Today 12:17 PM
14 Replies, 2,083 Views

Old 03-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Far Cry 5 Launch Trailer

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:
Far Cry 5 is here! Spark a resistance to take back Hope County from the fanatic doomsday cult that has taken control.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
ABOUT FAR CRY 5:
Far Cry comes to America in the latest installment of the award-winning franchise.

Welcome to Hope County, Montana. When your arrival incites the cult to violently seize control of the region, you must rise up and spark the fires of resistance to liberate a besieged community.

Freely explore Hope County’s rivers, lands, and skies with the largest customizable weapon and vehicle roster ever in a Far Cry game. You are the hero of the story in a thrilling world that hits back with every punch, and where the places you discover and the locals you ally with will shape your story in ways you’ll never see coming.

Key Features:
SPARK THE FIRES OF RESISTANCE AGAINST A FANATIC CULT:
Stranded in hostile territory, find strength in the community around you to lead a resistance against a cult taking over Hope County, Montana.

CARVE YOUR OWN PATH:
The freedom to go in any direction – you decide the when, the where, and the how.

From the moment you enter Hope County you have the freedom to tackle the world in any order you choose.

A WORLD THAT EVOLVES
Play your way against Joseph Seed and his fanatical followers in a dynamic open world that adapts and reacts to the choices you make.

DYNAMIC TOYS
Tear up the countryside in iconic American vehicles you can make your own; from muscle cars to big rigs, from ATVs to tractors.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
wunshot
Subscriber

I preordered and can't wait to play it. Don't know about you guys, but I'm down to get my deliverance on. Squeal like a pig! :P
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

They have a little 20ish minute Blair Witch type movie on Amazon Prime which is a nifty addition if you really want to get into the game, the Cult, and some of the characters.

It has pretty decent production values too, so not a total waste of time.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #5
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Picking it up at 10am and will be playing as soon as I can get it installed. Looks really solid and, given that I love the whole open world genre, can see a whole lot of fun coming my way.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:33 PM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I wish it were 3rd Person like The Division. I much prefer that over 1st person. That's the only reason I'm holding off till a really big sale.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:23 AM   #7
Azzy
Cthulian

I think it's well above average for a Part 5. Enjoying it.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:39 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

This is the only Far Cry 5 impression I need:

You win this round, Ubisoft. You can have my money.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #9
Exodus
Evil Dead

Welp, just got banned from polygon.

Ben Kuchera is such a fop and so are his merry band of yes men. Just a buncha pinksters who raise their pinky finger when they doth don thine tea cup to their lips to sip from.

Glad I immortalized the moment by calling him a twat. Dude faulted the game for not being a deep stirring political novella that commented on american political climate. There isn't a mountain that goes high enough to express the avalanche of an eyeroll that made me react with.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:29 AM   #10
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I wish it were 3rd Person like The Division. I much prefer that over 1st person. That's the only reason I'm holding off till a really big sale.
Forced third person is exactly the reason why I have avoided The Division and Ghost Recon Wildlands. It's stupid being able to see around corners and over obstacles while essentially remaining invisible to the enemy. The only place it feels right is in complicated melee combat. Personally I find a first person perspective so much more immersive. I'd kill for a first person Witcher or Dead Space.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #11
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

Ben Kuchera is such a fop and so are his merry band of yes men. Just a buncha pinksters who raise their pinky finger when they doth don thine tea cup to their lips to sip from.

Glad I immortalized the moment by calling him a twat. Dude faulted the game for not being a deep stirring political novella that commented on american political climate. There isn't a mountain that goes high enough to express the avalanche of an eyeroll that made me react with.
Congratulations on being banned and being right. Kuchera is a self important doofus.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:57 AM   #12
LostToys
Evil Dead

The funny thing about Ben is that he rage quit video-games back when GamersGate was still a fever pitch, but he came crawling back shortly thereafter when he realized that no one at the other VOX outlets wanted him to write opinion pieces or reviews.

And by God, I the thread for the review of Far Cry 5 at Polygon is atrocious. Everyone keeps talking about Eden's Gate as being white supremacists, when it is just good old fashioned religious cultism. So people like Brill keep talking about how it is not correct to use people of color in the game, because no persons of color would ever be a part of a white supremacist movement/community. They completely miss who Eden's Gate is.

But I digress. Started the game last night. Typical Ubisoft game where the narrative takes off way more than it can chew, but the gameplay is pretty damned good so far. Guns play feels fast and responsive and the friendly AI, for once, is actually very helpful. They stay pretty close to you, will climb ontop of and in buildings for cover and for line of sight, and generally hit their targets.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:41 AM   #13
Mondopest
Evil Dead

Quote:

Not a fan of his personal agendas either.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:06 PM   #14
timmyd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
This is the only Far Cry 5 impression I need:

You win this round, Ubisoft. You can have my money.
SOLD! I love shovelware!
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:10 PM   #15
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:

I never read anything on Polygon but after this I had to go look at his train wreck...err. review of the game and holy shit... I think regardless of how you feel about the subject matter after reading this part of his review you can safely tell Ben Kuchera to go fuck himself.

Quote:
The drug is meant to dehumanize the characters, so you feel more like you’re gunning down zombies than humans. However, the game totally fails to recognize the horror of shooting American drug addicts while the nation deals with a very real ongoing opioid crisis.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #16
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
I never read anything on Polygon but after this I had to go look at his train wreck...err. review of the game and holy shit... I think regardless of how you feel about the subject matter after reading this part of his review you can safely tell Ben Kuchera to go fuck himself.
He reminds me of this guy

Old 03-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Is it bad that I still haven’t bought Far Cry Primal yet?
Old 03-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #18
LostToys
Evil Dead

I was not a big fan of primal, but I think that primarily is due to me liking gun combat substantially more than bows and arrows, spears and blunt objects.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:14 PM   #19
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Is it bad that I still haven’t bought Far Cry Primal yet?
It's okay people talk it up but it's still the same gameplay design objective wise so if you were like me and have played every farcry, every assassins creed and coming straight off origins to play primal it's like being a sports madden shill who just went from madden to gameday.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:47 AM   #20
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

They missed a prime opportunity to be the GTA of cult simulations.

Tags
far cry 5, ubisoft