Last post by Azrael
Today 05:41 PM
7 Replies, 551 Views

Old 11-15-2019, 07:47 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Microsoft and Obsidian Announce Survival Game Grounded for Xbox One and PC

Quote:
Xbox Game Studios and Obsidian Entertainment Announce Grounded, Available in 2020

During X019 in London, Xbox Game Studios and Obsidian Entertainment today announced Grounded, a new first-person, co-op survival game coming Spring 2020 to Xbox One digitally through Xbox Game Preview and with Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft Store, and on Steam. Grounded will be the first Xbox Game Preview title available with Xbox Game Pass.

In Grounded, players are shrunken to the size of an ant and tasked with surviving in the unique micro-world of a suburban backyard. Players must gather, craft and build bases with everyday objects found within the yard, searching for life-saving resources and living alongside giant, peaceful insects while fighting to survive massive hostile inhabitants.

Grounded provides a mix of environmental and narrative driven story telling. Set in a versatile, handcrafted sandbox structure it allows players to create their own experience from the ground up. Tasks that may seem approachable when human-sized become a challenge in this dangerous backyard landscape. This familiar yet fantastical world can be navigated solo or in four-person co-operative multiplayer, where players work together to complete missions or explore the intricately detailed world.

Created by a small development team, one of many working on new projects in the studio, Grounded is a true passion project. This title has given the team the creative outlet to bring their years of developing highly regarded games to bear on the survival genre. RPGs like The Outer Worlds will always be in Obsidian’s DNA, but from time to time we want to stretch our creative muscles and try things that might be a little different.

Microsoft has been a fantastic partner for Grounded which was in development long before the acquisition last year. We’re fortunate to be given the freedom to continue flexing our creative muscles and develop the games we want to make.

Curious for more Grounded details? Check out the all-new trailer, stay tuned to Xbox Wire for future updates, and join the Xbox Insider Program here for a chance to play before the official release in Spring 2020!
Xbox Wire.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:47 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #3
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Looked like something my son would love right up until the end.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #4
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Wow, as a kid I would have ate something like this right up.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:16 PM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Fantastic twist and gives loads of possibilities.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #6
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Honey, I Shrunk The Rust

Looking forward to the trolling in a game aimed at kids that looks like it would introduce the generation that grew up on Minecraft into ARK-style gameplay -- and its realities.

Seriously, base building and survival for kids. That's a pretty damn dark scenario -- resigned to their fate, so let's build houses. If there isn't an adult or pet walking through and destroying things with their footsteps as a cataclysmic event, I will be disappointed.

I liked these games in concept. What I hate is other players who see the lawlessness and live out their Mad Max fantasies on you. Safety in numbers, if the numbers will have you.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Nope. Nope, nope.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:34 AM   #8
thatlukeguy
Evil Dead

By using giant spiders like that, they are cutting out a segment of consumers that absolutely hate spiders. There is a sizable population of people that don't want anything to do with them when they relax (i.e. play a game for entertainment). Not a big deal for most people but, yeah that will be a nope for me dawg.
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:56 PM   #9
Judas
Evil Dead

looks like another game for young teen audiences
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grounded