Old 09-13-2018, 06:45 AM   #21
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

He played a great Superman, everything else but wonderwoman was shit
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:13 AM   #22
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Part of me wishes Feige would take this as an opportunity to line Cavill up to play Hyperion.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:46 AM   #23
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I liked them better than the Marvel movies, but then again I have always like DC over Marvel even growing up. Marvel is too childish and silly.
Quality wise the Marvel movies have been better. This includes writing, acting and dam near everything else. Who can forget "Marthaaaaa" in Batman V Superman. Terrible. Suicide Squad didn't have a serious tone, most of it was childish. Justice League as well with its cornball Batman humor. Now when it comes to the actual comics, I don't have a preference. I read both, take a look at Immortal Hulk by Al Ewing. It's dark. The new venom run and punisher runs as well.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:41 AM   #24
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

-Man of Steel - Loved it. The bit when his Father lifted his hand was emotional.
-B vs S - Not bad, not great. The uncut version was cool while serious. The bit in the warehouse was fantastic.
-Suicide Squad - Forgettable
-Justice League - Thoroughly enjoyed it. Fun.
-Wonder Woman - Boring. Boring, boring and boring.

Last edited by excalibur1814; 09-14-2018 at 03:27 AM..
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:01 PM   #25
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

I thought Man of Steel and BVS were good. Wonder Woman was okay. Justice League wasn't a film I was a fan of.

I think they should reboot it, given all the issues.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:02 AM   #26
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I thought he did a damn fine job as Superman given the character Snyder gave to him. The fact he was forced at the end of Man of Steel to break the ONE moral code Superman would never break (and lets face it, there were plenty of other options but Snyder had 3 plotlines centered around a dead Zod) wasn't the actors fault.

Man of Steel was exceptional until that moment, IMO and, as someone mentioned, the fact he didn't save his father might be one of the most poignant and well acted comic book moments out of all Marvel and DC movies of this run.

Wonder Woman with Gal Gadot is a pretty good run and Wonder Woman was, again with a flawed ending, a great movie. I think Affleck does a good job showing a Human Batman that knows he can't compete with his super powered friends but tries anyway.

I'd like to forget BvS but I can't forgive or forget that one. I think after that and Suicide Squad Snyder should have been given some walking papers or at least had someone put in to vet his vision. He has nowhere near the vision that Feige has shown with the Marvel Universe.

I am looking forward to Aqua-Bro this Christmas time. Looking forward to Wonder Woman 2. I had the good fortune to get to know Zach Levi a little around the convention circuit. I am luke-warm on Shazam but I usually go all out to support Zach Levi. He's a big gamer and we crossed paths a bunch when he was doing the Comic-cons and stuff for Chuck while I was doing the events for games I was working on.

I am disappointed they are going with a Supergirl movie. I guess the demographics and ratings for the TV show are good enough they've decided that's a good one to shoot for, or maybe they figure Wonder Woman was such a big hit maybe the female heroes are where the money is at but I wish they would explore characters that don't have a TV show.

Especially not one that is so blatantly SJW as Supergirl has turned out to be. I mean in the last season of the show they hit three items right off the bat:
1) LGBT is bad and they will be rounded up and never accepted
2) America hates immigrants and will round them up and throw them out if they can
3) Guns are so bad even their main task force that takes on global extinction level threats to earth will no longer use lethal weapons cause, well they kill stuff! And killing sucks!

Good lord!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:49 AM   #27
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Superman a fun character?? Wow. Dude. It's called the Fortress of Solitude for a REASON. Superman is probably even more tortured and conflicted than Batman. DC has always been darker than Marvel. Leave the fun crap to Marvel. DC is dark which is why I vastly prefer it. That and there's no Stan Lee, thank goodness.

Cavill was the best Superman yet, by far.
Damn dude, I thought I was the only one around here. I could've written every word of your post. If this actually turns out to be true I will not be a happy camper.

But nothing I've read or seen actually confirms this is true. WB didn't confirm it, Cavill and his agent didn't confirm it, it all is based on "anonymous sources" from The Hollywood Reporter. You'd think if this was real WB and everyone involved would confirm it. So that means they are still negotiating Cavill's contract. Rumor has been that WB and Cavill are having trouble agreeing on a contract.

I personally hate JL by the way, that film was ruined, not by the actors but by the suits and a cgi upper lip. I bought it for some reason, I suppose to own the conclusion of the story arc, but I can't bring myself to watch it again. It's gross.

I'm used to being in the minority on these things, in fact I enjoy it. I like what speaks to me and don't care what the masses think. Man of Steel and BvS (Ultimate Edition) are two of my favorite films. They bring so much emotion and weight to the characters and stories, in ways that the Marvel films haven't even begun to approach, and they really connected with me. They also look amazing in 4K. If Cavill is out, I feel that I have hit my superhero movie peak. I'm 37, probably about halfway done here, so makes sense I suppose. If it's true I will be skeptical of the future DC films, although I will always be a DC comics fan. I have endless boxes of comics from throughout the years, and since I was a child Superman has always been my favorite.

We'll see what happens, but if true I think I will be looking forward to what Cavill and Snyder do in the future more than I will future Superman films. I just don't think they can reach or will even try to attempt what Snyder was doing with his 2 films.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:08 AM   #28
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
That said, Man of Steel was great until he gets the suit and learns to fly. The movie should have stopped there. Maybe have an end credits thing with him applying for a job at the Daily Bugle in full-on Clark Kent dork mode. The early life stuff with him as a kid and learning stuff then going out on his own all felt like it was done by people who cared. When Michael Shannon and his crew show up it's the same old shit we've seen a million times. And I normally like Michael Shannon. I just watched The Iceman and he plays a misunderstood kinda evil weirdo so well.
Daily Planet.

The "First Flight" scene is euphoric. I get the chills every time I watch it.

I loved Shannon as Zod. Menacing, militaristic, badass, driven. "I WILL FIND HIM!"

Superman killing Zod was perfect; it gave an actual reason for why Superman no longer wants to kill. He freaked out and realized that wasn't him. That whole movie was him figuring out who he was, not an established Superman. But I guess audiences only want to see the character after he's figured everything out, they don't want to see growth, trials and tribulation. I loved seeing that. It was a realistic, Nolan-esque (who chose Snyder for the film and helped write it) take on Superman.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #29
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Daily Planet.

I loved Shannon as Zod. Menacing, militaristic, badass, driven. "I WILL FIND HIM!"

Superman killing Zod was perfect; it gave an actual reason for why Superman no longer wants to kill. He freaked out and realized that wasn't him. That whole movie was him figuring out who he was, not an established Superman. But I guess audiences only want to see the character after he's figured everything out, they don't want to see growth, trials and tribulation. I loved seeing that. It was a realistic, Nolan-esque (who chose Snyder for the film and helped write it) take on Superman.
Don't forget the Hans Zimmer score, particularly the Clark Kent theme, which perfectly echos the character arc. It starts out very timid and unsure then just lifts and gains momentum as he begins to learn his skills, but is still unsteady with traces of wonder.

Then it becomes heroic and decisive as he realizes he can no longer stand by and hold his gifts to himself.

One of my favorite scores in recent history.

vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #30
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Daily Planet.

What the fuck did I write Bugle for. I knew it was Daily Planet my whole life. What a goddamn brain fart. Stupid Spiderman crossover must've been buried in my subconscious.

Anyway, more news out saying Ben Affleck quit.

Last edited by Mad Max RW; 09-14-2018 at 05:50 PM..
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote