25 Replies, 1,892 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Adds Vaulting And Climbing To Test Servers Soon

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
While there may only be 11 weeks remaining in 2017, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is still slated to release in full for PC and in Xbox One's Game Preview program by the end of this year. Today, developer Bluehole shared an update that gives fans a rough outline of its development plans heading toward launch.

In a post on the Steam forums, Bluehole offered more details about the new features it is readying to add to the enormously popular battle royale game when it releases on PC and in Game Preview. In addition to a brand-new desert map, the developer is currently working on adding climbing and vaulting. However, as those two features will have a significant impact on the gameplay, Bluehole says they need to be tested "for at least a month" before they go live.

"The content and features that will be in test servers need to be tested for at least 2 to 4 weeks," Bluehole said. "It will be very difficult for us to provide a stable service if we rush updates to live servers after short bursts of testing. As we would like to go through rigorous testing to prepare for official launch, we will not be updating new content to live servers and run test servers for a longer period of time instead."

Bluehole says players will be able to try out the vaulting and climbing mechanics "in late October or early November."
Read on.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:18 PM   #2
VideoMike101
Lord

I hope Fortnite steals their entire playerbase.
VideoMike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:22 PM   #3
LostToys
Evil Dead

It never will. The games are completely different. Would be like asking Overwatch to take over the Call of Duty playerbase. Fortnite lacks the learning curve and "real world" feel for Battlegrounds.

As for this patch, great news. This should have really been in the game from the beginning. There is nothing like being stuck behind a wall that has a chest size hole in it unless you are running at just the right speed and angle.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #4
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
It never will. The games are completely different. Would be like asking Overwatch to take over the Call of Duty playerbase. Fortnite lacks the learning curve and "real world" feel for Battlegrounds.

As for this patch, great news. This should have really been in the game from the beginning. There is nothing like being stuck behind a wall that has a chest size hole in it unless you are running at just the right speed and angle.
Over a year for a new map that is a barren wasteland and vaulting. My god this better be the best parkour ever.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #5
VideoMike101
Lord

Does more realism make for better gameplay?
VideoMike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:36 PM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoMike101 View Post
Does more realism make for better gameplay?
That's subjective. To me? Always. Others have different taste however. I think it also obviously depends on what the aim of the particular title is.

Personally I'll take realistic visuals regardless of title or genre.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:52 AM   #7
ministryofwrath
Soul Reaper

I believe realism is fun as long as it doesn't encumber the fun.

I believe this game has been striking a decent half way mark of realism, however, they need to fix the "knocked out" or "downed" system.

I've snipped a enemy team member 3 times in the head....and 3 times he has been revived, that needs to be addressed.

make a over damage system, so if the damage is too great or fatal the enemy will not be downed, but die.

Minimally they need to add a 5 minuet buffer, so after you've been revived once you can't be revived again for 5 minuets.

100% add the necessity of a medical kit to revive a fallen team member.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #8
timmyd
Evil Dead

I like the game and realize the balancing act. However....

Shooting an unprotected head at 30ft with a .45 should not result in merely a grunt. Sometimes, not very often, because of tactical skill I get a good situation and land the first shot. Only to have the person turn around and spray me to death.

Then there's all the weapon upgrades, which forums assure me is the key to victory. You can't just slap a scope of any kind on any gun and just have it work. While that's a serious affront to realism, I'll just deal with it cause it's a game.

I know that gameplay, realism, netcode and one shot kills don't go together. But throw the somewhat casual not so serious player a bone, ok?
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battlegrounds, bluehole, playerunknown's