James Gunn Fired as...
Last post by Butters66
Today 06:06 AM
53 Replies, 1,883 Views

Old 02-09-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Monster Hunter World Sets A New All-Time Capcom Sales Record

GameSpot is reporting that Capcom has shipped over six million copies of Monster Hunter World in just a few weeks.

Quote:
Monster Hunter World is notable in a number of ways. It was the first new core Monster Hunter entry to appear on consoles in the better part of a decade and--while still challenging--it's more welcoming of newcomers than previous installments. Through its first two weeks, those decisions have paid off.

Capcom announced last month that Monster Hunter World enjoyed the strongest first three days of any entry in the series, with 5 million units shipped worldwide across PS4 and Xbox One. As of February 9, that figure has now reached 6 million units--something it's done faster than any game in Capcom's history, according to the publisher. Bear in mind, this number accounts for digital sales and the number of units shipped to retailers (but not necessarily sold through to consumers).

The series record came as little surprise, given that the game launched for PS4 and Xbox One, the combined install base of which eclipsed 3DS, which recent entries were exclusive to. World also had the benefit of a simultaneous worldwide launch, thereby bolstering its launch sales figures. Nonetheless, it's clear that interest in the new RPG has been strong.
The Evil Avatar Monster Hunter: World Review
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
Exodus
Evil Dead

THey didn't realize the game everyone wanted on a console proper for the last 10yrs would do so well?
lolololololololololololololol
Old 02-09-2018, 04:15 PM   #3
ashikenshin
Subscriber

It’s as if people forget the wii u’s existence . There was a console release in 2013 of a monster hunter.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #4
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Gotta just wait patiently for the PC release...
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #5
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

This is the first Monster Hunter game I've played. As a newb, I gotta say, it's tough to get used to.
-I need to learn not to button-mash
-Learn the "tells" of the monsters because there is no health bars (when it's time to trap, when to dodge in a timely fashion, etc.)
-How to mount the monster successfully (only do it by accident with the Insect Glaive)
-Ultimately, learn how to stop sucking at this game
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:11 PM   #6
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
It’s as if people forget the wii u’s existence . There was a console release in 2013 of a monster hunter.
It's true. Wasn't a bad version, either. I put 300 hours or more into it. A lot of hours. It was a great game. It just didn't get the publicity Monster Hunter Worlds got being on the Pii-U.

I knew the Monster Hunter thing was going to go bananas when World dropped on the PS4. I called it right here. But it's been a pretty great series all along.

It tells ya what people will ignore until there's hype around it. It's too bad that hype drives sales so much. Mass gamers are driven by hype.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:01 PM   #7
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

I'm surprised, it looks and plays like a kids game.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #8
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
It's true. Wasn't a bad version, either. I put 300 hours or more into it. A lot of hours. It was a great game. It just didn't get the publicity Monster Hunter Worlds got being on the Pii-U.

I knew the Monster Hunter thing was going to go bananas when World dropped on the PS4. I called it right here. But it's been a pretty great series all along.

It tells ya what people will ignore until there's hype around it. It's too bad that hype drives sales so much. Mass gamers are driven by hype.
It helps they put it on platforms people actually care about and actually marketed it outside of Japan. I was always interested in this series, but I wasn't going to play it on a handheld or an underpowered Nintendo console.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:30 PM   #9
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
It helps they put it on platforms people actually care about and actually marketed it outside of Japan. I was always interested in this series, but I wasn't going to play it on a handheld or an underpowered Nintendo console.
Exactly this. Bout time it gets put on hardware that I actually give a shit about.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:39 AM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
I could see not playing it on the Wii U. Not many people picked up that console, and while Monster Hunter is a system seller in Japan, it's wasn't really a that great a reason to pick up a Pii-U. Great game. It's not like its a masterpiece or anything, though.

But if someone really was "interested in the series", there were plenty of avenues to play it before now here in the States.

Your "powerful" console version will be the inferior version when the game drops on PC in the fall though, just so you know. Thought I'd tell you, because it sounds like "power" matters to you as far as hardware goes. I'm guessing as soon as MS dropped the Xbox One X's "Most Powerful Console Ever" line on the screen during a press release, you were hittin' the "buy" button. Ke-ke-ke.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 02-12-2018 at 04:50 AM..
Old 02-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #11
ashikenshin
Subscriber

The Wii U version was very good. I liked a lot even though I didn't care much about the underwater fights.

But, Monster Hunter World is the definitive version. It surpasses every other Monster Hunter game by a lot from what I have played. I'm not the most experienced hunter out there, being only rank 15 atm. But, wow this game is the definitive edition.

As for how much better the PC version will be? dunno, it's going to be essentially the same game, just a bit more framerate/resolution. I rather play it now though. I couldn't possibly wait till October to play this masterpiece.

This game truly is one of the best games ever created.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #12
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
The Wii U version was very good. I liked a lot even though I didn't care much about the underwater fights.

But, Monster Hunter World is the definitive version. It surpasses every other Monster Hunter game by a lot from what I have played. I'm not the most experienced hunter out there, being only rank 15 atm. But, wow this game is the definitive edition.

As for how much better the PC version will be? dunno, it's going to be essentially the same game, just a bit more framerate/resolution. I rather play it now though. I couldn't possibly wait till October to play this masterpiece.

This game truly is one of the best games ever created.
Yah, don't get me wrong, whether on PS4, Xbox One, or PC, I'd imagine it's fantastic. The Wii U version was a lot of fun, and like you're saying here, I heard this version is better.

I will be grabbing it in October. If I had a PS4, I'd likely have picked it up by now.

I guess it's a good thing that the series is getting the exposure it's getting now. Hopefully that'll mean we'll see more of them, and they'll continue to push the series forward.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #13
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Hopefully they will keep adding monsters armors and weapons as free DLC like they have done in the past. G-Rank missions would be nice too.

With the amount of exposure it has been getting, we might get more monhunter-like games as we did with the souls-like games. And, if we are really lucky, more companies will follow suit with the free DLC scheme of the Monster Hunter games.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I could see not playing it on the Wii U. Not many people picked up that console, and while Monster Hunter is a system seller in Japan, it's wasn't really a that great a reason to pick up a Pii-U. Great game. It's not like its a masterpiece or anything, though.

But if someone really was "interested in the series", there were plenty of avenues to play it before now here in the States.

Your "powerful" console version will be the inferior version when the game drops on PC in the fall though, just so you know. Thought I'd tell you, because it sounds like "power" matters to you as far as hardware goes. I'm guessing as soon as MS dropped the Xbox One X's "Most Powerful Console Ever" line on the screen during a press release, you were hittin' the "buy" button. Ke-ke-ke.
Oh jesus, or perhaps it's people don't want to play it on a shitty handheld with shitty handheld controls. Has very little to do with "POWAH!" I don't own now or have ever owned handheld systems, including the gameboy or Lynx or whatever. No fucking thanks.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #15
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Oh jesus, or perhaps it's people don't want to play it on a shitty handheld with shitty handheld controls. Has very little to do with "POWAH!" I don't own now or have ever owned handheld systems, including the gameboy or Lynx or whatever. No fucking thanks.
You've never owned a LYNX?! Get the f*** outa here! All credibility lost.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #16
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Quote:

I never said the console version was the definitive version. I insinuated that Nintendo makes shit hardware (even by console standards) and that I am not 12 and haven't owned a handheld in quite some time. Apparently I'm the demographic you should be aiming at if you want to break records.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #17
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
I never said the console version was the definitive version. I insinuated that Nintendo makes shit hardware (even by console standards) and that I am not 12 and haven't owned a handheld in quite some time. Apparently I'm the demographic you should be aiming at if you want to break records.
I won't disagree. I think Nintendo's hardware can be hit or miss.

Top 3 selling games of 2017 in N.A.
Call of Duty: WWII
NBA 2K18
Destiny 2

But yah, good point. You're likely right. You are probably the demographic to aim for when you want to break records.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #18
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I won't disagree. I think Nintendo's hardware can be hit or miss.

Top 3 selling games of 2017 in N.A.
Call of Duty: WWII
NBA 2K18
Destiny 2

But yah, good point. You're likely right. You are probably the demographic to aim for when you want to break records.
He isn't likely right, he's absolutely right. I'll give Nintendo credit, their Switch is selling and that's great for them. Personally I have no interest in Nintendo IP, and if I'm getting a cross platform title that isn't on PC, it's going to be on the PS4, for the visual fidelity, and I'm sure there's a lot of straight males in their 30's, early 40's that feel exactly the same. There's alot of us that just don't care for the experiences Nintendo gives anymore. It was great when I was 10. Now that I'm in my 40's, it just does nothing for me.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:03 AM   #19
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
He isn't likely right, he's absolutely right. I'll give Nintendo credit, their Switch is selling and that's great for them. Personally I have no interest in Nintendo IP, and if I'm getting a cross platform title that isn't on PC, it's going to be on the PS4, for the visual fidelity, and I'm sure there's a lot of straight males in their 30's, early 40's that feel exactly the same. There's alot of us that just don't care for the experiences Nintendo gives anymore. It was great when I was 10. Now that I'm in my 40's, it just does nothing for me.
Straight males in their 30s and 40s? That's hilarious.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 02-13-2018 at 12:08 PM..
Old 02-13-2018, 06:35 AM   #20
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
...if I'm getting a cross platform title that isn't on PC, it's going to be on the PS4, for the visual fidelity...
If we're talking about visual fidelity outside of the PC realm, I'd end up going with the One X for multiplatform titles. I mean, it's just better, hands down.

Quote:
...and I'm sure there's a lot of straight males in their 30's, early 40's that feel exactly the same.
I, too, understand how someone's sexuality is applicable to this discussion.

Quote:
Now that I'm in my 40's, it just does nothing for me.
You're in your 40's? I would have guessed you were at least half that age, based on how you behave like a kid who just discovered the word "fuck".

Tags
capcom, monster hunter world