Last post by brandonjclark
Yesterday 07:42 AM
315 Replies, 92,091 Views

Old 02-15-2020, 09:04 PM   #61
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I wish the Switch were more powerful too, so we could get direct copies of AAA games instead of ports a year later, but they know that most people are still playing it handheld and that is what they keep targeting.

Plus, them being cheap on hardware means that they always make money selling the system, where Sony and *** always end up losing money on the hardware.
Exactly, I get the mobile thing, I really really do, but they had the DS for that and it was successful for them. So why they needed to do the same thing with a direct competitor to Sony and MS is a bit over board. I get it, they don't want to even put remotely high end parts in their systems in order to always turn a huge profit, but in the end it's the gamers and games themselves that suffer because of it.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:05 PM   #62
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Exactly, I get the mobile thing, I really really do, but they had the DS for that and it was successful for them. So why they needed to do the same thing with a direct competitor to Sony and MS is a bit over board. I get it, they don't want to even put remotely high end parts in their systems in order to always turn a huge profit, but in the end it's the gamers and games themselves that suffer because of it.
Laughable. You want to know what makes gamers and games suffer? Endless remakes and re-releases, "micro"transactions, seasonal passes, loot boxes, etc... Which all the companies are guilty of.

You want high end/expensive? You go PC. You want low/cheap? Nintendo. MS and Sony are battling each other in the middle to be most mediocre at everything... Great. That's something I want to pay for alright.

If you're playing anything multiplatform that could be done on the PC generally you're getting an inferior experience. The MS and Sony exclusives are "o.k" at best and terrible at worst, absolutely nothing I'd want to spend money on. Big pile o' nothing serving blind fanboys.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:05 AM   #63
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Laughable. You want to know what makes gamers and games suffer? Endless remakes and re-releases, "micro"transactions, seasonal passes, loot boxes, etc... Which all the companies are guilty of.

You want high end/expensive? You go PC. You want low/cheap? Nintendo. MS and Sony are battling each other in the middle to be most mediocre at everything... Great. That's something I want to pay for alright.

If you're playing anything multiplatform that could be done on the PC generally you're getting an inferior experience. The MS and Sony exclusives are "o.k" at best and terrible at worst, absolutely nothing I'd want to spend money on. Big pile o' nothing serving blind fanboys.
LOL you need look no further than Nintendo for endless remakes, Mario Kart? Smash Bros? SMB itself? c'mon. Again when I mention Nintendo tends to get passes for things Sony and MS do? That's a prime example.

MS and Sony are practically on par with PC's with the exception of unlimited frame rate/resolution on higher end Nvidia's/ATI's I obviously agree with you PC is and will always be king over consoles, but to downplay the Xbone and PS is pretty stupid.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:07 AM   #64
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
I don't completely disagree with you actually, my issue is if someone is spending all their free time as an adult playing games that are absolutely aimed at pre teens, there's likely something seriously flawed with them.
There's something seriously flawed with you obsessing over this, too. The rest of the world doesn't care except for you.

Quote:
If their mind is so stuck on shit that a 5 year old would enjoy that's kinda troubling.
Question: Does the same hold true for anyone (over the age of 5) that wants to go to Disneyland just for fun? No, not with kids. But, as fun vacation or maybe a honeymoon. To be clear, this isn't about you spending your own money. This is about a hetero couple going to Disneyland for a happy magical getaway.

Quote:
Besides it's so easy to rile the Nintendo faithful to begin with it's quite hard to resist to begin with.
Oh good lord, Spectral. We only have to mention the word Nintendo to work you into a tizzy.

Quote:
This is the reason I give you guys shit. Nintendo could shit in a box for their next hardware offering and you guys would make a shit sandwich out of it and claim it's the best tasting sandwich ever.
It must really deeply hurt you then that mobile gaming is the largest gaming market. Apple being the leading seller of video game systems?
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:22 AM   #65
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
I wish the Switch were more powerful too, so we could get direct copies of AAA games instead of ports a year later, but they know that most people are still playing it handheld and that is what they keep targeting.
I wouldn't be opposed to a 4K/1080p Switch either. I'm still confused why Sony hasn't stepped up to claim this market though. I mean, so simple: Nvidia Shield does 4K gaming at $149.

Quote:
Plus, them being cheap on hardware means that they always make money selling the system, where Sony and *** always end up losing money on the hardware.
But, Sony makes it up on the software. Sony's name and the Playstation brand alone sells software. Yet - Sony just gave up.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:29 AM   #66
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
Why then did the PSVita fail to take off? The original PSP by all means should have easily outsold the DS too. The DS hardware was zero competition to it. I mean, there's no penalty to including high end hardware except retail price. And, retail price is not a problem itself because gamers will happily pay that price for the better gaming experience (see PSP and PSvita).
Old 02-16-2020, 08:37 AM   #67
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
LOL you need look no further than Nintendo for endless remakes, Mario Kart? Smash Bros? SMB itself? c'mon. Again when I mention Nintendo tends to get passes for things Sony and MS do? That's a prime example.

MS and Sony are practically on par with PC's with the exception of unlimited frame rate/resolution on higher end Nvidia's/ATI's I obviously agree with you PC is and will always be king over consoles, but to downplay the Xbone and PS is pretty stupid.
Please, there's less Mario games per year than there have been Uncharted games per year, Call of Duty games per year, Madden games per year, Halo games per year, FIFA games per year, etc..

But Nintendo's the worst are they?

"Practically on par with PC's with the exception of unlimited frame rate/resolution..." Yeah, the Switch is practically on par with the PS4 and Xbox with the exception of frame rate/resolution too.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #68
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Flavas View Post
There's something seriously flawed with you obsessing over this, too. The rest of the world doesn't care except for you.

Question: Does the same hold true for anyone (over the age of 5) that wants to go to Disneyland just for fun? No, not with kids. But, as fun vacation or maybe a honeymoon. To be clear, this isn't about you spending your own money. This is about a hetero couple going to Disneyland for a happy magical getaway.

Oh good lord, Spectral. We only have to mention the word Nintendo to work you into a tizzy.

It must really deeply hurt you then that mobile gaming is the largest gaming market. Apple being the leading seller of video game systems?
You're the one talking shit about my wife etc, I'd say I'm not even close to being the triggered one. In case you haven't been paying attention, I don't care about mobile, that would be Terran.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:49 AM   #69
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Please, there's less Mario games per year than there have been Uncharted games per year, Call of Duty games per year, Madden games per year, Halo games per year, FIFA games per year, etc..

But Nintendo's the worst are they?

"Practically on par with PC's with the exception of unlimited frame rate/resolution..." Yeah, the Switch is practically on par with the PS4 and Xbox with the exception of frame rate/resolution too.
News flash sports titles are yearly! WHO KNEW! LOL yeah a console that can do 4k is so totally on par with one that can do 1080p maxed when docked and far less when not. mmm hmm, keep telling yourself that there poindexter.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #70
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yet we still see tons of shitty platformers and platform mechanics in games. Go figure. And sure the switch looks fine in it's 1280 x 720 max resolution. Just imagine how much better switch games could look on a high end tv if Nintendo, who has more money than God at this point, weren't such fucking cheapskates on hardware.

Nintendo will do a more powerful console when its time. The gamecube was a powerhouse wrapped in a neat compact box that was super cheap with a great controller and it got no appreciation. I hate to say it but in the real world power doesn't matter right now. Especially when it comes to nintendo.

If nintendo manages to rangle in a bunch of 3rd party support for a long period of time they may say screw it and throw out a monster console in an attempt to unseat sony and take the top spot.

But they may like it just where they are. Making all the money and letting sony take all the risk. Sony has to make powerful consoles. its all they've got.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:19 PM   #71
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Nintendo will do a more powerful console when its time. The gamecube was a powerhouse wrapped in a neat compact box that was super cheap with a great controller and it got no appreciation. I hate to say it but in the real world power doesn't matter right now. Especially when it comes to nintendo.

If nintendo manages to rangle in a bunch of 3rd party support for a long period of time they may say screw it and throw out a monster console in an attempt to unseat sony and take the top spot.

But they may like it just where they are. Making all the money and letting sony take all the risk. Sony has to make powerful consoles. its all they've got.
No they won't, that would cost money, it might dip into their precious stacks of cash. Nintendo will continue to be Nintendo, live off 30+ year old IP and keep selling to manchildren living off nostalgia of being six and playing MarioKart, while being a platform of lesser ports and shitty JRPG's that no one outside of Japan has heard of.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:47 PM   #72
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
News flash sports titles are yearly! WHO KNEW! LOL yeah a console that can do 4k is so totally on par with one that can do 1080p maxed when docked and far less when not. mmm hmm, keep telling yourself that there poindexter.
I believe it was you who said "with the exception of frame rate/resolution...". Perhaps you don't know what "exception" means? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't make such a ridiculous comparison between two different devices like that, poindexter
Old 02-16-2020, 11:15 PM   #73
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I believe it was you who said "with the exception of frame rate/resolution...". Perhaps you don't know what "exception" means? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't make such a ridiculous comparison between two different devices like that, poindexter
Compared to the switch the PS4 and Xbone ARE high end PC's. That thing is a piece of shit. Btw how all that Anthem content turn out? Oh wait.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:54 AM   #74
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
You're the one talking shit about my wife etc, I'd say I'm not even close to being the triggered one.
Well, if you've been paying attention I've actually been using your wife and child to show your humanity, to show that you're not a complete total monster.

Quote:
In case you haven't been paying attention, I don't care about mobile, that would be Terran.
Just like you don't care about Nintendo and can leave others alone to enjoy it, right?
Old 02-17-2020, 08:36 AM   #75
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Compared to the switch the PS4 and Xbone ARE high end PC's. That thing is a piece of shit. Btw how all that Anthem content turn out? Oh wait.
And compared to the PS4 and Xbone a PC is a high end PC. Again, it just seems like you don't know the meaning of words?

To answer your second question, about the same as your Switch I imagine, only much cheaper.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:37 PM   #76
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
And compared to the PS4 and Xbone a PC is a high end PC. Again, it just seems like you don't know the meaning of words?

To answer your second question, about the same as your Switch I imagine, only much cheaper.
Woohoo thank you Captain Obvious!
Old 02-18-2020, 07:19 AM   #77
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Woohoo thank you Captain Obvious!
Well you have been attempting some pretty low-class digs here. But, turnabout is fair play they say

Tags
nintendo, spec bait, switch