16 Replies, 1,278 Views
Assassin's Creed Odyssey...
Last post by LostToys
Yesterday 09:03 PM
4 Replies, 356 Views

Old 03-17-2015, 06:14 PM   #21
Terran
Evil Dead

But can I ride the hell out of it, down the road, tearing up a storm, with the wind whistling through my hair? CAN I????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:17 PM   #22
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

My 660 Ti still runs all the PC games I throw at it just fine in 1920x1080 and I have no interest in higher res. 1080p is high enough. Nothing a little bit of AA can't fix in case of a jaggy.

I'm running it on a gaming PC from 2008 which still has a 3GHz Core 2 Quad. At the rate I game on PC, I'll still be using this 7 years from now. I did upgrade to a Soundblaster Z and SSD though.

I used this system so long now that last year my power supply blew and took out my SSD and my 3TB drive. Got the drive repaired with a circuit board replacement with no data loss, but the SSD is still toast and I had to buy a new Intel one with special power loss tech so it won't brick as easily. Three years worth of documents and e-mail down the drain though because of my poor backup hygiene.

Literally cannot believe my ASUS Rampage motherboard is going strong 7 years later. I'm going to use it until a cap explodes I think.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #23
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

11.5 GB right?
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #24
92miata
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
My 660 Ti still runs all the PC games I throw at it just fine in 1920x1080 and I have no interest in higher res. 1080p is high enough. Nothing a little bit of AA can't fix in case of a jaggy.

I'm running it on a gaming PC from 2008 which still has a 3GHz Core 2 Quad. At the rate I game on PC, I'll still be using this 7 years from now. I did upgrade to a Soundblaster Z and SSD though.

I used this system so long now that last year my power supply blew and took out my SSD and my 3TB drive. Got the drive repaired with a circuit board replacement with no data loss, but the SSD is still toast and I had to buy a new Intel one with special power loss tech so it won't brick as easily. Three years worth of documents and e-mail down the drain though because of my poor backup hygiene.

Literally cannot believe my ASUS Rampage motherboard is going strong 7 years later. I'm going to use it until a cap explodes I think.
That is you though man. I have 3 4k 55's so I need something faster than my 660's sli. What you need is not what everybody needs I learned this the hard way.....
92miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:41 PM   #25
Viredae
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
But can I ride the hell out of it, down the road, tearing up a storm, with the wind whistling through my hair? CAN I????
Well, seeing how it apparently sounds like a mini jet engine taking off in your room, maybe?
Viredae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:35 AM   #26
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92miata View Post
I have 3 4k 55's
Dafuq? That's almost 25 million pixels.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:04 AM   #27
defiant
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
I went through their website and my dream PC would cost $11.5K. Of course, I'd need a $2000 4K HDTV to go with it, so once you add tax it comes out to around $15K. Then I could. . . well, yeah.

This is what happens when the technology gets stronger but more expensive instead of cheaper. Until there is a card that is as powerful as these 4 with SLI that can be bought for $200, the economics do not support 4K gaming.
Uh wot?! You don't need 4 Titans to output acceptable frames at 4K.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/...card_preview/3

And the price premium is directly attributable to the Titan not having any direct competitors, if AMD actually pulls its thumb out its arse and delivers a card which outperforms the Titan then watch how quickly Nvidia cuts prices and starts pumping out 8gb versions for around $550.
defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:06 AM   #28
defiant
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
This card makes no sense until a proper 4K gaming display is released.
Soon...

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_arc...m#acer_xr341ck
Old 03-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #29
defiant
Evil Dead

Forgot to mention that there is in fact a 4K gaming monitor already available, its just limited to 60hz:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8910/a...monitor-review
Old 03-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #30
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant View Post
...if AMD actually pulls its thumb out its arse and delivers a card
If they use that thumb to deliver the card, I'm not accepting delivery. That's disgusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:39 AM   #31
defiant
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
If they use that thumb to deliver the card, I'm not accepting delivery. That's disgusting.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:09 AM   #32
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant View Post
Forgot to mention that there is in fact a 4K gaming monitor already available, its just limited to 60hz:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8910/a...monitor-review
Even with the Titan X, users need 2 GPUs to topple 60 fps at 4K, so that refresh isn't an issue especially with GSYNC. High refresh monitors are still a rarity and only worthwhile when your machine simply crushes games with the horsepower to hit 144 fps. Once that happens, a user should immediately get more pixels. Then they'll need more horse power to push those pixels ...

See how this circle works?

This video is just about perfect on the subject and accurately describes the "DVD problem." When getting a superior piece of technology, most users are disappointed initially that they don't feel any sucking. It isn't until you try to go back, such as the situation faced those watching an old VHS tape after their first DVD player, that the realization sinks in. This was a common situation in the 90s, when both mediums were still in use simultaneously and can be applied to most advances in display technology.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #33
Venkman
Evil Dead

Apparently the Unreal Engine Kite demo was running on this card. Unreal is making everything totally free - as in no licensing - for films rendered with Unreal 4.0.

That card has many uses beyond gaming. People who need CUDA rendering are going to be all over that. Octane is going to love the 12 GB of memory on there. Sweet Jesus.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #34
Anemone
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post

That card has many uses beyond gaming. People who need CUDA rendering are going to be all over that. Octane is going to love the 12 GB of memory on there. Sweet Jesus.
But the loss of double-precision will cut out most scientific uses, unforuntately.

Tags
boner, nvidia, origin pc, wood