19 Replies, 1,133 Views
» Promotion

Old 02-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Nintedo Switch: Leaked Developer Documents Seemingly Reveal Specs and More

IGN has the story.

Quote:
The console's CPU appears to be a quad-core ARM Cortex-A57, with a maximum speed of 2GHz, while the GPU is a Maxwell-based Nvidia chip (so not Nvidia's new Pascal architecture), featuring 256 CUDA cores, a 1GHz maximum speed and one teraflop of processing power (this lines up with a Digital Foundry report from last year, incidentally).

The console apparently also features 4GB of RAM, shared with VRAM. The maximum size of Switch cartridge is seemingly 32GB.

It's worth bearing in mind that these specs are seemingly for a Switch that was itself in development - even if the documents are true, there remains the chance that upgrades or different decisions have been made since.
Read on.

Update: Click on the headline for more Nintendo Switch news.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Old 02-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Anemone
Evil Dead

Specs leaked! Oh no, it's not as powerful as Sony/MS, AGAIN. Just like everyone expected. What a surprise!

Cue Spectral in here to ream Nintendo a new asshole just like the last thousand times.

And you're still going to buy it! I am too!
Old 02-15-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Destructoid: Is Nintendo hinting at a GameCube VC on Switch, or just more remakes?

Quote:
Speaking to French outlet Melty, Nintendo producer Yoshiaki Koizumi confirmed that they are working on something related to a GameCube Virtual Console. Specifically, he said: "We cannot give a concrete answer, because we have nothing to announce at the moment. But there’s something I can tell you: we are working on some things along those lines."

Now, that doesn't necessarily confirm that there will be a VC for GameCube, but "some things along those lines" could very well imply cherry-picked re-releases for games like Super Mario Sunshine. Naturally, that means more $50-$60 pricepoints than say, what's on the Virtual Console. Nintendo needs to make a new category if they do go VC, and we can probably expect it to be pricier than the Nintendo 64 baseline of $9.99.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #5
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

IGN: 61 Games Confirmed for Nintendo Switch

Old 02-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #6
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Specs leaked! Oh no, it's not as powerful as Sony/MS, AGAIN. Just like everyone expected. What a surprise!
Though we knew it, it is kind of embarrassing that Nintendo has two systems within the same generation that are weaker than the competition.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
screwyluie
Evil Dead

the competition didn't put theirs in a handheld tablet. While that might not be a selling point for you it's still pretty f'ing impressive.

and as for the GC news... I didn't buy the gamecube because it's not a good system. The uprising of the modders and cult following doesn't change that. Not a single game on the GC I want to play, or a remake I would buy. The GC needs to die.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
the competition didn't put theirs in a handheld tablet. While that might not be a selling point for you it's still pretty f'ing impressive.
The competition made living room consoles. Nintendo is trying to do both in their ever continuing attempt to offer play experiences rather than a strong machine. It's almost brave but since they're so adamant this is not a 3DS replacement and is a living room box firstly, you have to judge them for their inability to win even with a second bite of the apple.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #9
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yeah, good luck with that. It's already NES Classic all over again.

And I "still" bought it with the Wii and Wii U. Not this time. Not when they still haven't added achievement/trophy type system.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:47 PM   #10
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I bought an 8TB PS4 external hard drive with the money instead! In prep for FW 4.50. I will be the first in the world (probably) with a total 12TB PS4 Pro.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #11
Anemone
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I bought a NES classic.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:40 PM   #12
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
I bought an 8TB PS4 external hard drive with the money instead! In prep for FW 4.50. I will be the first in the world (probably) with a total 12TB PS4 Pro.
Nice! I just bought two 5TB hard drives, one for XB1 and one for PS4 Pro. That was a major problem for with with the PS4, having to decide what to delete every time I bought a new game. And my 3TB HDD on the Xbox was almost full.

Anyways, I am sort of disappointed with the specs of the Switch, but it makes sense because the price point is so low. I'm still going to buy one asap. Can't wait to order a Switch and Scorpio, I love new hardware!
Old 02-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #13
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
I bought a Switch without any issues. They're also not intending it to be a limited run item, either.

Quote:
And I "still" bought it with the Wii and Wii U. Not this time. Not when they still haven't added achievement/trophy type system.
Oh, Christ. You and your cheevos.

I'm going to buy two Switches just because of how adamant you are about your useless achievements.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #14
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I bought a Switch without any issues. They're also not intending it to be a limited run item, either.

Oh, Christ. You and your cheevos.

I'm going to buy two Switches just because of how adamant you are about your useless achievements.
Dude, I LOVE achievements. I also with Nintendo had a version of them. They don't make or break a game, but I like having a game on top of a game. After beating a game they have given me reasons to keep playing. I've had competitions with friends on who can get the most in a certain game...which I usually lose, but it's still a fun thing to have!
Old 02-15-2017, 07:24 PM   #15
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Dude, I LOVE achievements. I also with Nintendo had a version of them. They don't make or break a game, but I like having a game on top of a game. After beating a game they have given me reasons to keep playing. I've had competitions with friends on who can get the most in a certain game...which I usually lose, but it's still a fun thing to have!
Here's the thing; I don't actually mind Achievements. They're fine. They're not, however, necessary and I don't miss them when they're not around.

Avoiding a console because it doesn't have achievements is absolutely the most ludicrous reason possible.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #16
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Though we knew it, it is kind of embarrassing that Nintendo has two systems within the same generation that are weaker than the competition.
And I fear it will always be this way going forward with Nintendo. How can developers be expected to get behind it if they can't count on decent performance? More than that, if Nintendo won't go all in on a unit and position it as a system they must sell software to be successful at, then why would publishers and developers?

Nintendo must come back with a powerful base station, maybe based on ryzen. Show the industry that they TRULY want the developers onboard by committing themselves.

I don't know if I can see it as a"different kind of toy" compared to other consoles anymore. Sure, this thing is different, but people still need games.

It's always about the games.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:51 PM   #17
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Don't worry Nintendo will add them next generation.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:19 AM   #18
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
You are awesome. I think I'm in love. LOL
Old 02-16-2017, 03:24 AM   #19
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:

Cue Spectral in here to ream Nintendo a new asshole just like the last thousand times.

Haven't owned anything nintendo since the N64. That isn't going to change. I don't need to ream anything. People with a single critical thought knew the switch would be an underpowered piece of shit. But hey enjoy your 300 dollar paperweight. I'll be over here playing PC titles not aimed at 6 year olds.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:11 AM   #20
Chief Smash
Enjoyed the Prequels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Haven't owned anything nintendo since the N64. That isn't going to change. I don't need to ream anything. People with a single critical thought knew the switch would be an underpowered piece of shit. But hey enjoy your 300 dollar paperweight. I'll be over here playing PC titles not aimed at 6 year olds.
I like how you started out being reasonable but by the end of the post you start frothing at the mouth again.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo, nintendo switch