US State Senator Calls...
Last post by blackzc
Today 02:58 PM
26 Replies, 2,430 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-17-2017, 11:50 AM   #101
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Funny how quiet the few resident liberals have been this entire 5 page thread.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #102
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Funny how quiet the few resident liberals have been this entire 5 page thread.
TRUTH.

Hypocrisy is a regular feature of liberalism. Besides, silence has worked for decades with Hollywood liberals, why not follow their lead, right?

The preachy leftist warriors for women have been busy assaulting them and paying them less than their male counterparts for the privilege of being raped and molested by liberals who will make it all better by...by...by...fighting the NRA and global warming, while maintaining armed security/bodyguards, living in multiple homes (carbon emissions! Unsustainable!) and flying more than a hundred regular Americans in a week! Yeah, that's the ticket! :facepalm:
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #103
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

This is such an interesting trait I can only imagine appears mostly in entertainment and academia.

Most places I've worked people have reputations and the "behind their back" talk but nothing like this; it's almost all based on how they act in the scope of their professionalism. "They are a primadonna, hire them and you'd better realize they are going to build THEIR product." "That person is amazing but toxic" and stuff like that.

Nothing like stuff which exudes and blurs likes between personal and professional like you can in some other industries.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:20 PM   #105
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
This is such an interesting trait I can only imagine appears mostly in entertainment and academia.

Most places I've worked people have reputations and the "behind their back" talk but nothing like this; it's almost all based on how they act in the scope of their professionalism. "They are a primadonna, hire them and you'd better realize they are going to build THEIR product." "That person is amazing but toxic" and stuff like that.

Nothing like stuff which exudes and blurs likes between personal and professional like you can in some other industries.
Good post. How much stuff do these people get away with because, hey, its all pretend? You know how hollywood is...
Old 10-17-2017, 09:44 PM   #106
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Good post. How much stuff do these people get away with because, hey, its all pretend? You know how hollywood is...
Sick and diseased.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:07 PM   #107
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Also, a Vice writer who did gaming articles and blamed everything on #Gamergate turns out to be a sexual predator as well. Why is it not surprising?

*btw I don't think what happened was sexual assault but a feminist definition of sexual assault

Last edited by ashikenshin; 10-18-2017 at 09:25 AM..
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #108
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
Also, a Vice writer who did gaming articles and blamed everything on #Gamergate turns out to be a sexual predator as well. Why is it not surprising?

*btw I don't think what happened was sexual assault but a feminist definition of sexual assault
As was the liberal writer/owner of Birth.Movies.Death and several other anti-Gamergate journalists have been outed for sexual assault. It's almost like these people say one thing and do something different in real life.

Liberals never do that, right?
Old 10-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #109
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Variety: A TV Executive Sexually Assaulted Me: A Critic’s Personal Story
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #110
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
As was the liberal writer/owner of Birth.Movies.Death and several other anti-Gamergate journalists have been outed for sexual assault. It's almost like these people say one thing and do something different in real life.

Liberals never do that, right?
If by never you mean always.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #111
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
I see the point and there are good suggestions in there about keeping an eye out for unprofessional behavior. But I take serious issue with the closing.

Quote:
Believe women. Believe men. Believe survivors. Believe that some people are capable of the worst things. Believe that a percentage of men don’t resist the sexist, abusive conditioning baked into toxic masculinity. Believe that some enjoy inflicting pain and transgressing norms, or all of us coming forward means nothing.
It seems we're regressing to a state where we're being asked to "believe the victim" before the facts are in. This is a troubling standard we already have far too many problems with.

Earlier in article she finds herself splitting hairs on wording. She had to look up the difference between sexual assault and harassment so she could determine the degree of offense?

We have no baseline "we'll know it when we see it" has been abused over and over by victimhood hustlers ever since the filter of the victim became the arbiter of offense.

And let's not forget the hit to "toxic masculinity" instead of what the real problem is which is how anyone of any gender with a vast amount of power acts.

The floodgates have opened and that's fine; the boil had to be lanced and people are finding this to be cathartic. I'm worried about the infection that's going to be left after everyone is done picking at the wound because apparently shit is gunna change, yo.

Or will it all go away like last year's award show dresses?
Old 10-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #112
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:

Or will it all go away like last year's award show dresses?
We're probably going to see a lot of washed up celebrities claiming similar harassment, to be later proven as liars after getting a ton of sympathy from the public and rest of Hollywood, and ending the whole entire thing right there.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #113
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
It seems we're regressing to a state where we're being asked to "believe the victim" before the facts are in.
The kangaroo courts of college campuses prove how badly awry this can go if allowed to. Weinstein clearly looks like a monster, and there are many others, but some of the accusers are also monsters who are looking to destroy people for their own purposes and motivations.

Mattress girl is one such monster. The Duke lacrosse case is another example.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:10 PM   #114
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post

yeah, I didn't really knew what happened but upon further reading. Guy is a douche.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/18/vi...ampaign=buffer
Old 10-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #115
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I think the guy is an ass for many reasons, not the least is his obviously oafish behavior. However I have to wonder if this is one of those things where the victim feels it's assault in hindsight because these things happened in public rather than in private which completely amplified any memory of embarrassment the experience in her brain to the point of feeling assaulted. There are things that have happened to me which were embarrassing at the time but I look back on and am completely mortified about especially with a few layers of maturity between me and the event.

#MeToo may be empowering and good for getting some of these entrenched scumbags out of their spots of power. Beware though lest we forget "Me Too!" is often used as a term for bandwagoning. Not too many years ago the "Dear Colleague" letter was a great step for empowerment and we saw how quickly that turned from empowerment to a billy club and tool for revenge of any petty regret a woman, or even observer, might have.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:19 PM   #116
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Where are all the women chiming in about this issue on EA? Ohhhhh, that's right, nvm....
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #117
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojopin View Post
Where are all the women chiming in about this issue on EA? Ohhhhh, that's right, nvm....
Yeah, clearly all we have here is a circle-jerk sausage fest with nothing to contribute to the conversation that will have extreme repercussions for a large portion of the population. The rush to create some semblance of justice and retaliation will likely set many (probably bad) precedents which while quick to implement will take years to undo once the insidiousness of their full impact is felt.

Again, I refer people to the "Dear Colleague" letter which established Kangaroo Courts on college campuses ousting mostly men for any violation of very loosely defined sexual assault charges. Without any due process the accused was assumed guilty, disallowed from questioning the charges and often unable to give evidence in their defense. All but railroaded and only now, after years and years is finally being walked back at a glacial pace (and to the objection of a number of campus administrations) so criminal matters will now actually be reported to police.

Unless you think this will stop with the entertainment industry in which case you're pretty dumb.

But OK, I guess you've made the call.

Everyone, you heard Mojopin. Close the thread and go back to just instantly stopping any and all critical thinking, debate, or questioning about any veracity of any accounts that may be flooding onto the interwebs in the torrent of shaming. What ever will be will be and let the chips fall where they may and god help men when the wussified world - which is the strong force right - makes the rules without any filters of any kind because there's no way a MAN could be objective or anything but defensive. Or something.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:28 PM   #118
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yep continue to show your true colors. Typical progressive shitbag.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:11 AM   #119
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
"no thinking allowed" according to liberals.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:24 AM   #120
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
It seems we're regressing to a state where we're being asked to "believe the victim" before the facts are in. This is a troubling standard we already have far too many problems with.
I was just in Salem three weeks ago for part of my honeymoon and "believe the victim" was essentially the entire reason why the Witch Trials took place; when accused, the suspected witch was automatically assumed to be a witch until they were able to prove otherwise. It's kind of sad that a mentality we were able to abandon - to one degree or another - over the course of 325 years has slowly reared its ugly head again.

We see this sort of behavior every day, unfortunately. Every time someone brings accusations of any against an athlete, the vast majority of people automatically assume they did it. Even metal bands aren't immune.

While it's important to advocate for the victims of any crime...it's equally important to give the accused the benefit of the doubt, because accusing someone of something does not mean they're automatically guilty.

Tags
batfleck, ben affleck, harvey weinstein, hollywood