Last post by blackzc
Today 12:02 PM
3 Replies, 707 Views
» Promotion

Old 01-07-2017, 01:25 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Play Your Game Boy Games on the Super Retro Boy

Retro-Bit's Super Retro Boy will be released for $79.99 in August. Game Informer has the story.

Quote:
Although Nintendo has been doing a decent job of putting its old games up on its Virtual Console, it still has nothing on the burgeoning retro games market, which has been creating "faux-retro" consoles that run older games through a combination of cartridge compatibility and emulation. But so far most of these systems have been oriented around home consoles.

Enter the Super Retro Boy, which was announced at this week's CES show. The unit will be able to run original Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games with ease, and uses a brightly-lit and scratch-resistant TFT LDC screen. It also comes with a rechargable battery, and should last up to 10 hours on a single, full charge.

For Game Boy Advance games, it has two buttons additional buttons on the face to emulate the look of an original Game Boy fused with a Super Nintendo controller. This might be a little more aesthetically pleasing, but might throw off a few shoulder-button games. How am I supposed to play DK: King of Swing the way it was meant to be played!? This also brings up a few more questions: will it be compatible with accessories like Botkai's solar panels and WarioWare: Twisted's tilt sensor? How else does it differ from the Game Boy Advance SP? We've reached out to makers Retro-Bit for answers, but we may have to wait until we get our hands on one to find out.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I hope these work well. I would like to have one to play my GBA games on.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
screwyluie
Evil Dead

given the quality of emulators for those systems it should work great. They mention a multi rom cart which makes me think they're leaving it open for modification, plus the snes style buttons, can't help but think they're sneaking a slick portable multifunction emulator onto the market.
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:16 AM   #4
Rommel
International Playboy

I would rather a quality controller for my phone that connects via a cable, not laggy bluetooth, while offering a pass-through for power when needed. If anyone has a recommendation for such a thing, I'll go down on ya.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
screwyluie
Evil Dead

well since we have no idea what phone you have... no... ok well maybe. the DS4 controller will likely work with your phone as it works with most when plugged in via cable or BT (which I do not find to be laggy at all, but that's me) and a cable to split the connection (don't know what connectors you have).
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #6
TheMadHatter
Squire

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/flash-carts/game-boy-en/
TheMadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:08 AM   #7
LilAbner
Evil Dead

Nintendo lawsuit in 3...2...1....

Romans 6:23
LilAbner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:10 AM   #8
Chief Smash
Enjoyed the Prequels

I wonder how feasible it would be for Nintendo to push out a new round of GBAs. I know they won't but it seems like there's a bit of a market for these things still, especially with the nicer backlight and screen.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:05 AM   #9
Grimlockgravez
Peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I would rather a quality controller for my phone that connects via a cable, not laggy bluetooth, while offering a pass-through for power when needed. If anyone has a recommendation for such a thing, I'll go down on ya.
http://buy.thegameklip.com/

I personally love this thing!
Old android phone, plus ps3 controller. Any game you want really.
Grimlockgravez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:16 PM   #10
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlockgravez View Post
http://buy.thegameklip.com/

I personally love this thing!
Old android phone, plus ps3 controller. Any game you want really.
Lemme just check the website...

Quote:
Is my phone compatible with a Dualshock3 controller?

The GameKlipô only mounts your Android device on your controller. There is no connectivity software included with the GameKlipô. To pair my controller with my phone wirelessly, I used an app called "Sixaxis Controller," by Dancing Pixel Studios, available on Google Play. Unfortunately not all phones are compatible and root access is currently required for wireless connections. Make sure to try the "Sixaxis Compatibility Checker" to see if your phone is compatible before buying. If the compatibility checker says you don't have root access, for a wireless connection, see below.
Listen, you fuck monkey, I think I was pretty clear in my request. I want a wired connection, you low end sack of fiberous dog shit. I am going to personally fuck your asshole gaping and raw until you can no longer defecate solid due to lack of torque. Do you understand me? This is an internet thr--

Quote:
What if I don't have root or don't know if I do? Will I still be able to use a GameKlipô?

Yes! The Galaxy SIII, as well as many other devices, supports a wired connection to a Dualshock 3 controller right out of the box, no special apps required! All that' you'll need is the proprietary, one of a kind, cable included with the GameKlipô. If you don't have root, or would rather play with a wired connection, simply plug the included cable into your phone and the controller. The cable is short, light, and doesn't hinder your gaming at all. Not all phones support wired connections, for more information check out the compatibility guide.
--Oh. Oh, well... thank you.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game boy, game boy advance, retro-bit, super retro boy