Yesterday 08:22 AM
12 Replies, 626 Views

Old 04-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Saints Row: The Third Remastered Announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC

Quote:
Be More Saints! Saints Row: The Third Remastered Announced for May 22

Nine years after its original release, Deep Silver today announced that Saints Row: The Third has been completely remastered and will release on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and PC on 22 May 22.

Every weapon has been remodelled, every car has been redesigned and a vast proportion of the city has been retextured; Saints Row The Third has received a full makeover. With around 4,000 assets reworked, the complete update has been expertly handled by Sperasoft. It has transformed environments, character models and visual effects, enhanced graphics and incorporated a new lighting engine.

In addition, all three expansion mission packs and more than 30 pieces of DLC from the original version have been remastered and are included in the package for hours of additional gleeful gameplay. The remastered edition will inspire new gamers and original fans to revisit the reworked city of Steelport and revel in the glorious world of the Saints.

About Saints Row: The Third Remastered

Saints Row: The Third Remastered gives you control of the Saints at the height of their power, and you live the life to show for it. This is your City. These are your rules. Remastered with enhanced graphics, Steelport the original city of sin, has never looked so good as it drowns in sex, drugs and guns.

Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobblehead dolls all available at a store near you. The Saints are kings of Stilwater, but their celebrity status has not gone unnoticed. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute.

Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to Steelport, a once-proud metropolis reduced to a struggling city of sin under Syndicate control. Take a tank skydiving, call in a satellite-targeted airstrike on a Mexican wrestling gang, and fight against a highly-trained military force by your lonesome in the most outlandish gameplay scenarios ever seen.

Key Features

• The Full Package, Remastered – With enhanced graphics, improved lighting, reworked environments, and visual effects, Steelport and The Third Street Saints have never looked so good.

• City of Sin – Disrupt and dismantle the Syndicate stranglehold on weapons, cybercrime, and criminal rackets. Discover the secrets of Steelport, where there is action on every street corner, for better or, more likely, worse.

• Weapons of Crass Destruction – It’s one thing to defeat your enemies. It’s another to humiliate them. Hover jets, human cannonball cars and outrageous melee weapons are all part of the fun.

• Crazy Character Customization – Create the most outlandish characters ever seen, from washed-up celebrities to mask-less ninja pirates. Inside every sinner, there is a Saint. Who will you become?

• Over The Top Co-op – Fly solo or play online with a homie. Give freefall skydiving a try, landing in your partner’s flaming pickup as you make a desperate run toward a heavily armed Syndicate base. Steelport is always more fun with a friend.

• All Downloadable Content Included – All three expansion packs and more than 30 pieces of downloadable content from the original version are included in this massive Saints package, all for the low MSRP of $39.99.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:50 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 02:20 PM   #3
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

How many fucking releases are they going to do of this game?
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 02:59 PM   #4
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Should have stopped at 3, 4 wasn't as fun a game with how far out of reality they took it. SR jumped the shark.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:42 AM   #5
NightRain
Evil Dead

I have a feeling we'll see more remasters during this pandemic as I think they'll be able to be done better with smaller teams working remotely as so many assets and design choices already exist

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:02 PM   #6
thatlukeguy
Evil Dead

The main thing I hated about the game (and truth be told, I had a lot of fun playing it with my buddy) was that it was in perpetual night. I understand that it was due to the setting but it got old fast. Once it started to get depressing, we just stopped playing it.
thatlukeguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:21 AM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

My favorite SR will always be the first; it took itself just as seriously as GTA did at the time (just enough to keep things relatively grounded, while still pretty over-the-top), and was the best GTA-like game we had during the wait for GTA4.

They upped the zaniness with SR2, and never looked back. Haven't really enjoyed any of the games since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
How many fucking releases are they going to do of this game?
How many devices with an OS and screen are there?

They won't stop until you can play it on your smartfridge.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:04 AM   #8
blackzc
Evil Dead

GTA Jank.

I played one of these games years ago. I did how fast everything was, but like GTA its just toxic cancer.

I hope Rockstar makes a game one day that doesn't only appeal to 13 year olds and big adult boys like spec

I did play through the story on GTAV, but over the years 90% of that was doing the open everything cheat code and then just goofing off in the world. I will have to buy GTA6 though. Me and my little brother that i lost long ago used to play GTA SA together. Its my way of visiting him again.

Tags
saints row 3