Today 09:51 AM
18,283 Replies, 3,200,386 Views

Old 03-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

EA Skipping E3 2019

Quote:
EA PLAY 2019: It’s All About the Games

2019 will mark our fourth year of EA PLAY. What we envisioned as a celebration of play has become an incredible moment that we love to share with the community each year. We are so grateful for all our fans who have joined us, and we look forward to making this year an even better experience.

This year you’ll see less talk and more play, with an event entirely focused on the heartbeat of EA PLAY: our player communities and the games they love.

• First hands-on with some of our biggest games.

• Exclusive content from some of the most popular creators in the world.

• Free for all to attend.

It all starts this year on Friday night, June 7, 2019, with an all-new EA PLAY kickoff event. We're skipping the press conference this year and are replacing it with multiple live streams that will air during the first two days of the event, bringing you more of what you've told us you want - more gameplay and insights from the teams making the games.

Weekends are meant for play, and this year we’ve moved the EA PLAY fanfest to Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9 where players will get hands-on with our games. We’ll also have content creators streaming live from our Creator’s Cave in the Hollywood Palladium providing gameplay content to our players viewing online. EA.com will be the home for all online EA PLAY content. Players can get behind-the-scenes with our games via exclusive gameplay reveals, developer talks and breaking news.

But that’s enough talk for now, we’ve got plenty more to show in the months ahead.

Tickets will be available next month, so stay tuned over the coming weeks and months to learn more about EA PLAY 2019, including the games, ticket availability, program schedule and more.
ea.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

A lot of big players have been pulling out of E3, not looking good for them which sucks for me because I really look forward to E3 every year. Even if its just a couple new trailers, me personally I would rather have a little something than to have nothing.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
A lot of big players have been pulling out of E3, not looking good for them which sucks for me because I really look forward to E3 every year. Even if its just a couple new trailers, me personally I would rather have a little something than to have nothing.
I don't think you have to worry. EA is skipping the show, but not skipping releasing a bunch of new trailers. The same will probably be true for Sony, they will do a bunch of stuff online and just skip putting on the big show.

It makes sense, you can reach way more people these days by releasing trailers on YouTube than you can by spending millions on a booth and a big press conference.

I think it is just starting to make sense to skip the show.

The big movie studios did the same thing a few years back with Comic Con... they stopped putting together big booths and just started releasing the trailers and no one seems to have noticed.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Wow. As somebody who has been to E3 several times over the decades... this is not good for the event planners. Kind of a bummer for me cuz E3 is one of my favorite things to attend... but perhaps it's dying...
Old 03-11-2019, 09:10 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
Wow. As somebody who has been to E3 several times over the decades... this is not good for the event planners. Kind of a bummer for me cuz E3 is one of my favorite things to attend... but perhaps it's dying...
We went through this cycle once before... remember the E3 in hotel rooms? It got too expensive, everyone pulled out then after that they realized that they needed the show to actually show off their stuff.

This might be different though, they certainly didn't have the massive streaming platforms like YouTube and Twitch back then.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #6
Mondopest
Evil Dead

I went to EA Play 2018.... What a mess - at least from an in-person event perspective. Sweaty, with no shade in most of the parking lot of where it was setup. As an added bonus, it was hosted by and featured a plethora of low-level, wannabe influencers with overly-pandering personalities.... Never again!
Old 03-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #7
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Wow how very un-conventional of them. Hope Bethesda isn't coming either.

Tags
ea play