Today 05:57 AM
5 Replies, 446 Views

Old 02-27-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Jordan Peele’s Candyman Gets Gory First Trailer

Quote:
Don’t say his name.

This summer, Oscar winner Jordan Peele unleashes a fresh take on the blood-chilling urban legend that your friend’s older sibling probably told you about at a sleepover: Candyman. Rising filmmaker Nia DaCosta (Little Woods) directs this contemporary incarnation of the cult classic.

For as long as residents can remember, the housing projects of Chicago’s Cabrini Green neighborhood were terrorized by a word-of-mouth ghost story about a supernatural killer with a hook for a hand, easily summoned by those daring to repeat his name five times into a mirror. In present day, a decade after the last of the Cabrini towers were torn down, visual artist Anthony McCoy (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II; HBO’s Watchmen, Us) and his girlfriend, gallery director Brianna Cartwright (Teyonah Parris; If Beale Street Could Talk, The Photograph), move into a luxury loft condo in Cabrini, now gentrified beyond recognition and inhabited by upwardly mobile millennials.

With Anthony’s painting career on the brink of stalling, a chance encounter with a Cabrini Green old-timer (Colman Domingo; HBO’s Euphoria, Assassination Nation) exposes Anthony to the tragically horrific nature of the true story behind Candyman. Anxious to maintain his status in the Chicago art world, Anthony begins to explore these macabre details in his studio as fresh grist for paintings, unknowingly opening a door to a complex past that unravels his own sanity and unleashes a terrifyingly viral wave of violence that puts him on a collision course with destiny.

Universal Pictures presents, from Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures and Jordan Peele and Win Rosenfeld’s Monkeypaw Productions, in association with BRON Creative, Candyman. Candyman is directed by DaCosta, and is produced by Ian Cooper (Us), Rosenfeld and Peele. The screenplay is by Peele & Rosenfeld and DaCosta. The film is based on the 1992 film Candyman, written by Bernard Rose, and the short story “The Forbidden” by Clive Barker. The film’s executive producers are David Kern, Aaron L. Gilbert and Jason Cloth.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:11 PM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Looks good but I won't see it because Jordan Peele is a racist piece of shit.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Looks great. If you have to do remakes, this one certainly looks good. Not that this movie (or any movie) needs a remake.

Just write your own shit you lazy bastards.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:43 PM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Looks good but I won't see it because Jordan Peele is a racist piece of shit.
Quoted for truth.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:40 PM   #5
Azzy
Cthulian

I didn't like the first one and I think this looks worse. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

I don't pay a lot of attention to things like feelings and stuff, I didn't know Peele was a racist, I mostly know him for being funny on his sketch show. Can I get a heads-up on how he's a dick?
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:26 AM   #6
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Hates white people of course.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:11 PM   #7
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
I don't pay a lot of attention to things like feelings and stuff, I didn't know Peele was a racist, I mostly know him for being funny on his sketch show. Can I get a heads-up on how he's a dick?
Jordan Peele on Making Movies After 'Us': "I Don't See Myself Casting a White Dude As the Lead"

Quote:
"I don't see myself casting a white dude as the lead in my movie. Not that I don't like white dudes," he said, nodding over to his moderator pal Roberts. "But I've seen that movie."
I'm pretty sure I said this last year... I would love to see the reaction of the woke public if a known white director said he didn't see himself casting a black dude as the lead in his movie.

Also, what rock has this racist being living under where he thinks black people haven't been cast as leads in film?
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:36 PM   #8
blackzc
Evil Dead

I mean, if i'm making a movie i'm going to cast all white people. Unless you know, the script calls for something stereotypicaly black.

Why are you guys mad at him for looking out for his own people? lol

Oh. You cant do the same without being called a racist? Might be time to do something about that then, huh?
Old 03-03-2020, 10:22 PM   #9
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I mean, if i'm making a movie i'm going to cast all white people. Unless you know, the script calls for something stereotypicaly black.

Why are you guys mad at him for looking out for his own people? lol

Oh. You cant do the same without being called a racist? Might be time to do something about that then, huh?
Yea, who fucking cares? I don't see you calling out Hollywood for largely casting white people in lead roles. I mean, that's a bigger problem of racism than Jordan Peele "not casting white dudes". Only difference is that Jordan is very transparent about it.

I think the point he's making is that the majority of lead actors are white. He's making sure to cast black folks in lead roles in his movies because of the disparity in Hollywood. Would you all get pissed off at an Asian director, saying that he'd only cast an Asian lead? You know, because Asians are largely underrepresented in Hollywood as well.

Jordan Peele is half white anyways. Get over yourselves.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:52 PM   #10
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I don't see you calling out Hollywood for largely casting white people in lead roles.
Racist white liberals aren't listening to conservatives so...perhaps you can go fuck yourself with the whole 'you gotta do this before that' routine.

Hollyweird's hypocrisy in the realms of climate change, racism, misogyny, censoring to please their communist master's in Beijing, pedophilia, abuse of females, and on and on ALL belong to PROGRESSIVES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:32 PM   #11
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Yea, who fucking cares? I don't see you calling out Hollywood for largely casting white people in lead roles. I mean, that's a bigger problem of racism than Jordan Peele "not casting white dudes". Only difference is that Jordan is very transparent about it.

I think the point he's making is that the majority of lead actors are white. He's making sure to cast black folks in lead roles in his movies because of the disparity in Hollywood. Would you all get pissed off at an Asian director, saying that he'd only cast an Asian lead? You know, because Asians are largely underrepresented in Hollywood as well.

I don't think it is super cool for him to say it out loud, but I think a lot of directors do only cast white people in lead roles and just don't talk about it.

Trying to extrapolate this quote into Jordan Peele being a racist is a pretty ridiculous stretch though.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:04 PM   #12
RAV
Evil Dead

And the asian film industry mostly casts asians for an asian market, and the indians mostly cast indians for an indian market, and blacks mostly cast blacks for a black market. No one cares. I can't bring myself anymore to care much about some white director not making his cast diverse enough according to some commie committee.

Not only am I not bothered about an asian movie starring asians, it's precisely what I want to see when I watch a movie from Asia, because I am looking for something exotic. And *gasp* it's also when watching black stuff. Now the following might be hard for you to understand, because your view is very limited on our culture here, but when asians or indians want to watch a movie about european knights or whatever, guess what they expect to see? because they also are looking for something exotic from their perspective.

I don't really care what Jordan Peele is doing. I won't complain about it, I just don't care. but if what he's doing isn't racist, then nothing is, and I just don't care about any case of it. Either we are all on the same table, or to hell with it. The world at large clearly isn't on the same table. Honestly, how small must your horizon be if you are complaining so much about diversity in Western movies. Of all movie industries in this world, the Western one is _by_far_ the most diverse, nothing else is close. We are _by_far_ the least racist society, nothing else is close. If you had any understanding for example how incredibly racist China is, and I don't just mean the institutions, I mean the population at large... does this justify remaining problems on our own turf? no. but I really don't care about the overboarding cacophony about how bad we have it here, and how bad and racists whites are, and how this justifies your own racism now against whites, when it's really _by_far_ better here than anywhere in this entire damn world. By far. If you can't grasp this, you really know nothing about life out there. nothing.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:53 PM   #13
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Asians are largely underrepresented in Hollywood as well.
Oh, your bad. I don't care about any of that bullcrap. What i want is for people to stop crying about muh racial quotas in a movie hahaha. Exactly how gay do you have to be to complain about this? 2 billion asians exist. They be aight.

Quote:
No u. I dont even know what this dude looks like and i can promise you he claims to be black. Im not going to sit and let queer baits like him make all black movies then listen to r-tards like you be all like ....Bro, y so racial? Get over yourself. Every single race on earth gets to make ethnocentric movies but white people.

I don't even watch movies, that shit is for poor people.

Maybe ill start watching again if we go back to 1980s levels of white. Because you know, im white, i like watching white movies. Till then lol at all of you for caving so hard and continuing to spend money on movies made by people that hate you.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #14
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I don't even watch movies, that shit is for poor people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
candyman