Today 11:30 AM
2 Replies, 298 Views

Old 07-08-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Anthem E3 2018 Full Gameplay Walkthrough

Quote:
Full Anthem E3 Gameplay Demo Video

We had a blast showing off the incredible traversal and combat of Anthem at our E3 showcase. And we’ve been so honored to see the players’ response to the game, along with the five nominations from the Game Critics Awards for the Best of E3 2018. It was a huge year for games, and we could not be more excited for Anthem to take home the awards for Best PC Game and Best Action Game!

Of course, these awards make it even more important that we share the full gameplay demo with the rest of the world. With that said, check out the full gameplay walkthrough as Lead Producer Ben Irving takes us along as a team of four Freelancers complete the mission “Scars & Villainy” and take on a terrifying Swarm Tyrant.

Keep your eyes open for more as we’re ramping up to Anthem’s release. Make sure to not miss any of it by signing up for the Anthem newsletter for all the latest Anthem news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.

Anthem launches February 22, 2019 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Early Access begins on February 15 for Origin Access and EA Access members.
ea.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
brandonjclark
Subscriber

This is a pretty impressive frigging game.

I guess I'll be upgrading to Origin Access Premium Edition with this and Madden 19 coming to PC.

It's a great time to be a gamer.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:05 AM   #3
Juan
Evil Dead

Looks like what it is, a soulless ripoff of someone else's ideas.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #4
Meeks
Evil Dead

They've got my attention. Now let's see if it's actually, you know, fun.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Looks like what it is, a soulless ripoff of someone else's ideas.
Looks good enough to me. I mean, it looks just like a Destiny clone, but since Destiny never comes with much in the way of content it will probably be a good time.

I just hope it isn't like Destiny/Destiny 2 and only has like 3 areas and 4 enemies.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:54 AM   #6
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Sorry guys, but we got another Titanfall on our hands here. Generic sci-fi shooter that will get decent reviews, but fail in the sales department.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #7
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
Sorry guys, but we got another Titanfall on our hands here. Generic sci-fi shooter that will get decent reviews, but fail in the sales department.
That's what I thought too. If people didn't like the original agile-mech shooter, why would they want this new one? I have to say that "Anthem" does look good, but the MMOG influences are way too much for me, what with the endless amount of enemies and numbers flying out of them for minutes...
Old 07-09-2018, 10:05 AM   #8
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
That's what I thought too. If people didn't like the original agile-mech shooter, why would they want this new one? I have to say that "Anthem" does look good, but the MMOG influences are way too much for me, what with the endless amount of enemies and numbers flying out of them for minutes...

I have to admit that the damage indicators were a bit ridiculous. But overall this looks like a fun game.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #9
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

I don't have much faith in EA anymore. This looks good. I just need to know more. Like how much content , how progression works, do I have to do 2- 3 hour raids, how much repeating content do I need to do?.

Somebody will make a great shooter MMO. Destiny proved the market wants that. Not sure if this is the WoW of shooters but it is worth keeping an eye on.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #10
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I have to admit that the damage indicators were a bit ridiculous. But overall this looks like a fun game.
Does that really matter that's something easily turned off. It's like worrying about the windshield wipers on a car. Why?

Anyway, no point in hmming and hawing we'll all end up playing it so pointless to criticize it.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #11
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

It'll come down to content, if they have more content than Destiny 2 and something to actually do beyond repetitive world events/boss spawns they'll be ok. It's gonna come down to content and end game.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:58 PM   #12
actusoul
Evil Dead

I will stick to the next battlefield game.

Why 3rd person perspective? I thought this game was supposed to be revolutionary or a new take on gaming. I saw nothing special to back up the hype....
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #13
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
So, you really think Titanfall & Anthem are even remotely the same gameplay wise?
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:26 PM   #14
EGO
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post

Why 3rd person perspective? I thought this game was supposed to be revolutionary or a new take on gaming. I saw nothing special to back up the hype....
Pretty sure it's just people like you saying it's "supposed to revolutionary" or "a new take on gaming". I'm pretty sure the dev team just talks about what it is, not hyperbolic statements like, "IT'S TEH R3V3LUSHUN!!!!"
Old 07-09-2018, 05:38 PM   #15
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post

FFS, do I have to do everything around here?

I told all of you goons that in the future we'd be paying Publishers directly for massive game library access. At the time I called it Games as a Service, or GaaS.

Well, Origin came out with Access, with a Vault of games nearly 100 large (mostly trash). But for only 100$ $30 annually or whatever I paid, I get access to all of those games, and the list isn't small.

But SOON they will be releasing Origin Access Premier (GaaS), which will grant you access to the latest games, not just Vault stuff.

CHECK IT OUT!

Madden 19 is coming to PC, THANK GOD!
Old 07-10-2018, 02:35 AM   #16
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
So, you really think Titanfall & Anthem are even remotely the same gameplay wise?
I have no idea, because I've played neither (only watched videos), but this was strictly about commercial success, not gameplay.

What the mainstream customer sees here is a big new multiplayer-heavy IP from Electronic Arts, featuring agile (flying/wall-running/get-in-and-out) mechs*. I hope we can agree that, marketing-wise, this bears more than a fleeting resemblance to "Titanfall". From what I heard, "Titanfall 2" was an excellent game all around, yet it sold worse** than the first game, despite being multi-platform.

*) Yeah, I know that the soldiers did the wall-running in Titanfall. Let's not get too technical.

**) "worse" or "bad" being relative terms, of course. Some other publishers would still kill for those numbers.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:57 AM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I don’t see this as much like Titanfall, Titanfall was a game that couldn’t decide if it was Call of Duty or a mech combat game and it was released only on the Xbone at a time when the PS4 was the dominant platform. That just screams failure. It couldn’t decide what it was or who to sell it to. Titanfall 2 has mostly the same problem, you spend 80%or more of the game outside your mech.

This title seems much more focused on your mech and they are going to let you customize it with skins and ornaments. I am optimistic about everything except the normal gouging EA will do for skins and weapons. The producer already said the game has a cash-only Premium Currency.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:56 AM   #18
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter

Is this game free to play?
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #19
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I don’t see this as much like Titanfall, Titanfall was a game that couldn’t decide if it was Call of Duty or a mech combat game and it was released only on the Xbone at a time when the PS4 was the dominant platform. That just screams failure. It couldn’t decide what it was or who to sell it to. Titanfall 2 has mostly the same problem, you spend 80%or more of the game outside your mech.
You need to play TF2 more if you've even played it at all. Even after being out for the past year & a half, it's still the best PvP game on the market imo. You just have to learn the ebb & flow of it & "git gud". Once you do the game plays more like a non-stop highlight reel. The balance between playing as a Pilot & then piloting your Titan couldn't be better.

You're right as far as sales go though. It was terrible timing on EA's part on TF2's release date. It just amazes the hell out of me that people (or maybe it's children) would rather play this...

Than this...

But you know... grocery karts bro.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:36 PM   #20
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I found that incredibly boring to watch and listen to.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem