailer.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:07 AM   #11
Sinistar
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
You think they will show more than this at E3? Doesn't seem likely, that's a 2 minute trailer.
Yeah, I'm betting that it will be playable!
Sinistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #12
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Hopefully it's going to be released soon. I'm installing Rage again tonight, maybe I'll buy the dlc.

bah, 2019
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:41 AM   #13
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Looks fun. Like a hybrid of Rage and Mad Max. Super happy it's the same team behind Just Cause 2 and Mad Max and NOT the team behind Just Cause 3.

I know JC3 had a lot of bugs but I played the shit outta that game. What didn't you like about it?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:30 AM   #14
t3kl3r
Evil Dead

I really, really liked Just Cause 2 and Mad Max. Just Cause 3 was fun, but its sense of scale was lacking compared to JC2.

I never got around to playing RAGE. I’m very interested in finding out more about RAGE 2, but its whole x-treme multiplayer punk rock thing isn’t really my cup of tea. I’m hoping there’s going to be a strong single player game that doesn’t feel the need to shove “insane action” into my face constantly. I want to experience moments of desolate lonelness as I explore the world (Mad Max excelled at this).

Since the Avalanche team wasn’t focused on multiplayer for their previous games, I’m hoping they don’t completely switch over to a huge multiplayer focused endeavor.
t3kl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:13 PM   #15
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Is it COOP? Please!! It doesn't have the same feel as the original Rage, which I loved but this still looks good.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:37 PM   #16
Mondopest
Evil Dead

Looks like it will be fun. But it also looks like some Avalanche guys went to Wastelander Weekend and thought, let's make a game out of this!
Mondopest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #17
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondopest View Post
Looks like it will be fun. But it also looks like some Avalanche guys went to Wastelander Weekend and thought, let's make a game out of this!
That's exactly what they did. In 2015.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:35 PM   #18
brandonjclark
Subscriber

brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:34 PM   #19
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Avalanche confirmed Rage 2 is using their own "Apex" engine. Play Mad Max to get an idea how good their tech is at doing big open wastelands without any technical issues whatsoever. None of that distracting Rage 1 style streaming low res megatextures like the worst kind of pop-in ever.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:11 AM   #20
steved
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Avalanche confirmed Rage 2 is using their own "Apex" engine. Play Mad Max to get an idea how good their tech is at doing big open wastelands without any technical issues whatsoever. None of that distracting Rage 1 style streaming low res megatextures like the worst kind of pop-in ever.
Yeah looks way better than the original Rage. I had one of those graphics card that wasn't compatible with the Rage engine (it only ran with either nVidia or AMD cards, I forgot which ones), and it ran like shit on my system due to that. First id software fail ever.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rage 2