Yesterday 06:08 PM
1 Replies, 792 Views

Old 01-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Xbox Game Pass Expands to Include New Releases from Microsoft Studios

Quote:
Xbox Game Pass Expands to Include New Releases from Microsoft Studios

When we launched Xbox Game Pass in June 2017, we knew we wanted to craft a service with gamers in mind. That meant a diverse, expanding library of over 100 games and counting, matched with one monthly price and unlimited access to download and play full-fidelity experiences.

We’ve been blown away by the incredible response. Following launch, we heard from fans around the world who wanted Xbox Game Pass in their country. In September, we expanded globally and Xbox Game Pass is now available to fans in 40 countries. We’ve also continued to expand the catalog with new games added to the Xbox Game Pass library every month, so there is always something new to play.

We know our fans value having a variety of games to play at a low monthly price. We’ve also heard from fans that the ability to play new blockbuster games in Xbox Game Pass is important. So we’ve continued to explore new ideas to make this possible.

Today, we’re excited to announce plans for a major expansion to Xbox Game Pass that underscores our commitment to deliver our fans the ultimate gaming subscription service.

Moving forward, we plan to release all new Xbox One exclusive games from Microsoft Studios into Xbox Game Pass on the same date as their global release. This means that when Sea of Thieves launches on March 20, it will be included in Xbox Game Pass to all members.

This plan to bring new games timed with their global release into Xbox Game Pass not only includes announced titles like Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 but future unannounced games from Microsoft Studios including new iterations of our biggest Xbox One exclusive franchises such as Halo, Forza and Gears of War, on the same day they launch.

Our fans have also asked for more choice in the subscription offerings available for Xbox Game Pass. As part of today’s library expansion, we are also pleased to announce that we are working closely with our retail partners, such as GameStop, to offer a 6-month Xbox Game Pass subscription card for those fans who look for a variety of ways to purchase and enjoy new games and services. The 6-month Xbox Game Pass subscription card will be available at select retail partners for $59.99 beginning March 20. By working closely with retail partners, Xbox Game Pass will have valuable ambassadors in popular destinations for gamers to discover new and exciting games and enjoy community.

With the addition of more great games, new blockbuster releases and a new subscription offer, we are giving fans more choice and value in how they discover and enjoy games – purchase games for their permanent library or play through Xbox Game Pass for one low price.

We’ve only scratched the surface of the opportunity this new model brings to the industry and what we can deliver to our fans. We firmly believe Xbox Game Pass will be a catalyst to create new opportunities for game developers and publishers to innovate in the way games are developed and delivered, leading to entirely new ways to play.

We’re truly humbled by the incredible response we’ve received to date for Xbox Game Pass, and we look forward to offering an unprecedented choice and value with Xbox Game Pass this spring and beyond.
news.xbox.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:15 AM   #3
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Cool idea. If only MS had a bigger list of Microsoft Studios games to look forward to.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:37 AM   #4
thatlukeguy
Soul Reaper

At this point in time, would this service be worth pulling the trigger on an Xbox One? I stopped at the 360, got a PS4 instead, then just simply focused on PC gaming up until now. I see that the Xbox One's are dropping in price but not sure if it's worth it or if I should just wait and see what the next generation offers up.
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #5
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Depends on if those exclusives are worth it. I don't think any of the latest iterations of their big titles have been very good. The latest Gears is a huge visual showcase for 4k on the Xbox One X. The overall game is probably the best gears in awhile, but I am not a huge fan of the series. Just how good the latest one looked.

If you have to have all the consoles, then I would wait for a price drop on the X. Maybe a 2020 purchase.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:45 AM   #6
thatlukeguy
Soul Reaper

Yeah, I'll wait for the next gen probably. PC gaming huzzah!
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:15 AM   #7
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Great move on their part once they realized that Sea of Thieves is going to be a giant turd. Canceled my pre-order. I'm not keen on playing a multiplayer sailing coordination game with PS2 graphics.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Great move on their part once they realized that Sea of Thieves is going to be a giant turd. Canceled my pre-order. I'm not keen on playing a multiplayer sailing coordination game with PS2 graphics.
Sea of Thieves:

PS2:

The hyperbole is real. "Get this Commodore 64-lookin' horseshit outta here!"
Old 01-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #9
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Guess they're already getting backlash from a few retailers for this, though. One Australian retailer pulled all Xbox products off their shelves in response to the announcement.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:03 PM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Sea of Thieves:

PS2:

Whoa, wrong thread, Chimpbot. Why are you showing screens of a couple of PS2 games? I think the top one is N64. Looks like garbage.

Must be the Pii-U version.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 01-29-2018 at 01:50 PM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:04 PM   #11
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
One Australian retailer pulled all Xbox products off their shelves in response to the announcement.
Genius!

'We're angry that you're selling your product in more ways than just through our retail distribution, so we'll grow our business by dropping your products, which is sure to attract more satisfied customers to our retail locations!'

:facepalm:

All the failure. So much failure.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xbox game pass