Metro Exodus goes gold,...
Last post by alienchild
Today 04:12 AM
7 Replies, 615 Views

Old 03-28-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

PlayStation Plus: Free Games for April

Sony has announced the PlayStation Plus free games for April.

Quote:
Itís PlayStation Plus time! Here are the free games coming to PlayStation Plus members in April 2018.

First stop: Mad Max for PS4! Developed by Avalanche Studios, you star as the iconic lone warrior surviving a hostile Wasteland. Max Rockatanskyís dangerous journey begins after a gang steals his legendary Interceptor. Combining open-world vehicle combat with bone-crunching battles, Mad Max will keep you fully immersed as you fight to get your Interceptor back and make it to the Plains of Silence.

Racing fans will appreciate TrackMania Turbo, a polished PS4 arcade racing game where your goal is to achieve the perfect racing time. You can hone your skills with 200 pre-built tracks, then create and share your own custom tracks to make the competition last forever.

This monthís PlayStation Plus lineup also includes:
  • In Space we Brawl, PS3
  • Toy Home, PS3
  • 99 Vidas, PS Vita
  • Q*Bert Rebooted, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS3 and PS4)
Of course, with PlayStation Plus you get a bunch of other benefits: exclusive discounts, online multiplayer, cloud saves, Share Play support and more.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:27 PM   #2
t3kl3r
Evil Dead

Ahhhh, man. Another month where the games I’m interested in, I already own.

I REALLY enjoyed Mad Max though. I was hoping for a potential sequel or at least some DLC. I still doubt that will ever happen, but getting it into more people’s hands could help.
t3kl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Picked up Mad Max for Xbox during BF for about $5, and barely played it. Nothing exciting here for me.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
Grandpappy
Evil Dead

I really enjoyed Mad Max when I played it on the PC. It was one of the few games in recent history that gave me the "that's messed up" feeling, in regards to a plot moment.
Grandpappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:38 AM   #5
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I was prepared to hate the Mad Max game yet found it one of the best of the year. Really tight gameplay, beautiful environments almost overwhelming in size, and the tech itself is so well polished I couldn't find a single fault. From my experience open world games tend to be very glitchy. Maybe Bethesda put that sour taste in my mouth. But Avalanche's engine is the most reliable thing I've seen.
That said, the gameplay does get repetitive and the ending sucked. Once you finally win the Interceptor back you will already have built a much more effective vehicle. Plus you can't bring the sidekick guy with you and it doesn't have the awesome harpoon gun. The dog you rescue is little more than a mine sensor and the lack of motorcycles is distracting. At least they did poke fun at it in one of the photo pickups you can find. Also there is no glass anywhere in the game. No windshields to smash. Strange.
I was saddened they didn't follow through with DLC and if a sequel happens it will likely come from another studio whenever George Miller decides to film the next movie.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
playstation plus, ps plus, ps vita, ps3, ps4, sony