Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Terran
Today 08:04 PM
5,247 Replies, 1,181,317 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by RAV
Today 04:45 PM
167 Replies, 53,991 Views
The Grudge 2 Red Band...
Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Today 12:31 PM
8 Replies, 536 Views
Antlers Trailer -...
Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Today 12:26 PM
6 Replies, 461 Views
Predator: Hunting...
Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Today 12:22 PM
5 Replies, 353 Views
Resident Evil 3 Remake...
Last post by MADxMrMike
Today 09:44 AM
2 Replies, 225 Views
First Ghostbusters:...
Last post by Kreigmstr
Today 09:12 AM
31 Replies, 1,365 Views
Babylonís Fall State of...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 06:58 AM
1 Replies, 221 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #21
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Thank God, I don't want this guy anywhere near a DC film after what he did to Josstice League.
This isn't really fair. They brought him in to salvage a ridiculous trainwreck on an impossible time table. The CGI looks so bad mostly because they didn't even have time to balance the lighting with the CGI.

He was really just brought in to be the fixer to try to salvage something from the slow moving disaster that was the Justice League production schedule.

If you want to tear Whedon down you should attack Avengers 2. That is a much more fair way to attack him.

I don't really agree because of Firefly, Cabin in the woods, Avengers 1. Not every movie can be a hit, but Justice League really isn't his fault.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 05:16 PM   #22
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
You missed a lot, lol. Using your position of power and influence to extract sexual concessions from those dependent upon your good graces for work is the very definition of abuse. He's a slightly less scummy Harvey Weinstein with a bigger mouth, smaller waistline, and a bit less pockmarked face from hell.
I haven't seen info like that. No girls he had a relationship with are actually complaining or upset that I have head of. Just his wife right?

I mean I'm ready for him to be a monster or whatever, but this is not equivalent to Weinstein at all right now.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 05:20 PM   #23
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
No girls he had a relationship with are actually complaining
A man in a position of power uses that power to have sex with those who rely upon his good graces for employment...

Thank GOD they're not complaining! He's officially restored as a feminist icon. Dodged a real bullet there. Carry on, Joss! And the rest of you bosses and supervisors and higher ups out there, please keep having sex with your underlings and employees. Eats is cool with it as long as nobody complains! Reopen the fan site, STAT!

FFS. SMDH.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #24
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,091
That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying having inappropriate relationships with your employees is not the same as rape, which is what Weinstein is accused of.

Lots of marriages came from people dating their secretaries, etc. That is not rape.

It's certainly not a good look, and is ripe for abuse. But the potential for abuse of power is not the same thing as actual abuse of power.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:25 PM   #25
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Wait a second. Did he abuse his position? I thought he just slept with co-workers? The only thing I see here is that he took offers to have sexual episodes with willing participants. I don't see anything here about pushing people into having sex with him. The only victim here is the wife he cheated on did I miss something?
You didnít miss anything.

Terran is, as usual, making up 90% of a story based on what he wants to believe.

Whedon is outspoken on social and political issues in a way that Terran doesnít agree with, so in his grubby, worm ridden mind, that means anything negative he can dream up about him is justified and true because... he wants it to be. And ďI donít like him, so that means I can make up things about himĒ.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:58 PM   #26
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
But the potential for abuse of power is not the same thing as actual abuse of power.
Having sex with someone who reports to you or depends upon you for employment is by its very nature an abuse of power. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizbag
Terran is, as usual, making up 90% of a story based on what he wants to believe.
Douchebag say what?

Joss Whedon: Serial anti-feminist douchebag.

The reason he is so loud and proud about his feminism is, as he said in his own words, because he violates women in his private life and is the opposite of a feminist in his actual behavior.

As he said: "As a guilty man I knew the only way to hide was to act as though I were righteous."

Yup. I made it all up!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:20 PM   #27
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Having sex with someone who reports to you or depends upon you for employment is by its very nature an abuse of power. Period.
I don't agree that two adults engaging in a consensual relationship is an abuse of power. Lots of couples meet that way. How far does this extend in your mind? Can a surfing instructor bang his students?

Can a servant/maid bang their employer? What if they work for an agency so you are technically their client? Can you bang your waitress or a stripper because they are reporting to you?
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I don't agree that two adults engaging in a consensual relationship is an abuse of power. Lots of couples meet that way. How far does this extend in your mind? Can a surfing instructor bang his students?

Can a servant/maid bang their employer? What if they work for an agency so you are technically their client? Can you bang your waitress or a stripper because they are reporting to you?
Of course you don't. Go virtue signal some more. The guy being married to begin with should tell you something. He's another phony do as I say not as I do leftist cunt.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:44 PM   #29
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Go virtue signal some more.
Aren't you guys the ones virtue signaling? You are trying to white knight and take #MeToo to the wall right now.

I don't think that my position on this would be popular with liberals at all.

Also I'm not saying Whedon is a good guy here. Just that he isn't a rapist.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #30
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Having sex with someone who reports to you or depends upon you for employment is by its very nature an abuse of power. Period.



Douchebag say what?

Joss Whedon: Serial anti-feminist douchebag.

The reason he is so loud and proud about his feminism is, as he said in his own words, because he violates women in his private life and is the opposite of a feminist in his actual behavior.

As he said: "As a guilty man I knew the only way to hide was to act as though I were righteous."

Yup. I made it all up!
Except thatís not AT ALL what he said. He never ONCE says he ďviolates womenĒ. You are INVENTING that because you like the sound of it. You believe what you want to believe and you make facts fit your whims.

The letter he was writing TO HIS WIFE was about confessing to her that he had been unfaithful to his wedding vows. Thatís the ďguilty manĒ line. He was explaining that he allowed himself to love her while simultaneously betraying her, which is not an act of love.

He isnít confessing to raping women.

Youíre an idiot an nobody takes you seriously.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:18 AM   #31
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I don't agree that two adults engaging in a consensual relationship is an abuse of power.
In the case of using your position to extract it, as he did from subordinates and individuals dependent upon him for employment, it is indeed by its very nature an abuse of power.

He's admitted that to his wife, who has shared his hypocrisy with the world. Keep defending the indefensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Except thatís not AT ALL what he said. He never ONCE says he ďviolates womenĒ. You are INVENTING that
Nope. His words: "As a guilty man I knew the only way to hide was to act as though I were righteous." He had sex with people he had power over in employment. He abused his position for physical gratification and covered it over with the atonement of a loudmouth approach to feminism when he's actually a serial abuser of women in positions of power imbalance.

He's YOUR HERO!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:40 AM   #32
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post



Nope. His words: "As a guilty man I knew the only way to hide was to act as though I were righteous." He had sex with people he had power over in employment. He abused his position for physical gratification and covered it over with the atonement of a loudmouth approach to feminism when he's actually a serial abuser of women in positions of power imbalance.

He's YOUR HERO!
You can keep saying that over and over again, but itís an opinion that is ENTIRELY based on your inability to comprehend basic writing structure.

Why would he be writing a letter to his wife confessing crime?

Why hasnít the axe fallen on him like Weinstein?

Could it be... because you grossly and intentionally misunderstood the text?

Itís not a crime to have a relationship with people you have power over therefore, no, itís NOT sexual harassment. If you think thatís what sexual harassment is,you donít understand anything thatís going on in society right now. MANY directors and actresses have become couples on films.

https://onedio.co/content/26-directo...r-movies-13569

Itís only sexual harassment if itís unwanted. Whedon doesnít specify that it was unwanted in any way. (Why would he?)

What was wrong, his ďcrimeĒ, was that he was married.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:45 AM   #33
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
You can keep saying that over and over again
I will!

Quote:
It’s only sexual harassment if it’s unwanted.
Wrong. He abused his position of power in order to extract sexual favors from individuals who, by the very nature of their position within his workplace, could not consent.

#MeToo says so. Stop fighting against women on this issue. You are advocating abuse of power and privilege when you argue in support of a man who abused both to get sex.

He's such a HERO!

Vox: #MeToo Advice

Quote:
But the thing I’ve been hearing the most is from women in their 40s, 50s, and 60s who — in part as a result of this conversation — are thinking really seriously for the first time all about things that they have sort of had to set to the side in order to survive and make a living. [They] are now allowing themselves to think, “Oh, hey, these things that I experienced in the ’70s and ’80s I actually felt profoundly not okay with; I hated it. I had to kind of go along to get along because at the time there was just no room for me to speak up. Or I tried to speak up and I was punished.” [They are] feeling a really powerful sense of reckoning now, a sort of, “I’m glad this conversation is happening, and I’m also furious that this conversation was not available to me when this was happening.”

I feel like historically there has been actually a lot of infantilization of men, suggesting, like, unless you shoot a semaphore directly into a man’s face, how could he possibly be expected to understand something like a power dynamic or [consent].
Stop advocating the infantilization of men (consent and power dynamics are so haaaard...whaaa whaaa) and the abuse of women, JIZ.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #34
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I will!



Wrong. He abused his position of power in order to extract sexual favors from individuals who, by the very nature of their position within his workplace, could not consent.

#MeToo says so. Stop fighting against women on this issue. You are advocating abuse of power and privilege when you argue in support of a man who abused both to get sex.

He's such a HERO!

Vox: #MeToo Advice



Stop advocating the infantilization of men (consent and power dynamics are so haaaard...whaaa whaaa) and the abuse of women, JIZ.
I LOVE that you are having to appeal to VOX to find someone who vaguely supports your idea. I hope you two will be very happy together.

Terran. Proud VOX supporter.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #35
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,260
LOL, is that all you're left with? An ad hominem based upon sourcing? lulz. Thank you for the laugh. The truth is the truth regardless of source, poor little fella.

Jiz: Supporter of the right of those in power to extract sexual favors from individuals who, by the very nature of their position within the workplace, cannot consent and in fact do not wish to consent but find their voices silenced and choices limited by hypocrites and enablers such as yourself.

Another heroic defender to join Joss Whedon in the brave quest to excuse and allow the sexual conquest of subordinates in the workplace has been found...Jiz of EvAv! A brave new spin to the #MeToo movement...Jiz wants in on the action!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:39 AM   #36
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
An ad hominem based upon sourcing?
Your source is trash, but also you can't have an ad hominem based on sourcing. That doesn't even make sense. The source is part of the actual argument.

More importantly, your source doesn't even back up your argument!!!

No where in this article is it even saying the same things that you are saying. Also it is just an opinion piece of one random woman's opinion in each paragraph so it doesn't even matter what it says anyway.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:33 AM   #37
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Your source is trash
His wife is trash? You're an asshole for saying that.

Remember kiddies, sex with others in situations of a power imbalance is perfectly fine and consensual if you're a righteous feminist on the outside, lol.

#MeToo has a whole new meaning, courtesy of Eats and Jiz!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:01 AM   #38
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
His wife is trash? You're an asshole for saying that.

Remember kiddies, sex with others in situations of a power imbalance is perfectly fine and consensual if you're a righteous feminist on the outside, lol.

#MeToo has a whole new meaning, courtesy of Eats and Jiz!
I guess I'm done because you are just trolling. I was talking about your vox article that you cited but didn't even read I guess.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:14 AM   #39
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,260
You called the source shit, and the only sources that matter in this discussion are the individuals involved (the wife's accusation are not 'shit') and the reality (touted repeatedly by the left!) that power imbalances by their very nature make consent impossible.

But hey, knock yourself out and pressure folks in your hierarchy into sex. If they don't publicly complain, it's cool...so long as you have a 'progressive' resume to shield you!

#YouToo?
#ApparentlySo
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
batgirl, dc comics, dc entertainment

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:38 PM.