Last post by Eats
Today 02:48 AM
5,149 Replies, 1,172,884 Views

Old 11-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – “Become a Jedi” Live Action Trailer

Quote:
Much like an energy field that binds the galaxy together, the fantasy of taking up the lightsaber and reaching out with the Force is a fantasy many - young and old - find timeless. With the release of STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order, that fantasy is within your grasp. It’s time to ignite your lightsaber, use the Force, and Become a Jedi.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:56 AM   #2
Chief Smash
Subscriber

I'm still cautiously hopeful for the game itself but that commercial was just conceptually dumb.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
wunshot
Subscriber

All I can say is this. Just played the first 30 minutes before work, and it was infinitely more fun than death stranding. The settings are rich with detail, and the lightsabers seem fun so far. I need a controller for my PC though.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:59 AM   #4
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

I can shit on the new stuff as much as I want but holy crap does this IP still have a hold on me. I nearly shed a tear.

There's just something so fantastically dreamy about it.

That was as AWESOME trailer.

I wish my kids felt like this about Star Wars the way I do.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:00 AM   #5
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
All I can say is this. Just played the first 30 minutes before work, and it was infinitely more fun than death stranding. The settings are rich with detail, and the lightsabers seem fun so far. I need a controller for my PC though.

Dude, it's $40.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless...3830026&sr=8-3
Old 11-15-2019, 08:17 AM   #6
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
...and it was infinitely more fun than death stranding.
Oh really?

You can't even compare the two games together other than the fact that both can be played on the PS4.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:44 AM   #7
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I know. Amazon is dropping one off for me along with a bluetooth adapter by the time I get off work.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:45 AM   #8
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Oh really?

You can't even compare the two games together other than the fact that both can be played on the PS4.
I can tell you one immediately captured my attention, while the other frustrated and disappointed me for 2-3 hours straight.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #9
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
I know. Amazon is dropping one off for me along with a bluetooth adapter by the time I get off work.
Heads up that some of the cheaper BT adapters require that you load the default Microsoft driver and not the driver that comes with the adapter.

Found out the hard way.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #10
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Heads up that some of the cheaper BT adapters require that you load the default Microsoft driver and not the driver that comes with the adapter.

Found out the hard way.
Thanks for that. Surprisingly I've never paired a controller to my PC before.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #11
wunshot
Subscriber

My only complaint is the didn't get one of the model designers from Code Vein to help. It would have been nice to see some tig ol bitty force users instead of this androgynous black person.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:23 AM   #12
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

The game is getting good reviews...but not sure I want a Dead Souls style combat game. That just sounds frustrating... Might skip this one sadly.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #13
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
I can tell you one immediately captured my attention, while the other frustrated and disappointed me for 2-3 hours straight.
Then it wasn't for you. With as many times as you vented your frustration about how bad the game was, based on an original property with unfamiliar gameplay mechanics, go figure a STAR WARS JEDI game gets you hooked right away?

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. What with Dark Forces II, Jedi Academy, Force Unleashed I & II, all the other Star Wars ancillary products that provide a structure for telling Jedi stories -- it's almost like the game developers were doing a modern take on a thoroughly proven formula.

Quote:
The game is getting good reviews.
I will wait for the user reviews, if I get the game at all. Earlier opinions seemed to be that the combat looked bad in play tests, and that the trailers made it look far more interesting than it was. The whole Jedi mythology gets tired and repetitive the more times you experience it (see list above, Kyle Kataran for your grounded Jedi journey, Starkiller for your comic book excess one), even if the beats still emotionally resonate.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:40 PM   #14
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Then it wasn't for you. With as many times as you vented your frustration about how bad the game was, based on an original property with unfamiliar gameplay mechanics, go figure a STAR WARS JEDI game gets you hooked right away?

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. What with Dark Forces II, Jedi Academy, Force Unleashed I & II, all the other Star Wars ancillary products that provide a structure for telling Jedi stories -- it's almost like the game developers were doing a modern take on a thoroughly proven formula.

I will wait for the user reviews, if I get the game at all. Earlier opinions seemed to be that the combat looked bad in play tests, and that the trailers made it look far more interesting than it was. The whole Jedi mythology gets tired and repetitive the more times you experience it (see list above, Kyle Kataran for your grounded Jedi journey, Starkiller for your comic book excess one), even if the beats still emotionally resonate.
Bro...no need to get nasty just because I think a game should have more innovative mechanics than "Hit L2 + R2 to stop from falling down". You're right...It wasn't for me. As Evil Avatar said, if I wanted to work, I'd go to work.

And yeah. I like star wars (despite the past movie letdowns). It is still an IP with tons of potential. The art in this game is very detailed, the story line is decent so far, and I'm stoked they incorporated some Dark Souls style gameplay into this one. Metal Jesus, don't worry...the game isn't nearly as punishing as Dark Souls. They just have included some mechanics like meditating at certain spots to respawn enemies/upgrade your skills, and dropping skill points on death. I'm playing it on "Jedi Master" difficulty (3 out 4) and it's still nothing like the difficulty of a DS game.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:53 PM   #15
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
No, you need a console for your controller.

The game is pretty epic, doesn't feel like a recent EA game, which is a GOOD thing.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #16
TheHulk
Evil Dead

I think I’ll pick up the One X bundle once the Black Friday prices hit.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #17
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post

Stick to your glorified Fed Ex delivery simulator. It's so enlightening! Those dude bro shooters aren't sophisticated enough for such a intellectual like yourself /sarcasm Because you likely need a sarcasm tag to get it.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #18
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
My only complaint is the didn't get one of the model designers from Code Vein to help. It would have been nice to see some tig ol bitty force users instead of this androgynous black person.

Well that's Debra Wilson, and that's really how she looks like in real life

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0933281/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

She's also Lieutenant General Lyons in COD: Modern Warfare

https://callofduty.fandom.com/wiki/Lyons
Old 11-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #19
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
No, you need a console for your controller.

The game is pretty epic, doesn't feel like a recent EA game, which is a GOOD thing.
Lol...Honestly I wish I had bought it for PS4. Played about 5 hours today (skipped most of work) and could definitely have played more if I wasn't sitting at my desk.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #20
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Lol...Honestly I wish I had bought it for PS4. Played about 5 hours today (skipped most of work) and could definitely have played more if I wasn't sitting at my desk.
The PC master race here (that I was once part of) will say attach the PC to your TV, but I will say: Damn straight!

I will concede that if all you have is a plain PS4 or god forbid original Xbox One, play it on PC. Or better yet, get an X1X.

Tags
jedi fallen order, star wars