James Gunn Fired as...
Last post by Butters66
Today 06:06 AM
53 Replies, 1,921 Views

Old 07-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Pure Evil - Fortnite All Nighter

Since my Heroes of the Storm account got handed a 7-day ban for using the word "Moron", I have decided to bail out on Heroes for a while and switch back to Fortnite.

I'm really just looking for games to eat up time that have a lot of items to unlock and Fortnite has tons of weapons, traps and heroes for you to unlock. After only a couple of days of play, I got three or four new epic heroes including a Metal Guy, a girl with a Pirate flag shirt and one of the two single-player Super Heroes (it seems like there are more super heroes in multiplayer, but single player is limited to two models).

I also unlocked a couple of the 4th of July heroes, but I haven't played much with them.

I'm sticking with the Save the World mode for now, the Battle Royale mode is just too slow paced for me. You either get killed the second you hit the ground, or you end up running around for 10-minutes before you ever encounter another player. It's little 1v1 matches just don't suit someone like me who prefers big team battles and games with vehicles.

I did have a big laugh over Epic's time-limited buildling mode. All the sudden all these big Fortnite streamers discovered that the could make castles, and versions of Nuke Town and Pirate Ships and other cool buildings... Um, Hello, Morons... you have always been able to build all that stuff in the Save the World mode and it even saves your base from game to game and you can invite your friends to defend your base from waves of zombies -- and since Fortnite's Zombies always attack your main base or one of the sub stations, you just doing all your costmetic building somewhere other than the main base and it never gets damaged in an attack. I just laugh because all these leeches playing for free didn't even realize that this mode was in the game all along. Hopefully, it will encourage more people to try out the Save the World mode.

Word today is that Digital Extreme's Warframe is getting a MASSIVE update. I always loved the artwork in that game, but when it first launched you couldn't make any progress without paying real cash. I have heard that they have mostly fixed that issue and now you can grind your way to gear. I'm certainly willing to give it another shot, it's co-op, has great art and lots of items and gear to unlock. What isn't there to love?
Old 07-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I can't get back into the Save the World mode of Fortnite. Haven't since the 2nd round of beta when they added all collections and stuff.

It seems like between clicking through all the collection tabs, micro managing inventory, and all the overhead of just dealing with the UI and the base crap you can spend 3 hours doing make-work before even getting into an actual map to play.

Real bummer because the core game loop is really fun.

I wish I liked the look of the Warframes better in Warframe. Most of them are too outlandish for me to really like though the gameplay is pretty cool. The first time I saw Destiny I was like "Oh, so it is sort of like Warframe."
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Warframe is an AMAZING game for what you pay. It's beautiful, very customizable and the characters designs are inspired.

My 18 year old plays that game religiously.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:45 PM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I've been inspired to jump back into Fortnite for a bit and see if they've gotten rid of some of the rough edges. I hear the they've finally gotten in some of the QoL issues past one of the more obstinate designers so maybe it will be fun.

It's funny to log in nearly a year later and see I still have Founder shit still to claim... ah well.

As a note, if you haven't done so recently make sure to secure your Epic account. Since they launched they've implemented two-factor auth. Definitely a good thing to take advantage of now that Fortnite is one of the most popular games in the western world.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:50 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Now that the limit on resources is higher, I may finally go back and do my base upgrades for the Starter base. It was getting to be too much hassle to have to keep jumping into missions over and over for resources. Nuts and bolts are still a bit on the grindy side to get though and you need them for everything.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

The UI game is still as big a pain in the ass as I remember. Collections, all the damn exclamation marks everywhere, transforming this and that, survivors, squads, expeditions.

I just want to play the game but there's all this extra bullshit bolted on that seems completely unnecessary and just stops me from getting into the game.

I have 13 PAGES of quests for zone I'm in and there's a shit-ton of event quests too?

Seems pretty overwhelming.

On the brightside you can sprint forever, you can craft ammo without going into the inventory, you have a hoverboard; lots of little things which make the gameplay better. But outside the match in Save the World mode is still a big pile of shit.

They could at least have added a "mark all as read" so I could get rid of all the damn exclamation marks.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #7
blackzc
Evil Dead

I hope these F2P Battle Royal games force Nintendo to spend some money on their games. They have been cheap feeling as hell lately.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:46 PM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
The UI game is still as big a pain in the ass as I remember. Collections, all the damn exclamation marks everywhere, transforming this and that, survivors, squads, expeditions.

I just want to play the game but there's all this extra bullshit bolted on that seems completely unnecessary and just stops me from getting into the game.
I mostly ignore all that other stuff. You can use it to buff your character, but it isn't something you need to obsess over. I usually let the XP for Survivors and Weapons pool up for a while, then spend it all at once.