The Rock teams up with a...
Last post by Karai Pantsu
Yesterday 04:16 PM
16 Replies, 1,346 Views
» Promotion

Old 07-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Destiny 2 contains so much story content Bungie hopes “people complain” about it

VG247 has the story.

Quote:
The story in Destiny 2 features quite a bit on loss and the internal struggles of NPCs. Titan Vanguard Commander Zavala, Warlock Vanguard Ikora Rey, and Hunter Vanguard Cayde-6 are all struggling with what it means to be a Guardian in the game.

Each one of them has a connection to the loss of Light, which has been taken away, and they will ultimately have to learn how to overcome this void. Players will face the same struggle, wonder whether they are still a Guardian without the light.

Of course, there’s also the story of The Traveler, which the Cabal Red Guard have taken over. Once House of Wolves and The Taken King were released, Destiny 1 pretty much failed to mention The Traveler again.

“I think players are ultimately going to see a wide variety of story channels and an eclectic number of outlets to see story infused throughout the game,” said Harris. “There is story everywhere.”

“I hope people complain about how much story we have,” added Ward. “That would be the reddit thread I’d like to read.”
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:56 PM   #2
ashikenshin
Subscriber

I don't believe them. They are getting rid of the traveler because they have no clue what to do with it. They failed with the story with Destiny 1. The story is destroyed, gone with the writers that left. It's an empty shell, a carcass, dead. But, story is not what the fans that stuck with Destiny 1 want.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
Meeks
Subscriber

Couldn't care less about the story, personally. It's the gameplay that will (or won't) keep me coming back for more.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Is the story going to be on the same 5 maps just from different starting points?
Old 07-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #5
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

It's the internet.

Guaranteed they will.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #6
Male Chauvinist
Knight

Bwahahahahaha, gamers don't care about story, gamers care about gameplay which of course modern bungie doesn't understand.
Male Chauvinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #7
Sammael
Nope, nope. Not this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
Is the story going to be on the same 5 maps just from different starting points?
God, how could they not see this was going to be such a shitty thing to do.

The shooting was fun, but the small amount of areas and content knee capped the whole game.

How about making your shooter so that I don't have to read 5 different FAQs to figure out what to do next since your game won't tell me?

I had fun with Destiny in spurts, but it was a struggle.

And add a god damned group finder. There was no acceptable excuse for that.

Biggest Ranger Fan on EA!!!!!!!!
Lets go Rangers!!!!
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:15 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammael View Post

And add a god damned group finder. There was no acceptable excuse for that.
I think the idea was that when you do group finders that the random people you join up with will drop out before you can complete a raid.

The solution is don't make stupid raids that take 8 hours to complete and no one can figure out the objectives.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:12 AM   #9
Robberbaron
Knight

Chooo Chooo Hype Train incoming!
Robberbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:23 AM   #10
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male Chauvinist View Post
Bwahahahahaha, gamers don't care about story, gamers care about gameplay which of course modern bungie doesn't understand.
If this were true, there wouldn't have been any complaints, but they certainly cropped up an awful lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
I don't believe them. They are getting rid of the traveler because they have no clue what to do with it. They failed with the story with Destiny 1. The story is destroyed, gone with the writers that left. It's an empty shell, a carcass, dead. But, story is not what the fans that stuck with Destiny 1 want.
Well, they did know what to do with The Traveler, at one point. The game's story went through massive re-writes toward the end, which ultimately resulted in the game being delayed from 2013 to 2014. This all came out during a lawsuit from a few years back.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:50 AM   #11
Sammael
Nope, nope. Not this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I think the idea was that when you do group finders that the random people you join up with will drop out before you can complete a raid.

The solution is don't make stupid raids that take 8 hours to complete and no one can figure out the objectives.
Sure, but I just refused to use the LFG resources. So I never got to experience the raids. I would have much rather gotten in to at least try and fail, then not try at all. Or let people join in progress raids.

I missed the first big raid by a while as it was since no one was doing it anymore after the new ones came into play.

Biggest Ranger Fan on EA!!!!!!!!
Lets go Rangers!!!!
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #12
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter

They are bragging about the amount of story in their game?

Color me wary.
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:03 AM   #13
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:

This. If 50% of D1 players didn't ever try the raids why waste resources making more? I did the 1st raid in destiny. A few times. People did drop out. I never got any good loot. Because of random drops. It took too long.

Would rather have more strikes and public events,Weekly events ect.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #14
Nowyn
Ethos Knight

I only did the Vault of Glass raid, and when I played as it first came out, it was buggy as hell. There were things happening that would break the raid and cause so many problems.

The first couple of times I did it, it would be 4 or 5 hours as everybody was still learning and everybody had some type of new way of handling stuff.

Then once we all got acclimated and everybody got their roles down, we would have drop outs from time to time, but the problem was that the end guy would always drop the same shaders and stuff. It was kind of dumb. I get that random loot is random, but it was just dumb.

My deal with Destiny was the fact that all of the stories basically were on the same maps you had from the beginning. They would just turn them backwards and whatnot. So I liked the gamplay, very smooth and fun but the repetition got ridiculous, so more story would be something I'd be looking for, more areas especially. I've got friends buying the game and I'm heavily resisting it.
Nowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:04 AM   #15
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

They're starting to sound like Bethesda.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:08 AM   #16
bub64882
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male Chauvinist View Post
I am a gamer and I care about story.

Should a game have good gameplay? Duh. Like a film should have good cinematography and acting. But good acting with a shit story is not a good movie.
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #17
bub64882
Evil Dead

Quote:

Yes, nostalgia says that back in Vanilla warcraft, you had to use trade chat to put a group together, and it took time, so people were invested in finishing the content.

But Bungie built an "MMO-Lite" and then didn't put any fucking chat tools in. FORCING console players to interwebs to put together raid groups was incredibly short sighted and just DUMB. It guaranteed that a good portion of the player base would never see the raids, or get the loot that made other end game content like Nightmare difficulty strikes even possible.

Just one more example of how they failed at basic architecture of their game. I really hope they learned a lot, because my son has begged and bartered me into pre-ordering 2. :/
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #18
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bub64882 View Post
Yes, nostalgia says that back in Vanilla warcraft, you had to use trade chat to put a group together, and it took time, so people were invested in finishing the content.

But Bungie built an "MMO-Lite" and then didn't put any fucking chat tools in. FORCING console players to interwebs to put together raid groups was incredibly short sighted and just DUMB. It guaranteed that a good portion of the player base would never see the raids, or get the loot that made other end game content like Nightmare difficulty strikes even possible.

Just one more example of how they failed at basic architecture of their game. I really hope they learned a lot, because my son has begged and bartered me into pre-ordering 2. :/
I did nightmare strikes without raid gear. Granted it is a lot easier to get 2 RL friends together than 5 need to raid than 2 for a strike. I didn't know 6 people that played on PS4. Half the people I knew who played destiny were on X box.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #19
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bub64882 View Post
I am a gamer and I care about story.

Should a game have good gameplay? Duh. Like a film should have good cinematography and acting. But good acting with a shit story is not a good movie.
yup, gamers play different genres as well. Saying RPG gamers don't like stories is kinda dumb IMO.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:25 PM   #20
SouljaOfChrist
Lord

just dropped in to say... "Ha, heard that before..."

Tags
activision, bungie, destiny 2