Disney Reloads Gunn for...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 10:13 AM
94 Replies, 3,355 Views

Old 03-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Mortal Kombat 11 adds Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs & Erron Black

Allies, past and present, will be called upon to protect the Realms from Kronika.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 03-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 03-07-2019, 07:16 AM   #4
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Today is March 7th. MK11 comes out April 23rd. Everything in between those dates is worthless filler. I just want to get to April 23rd.

It will be 2023 before we get MK12. Relish this moment.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:14 PM   #5
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Today is March 7th. MK11 comes out April 23rd. Everything in between those dates is worthless filler. I just want to get to April 23rd.

It will be 2023 before we get MK12. Relish this moment.
Yeah I have to say MK is a standing tradition for me. I played it as a kid. I played it when I was single and in my 20s with friends, and now I play it with my 3 boys and we laugh and have fun. Looks great. Cant wait!

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:30 AM   #6
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Looks great. I like Cassie Cage's mix of her mom and dad for her move set. Might be time to get back into these games again.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #7
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Is it me or does Johnny Cage look like "hipster dad" with his haircut, glasses, and iron fishing vest?

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:37 PM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Is it me or does Johnny Cage look like "hipster dad" with his haircut, glasses, and iron fishing vest?
It's just you soy hipster.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #9
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Don't you dare make fun of Mortal Kombat Pat! It's mature! REEEEEEEEE!
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:56 AM   #10
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Who said it was mature? Beyond the blood and guts rating? Course an idiot like pat would have a 6 year old playing it but still. Now lets see would I rather play MK11, or Jump around with Mario. Easy choice.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #11
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
It's just you soy hipster.
You're probably as fragile as glass. I used to have to actually work for a living, lugging 2+ bundles of shingles at a time up ladders all day. I'm pretty sure the only weak soy sauce around here is you - sittin' around in your undies and your insecurities, telling yourself your a real man because you play "grown up games" (the same "grown up games" 12 year olds play, though).

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 03-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #12
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
lol!

Very mature. I remember when I was 10-11 years old, talking about Mortal Kombat II finishers on the playground with my friends. Bunch of mature 10 years olds playing mature Mortal Kombat.

I actually don't mind the series at all. I think they're pretty enjoyable. I wouldn't call them "mature" by any means, though. See Johnny Cage doing the splits to punch people in the nuts. And Johnny Cage DOES look like hipster dad in the screenshot above!

You know what? Maybe spec just has a difference in opinion from you and I on what the word "mature" means. I think Spec thinks things like boobs, guns, and swears are mature. I'm pretty sure maturity is found in not giving a shit what other people thing, and just playing games based on how fun they are.

Spec, a wise man once said:

Old 03-10-2019, 01:05 PM   #13
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Here's another example spec.

I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 currently. The game is weeb as hell, there's no denying that. But the combat system is deep, the exploration is second to none, the world is extremely immersive, and it has some of the deepest mechanics and systems you'll find in a JRPG. It's a lot of fun to play. It looks like a weeb anime, but its a blast to play.

On the side, im playing a game you might consider "mature" in Yakuza Kiwami. There's little these 2 games have in common, except they're both fun to play - literally the only thing that matters.

Old 03-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Here's another example spec.

I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 currently. The game is weeb as hell, there's no denying that. But the combat system is deep, the exploration is second to none, the world is extremely immersive, and it has some of the deepest mechanics and systems you'll find in a JRPG. It's a lot of fun to play. It looks like a weeb anime, but its a blast to play.

On the side, im playing a game you might consider "mature" in Yakuza Kiwami. There's little these 2 games have in common, except they're both fun to play - literally the only thing that matters.
Comparing MK to Mario, honestly, are you going to say the theme in MK isn't on the more mature side? Ripping out spines etc? Let's be realistic here. JRPG's suck, yes just my opinion but I don't like them. I'm a westerner, I prefer western themes.

It's hilarious the ad homs you and Chief keep using to defend your love of a company that is too cheap to use cutting edge hardware, rarely tries much new in their games, yet complain often enough about sequels and rehashes yet are strangely quiet when Nintendo does the same damn thing. Just admit your biased when it comes to Nintendo and we can put it to rest.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #15
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Comparing MK to Mario, honestly, are you going to say the theme in MK isn't on the more mature side? Ripping out spines etc?
That explains a lot.

Quote:
It's hilarious the ad homs you and Chief keep using to defend your love of a company
I’m not trying to defend Nintendo. I’m just ripping on you.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:55 PM   #16
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
That explains a lot.

Iím not trying to defend Nintendo. Iím just ripping on you.
Something you troll Terran for all the time, If there's ever a pot meet kettle situation this would be one. Not much better Chief, I kinda expect more from you to be honest.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #17
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Comparing MK to Mario, honestly, are you going to say the theme in MK isn't on the more mature side? Ripping out spines etc? Let's be realistic here. JRPG's suck, yes just my opinion but I don't like them. I'm a westerner, I prefer western themes.

It's hilarious the ad homs you and Chief keep using to defend your love of a company that is too cheap to use cutting edge hardware, rarely tries much new in their games, yet complain often enough about sequels and rehashes yet are strangely quiet when Nintendo does the same damn thing. Just admit your biased when it comes to Nintendo and we can put it to rest.
I didn't say Mario was mature either. They're just games.

I'm just saying your notion of what is or isnt mature isnt...mature. Nor does "mature" really matter. None of it is"mature". In fact, MK is pretty low brow at times. Don't get me wrong, love the gameplay. But the story unfolds like a violent, silly, over the top cartoon.

Only one thing matters. Is the game fun to play.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #18
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Something you troll Terran for all the time, If there's ever a pot meet kettle situation this would be one. Not much better Chief, I kinda expect more from you to be honest.
Oh sure thing dad. Iíll try better next time. And you rip him back when it suits you anyway. Donít be so sensitive.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #19
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Oh sure thing dad. Iíll try better next time. And you rip him back when it suits you anyway. Donít be so sensitive.
Just calling out the hypocrisy not much more than that.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:54 PM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I didn't say Mario was mature either. They're just games.

I'm just saying your notion of what is or isnt mature isnt...mature. Nor does "mature" really matter. None of it is"mature". In fact, MK is pretty low brow at times. Don't get me wrong, love the gameplay. But the story unfolds like a violent, silly, over the top cartoon.

Only one thing matters. Is the game fun to play.
Never said you though mario was mature, again listen to what I'm saying here, Mario is a game and IP aimed at the young, MK is not due to the blood and violence, that's the only distinction I'm trying to make here, nothing more nothing less. I'm not even talking about the story or the comic relief within it, I'm talking about the theme and vibe of the game. Realistically most parents wouldn't subject a 5 year old to MK while they would to Mario. Granted in this day and age where parents push their kids to be trannies that could be a moot point altogether.

Tags
mortal kombat 11