Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:13 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:45 AM   #3
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Wow, that Infinity Stone stuff at the end was mean. I liked the implementation of the stones in "Marvel Super Heroes", but if I remember correctly, they were just generic power-ups that worked better in specific combinations (e.g. Speed gave Spider-Man tangible after-images or something like that). It seems they will have a bigger influence on the actual gameplay this time.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Compared to the Injustice 2.0 this looks juvenile and silly. Like the story was a rip off of Injustice only modified for tweens. They should have an epilepsy warning before each trailer.

The mash-up of Capcom vs. Marvel seems so shoehorned in I can't believe it's made it this many versions.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #5
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

personally I've never liked the art style, the original 2D graphics were far superior IMO

I wish they'd have gone the realistic rout or kept the 2D
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
firecut
Evil Dead

The visual in this just look ridiculous and not up my alley. Skipping this.
firecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #7
nuworldblue
Squire

Looks kinda soulless to me.
nuworldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:03 AM   #8
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

I can't believe you guys. You're comparing this colorful and quite obviously fun art style to "Dead Eyes of Metropolis 2", and your takeaway is that MvC is "soulless"? Okay, I give you "juvenile". And "silly". Alright, it's a bit "ridiculous". But then again, not (much) more so than "Guardians of the Galaxy", which everyone seems to love. Or "Deadpool".

Oh well. I for one are very much looking forward to this. I love the light-hearted stories, and I've liked Capcoms efforts to bring the visuals to 3D* ever since "Tatsunoko vs. Capcom". Also, I want to see Mike Haggar piledrive Dr. Doom. Or a shark. Or this guy:

*) It's miles better than that horrible HD conversion from Udon, anyway.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:00 AM   #9
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Compared to the Injustice 2.0 this looks juvenile and silly. Like the story was a rip off of Injustice only modified for tweens. They should have an epilepsy warning before each trailer.

The mash-up of Capcom vs. Marvel seems so shoehorned in I can't believe it's made it this many versions.
MvC was a series that never took itself seriously, outside of the actual gameplay mechanics. Calling it "juvenile and silly" is simply missing the point entirely; it's supposed to be a silly game. The previous versions featured Mega Man turning into a giant robot and barraging his opponents with lasers and missiles. It's always been bright, loud and kinda goofy.

I'd gladly play this any day of the week over either Injustice title...or anything from Netherrealms, for that matter.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:02 AM   #10
Peelzbury
Evil Dead

it really is juvenile and silly! its almost like they made it to appeal to kids or something.
explains why i like it.

Not sure why they made hawkeye's outfit so very gay but otherwise seems like it could be fun for a bit.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:44 AM   #11
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
MvC was a series that never took itself seriously, outside of the actual gameplay mechanics. Calling it "juvenile and silly" is simply missing the point entirely; it's supposed to be a silly game. The previous versions featured Mega Man turning into a giant robot and barraging his opponents with lasers and missiles. It's always been bright, loud and kinda goofy.

I'd gladly play this any day of the week over either Injustice title...or anything from Netherrealms, for that matter.
What's your beef with Netherrealms? Injustice 1 and the last couple of MK's are great games. Nevermind most of Ed Boon's team were partly responsible for some of the most classic arcade machines of all time.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #12
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

I love the MvC series, and this looks like a natural evolution of crazy ass combos and over the top flashing colors. It is super faster paced and nothing like the mortal combat or injustice series. Picking team lazer and blasting your opponent into oblivion will never get old
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:04 PM   #13
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
What's your beef with Netherrealms? Injustice 1 and the last couple of MK's are great games. Nevermind most of Ed Boon's team were partly responsible for some of the most classic arcade machines of all time.
I've just never been a fan of the way their fighters played. I'm not minimizing their accomplishments; I just don't like playing their fighters.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:09 PM   #14
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I've just never been a fan of the way their fighters played. I'm not minimizing their accomplishments; I just don't like playing their fighters.
All my feedback is subjective comparing the two games and based on the previews alone.

Removing the "feel" of the fighters (I prefer the smoother, faster Capcom feel to the slower deliberate MK feel) I still don't find much to like about Marvel vs. Capcom. The story and the art direction in particular are turn offs to me; as I said it looks silly and the story seems like a kiddie game.

Injustice just seems to have much more depth and the characters are much more robust as well. They've done a really good job introducing them and showing their individuality.

MvC has this insane ADHD flash and glitz, the combos that go all day on multiple levels with instant tagging in and out for 1000x hits... maybe I'm just old.

I remember when the Vega throw was the ultimate move in a Capcom fighting game. Now it seems like a normal move is a 50,000 hit combo; you're a scrub if you can't pull it off and get showered with all the epilepsy inducing particles and flashing graphical effects that come with it.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:19 AM   #15
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
All my feedback is subjective comparing the two games and based on the previews alone.

Removing the "feel" of the fighters (I prefer the smoother, faster Capcom feel to the slower deliberate MK feel) I still don't find much to like about Marvel vs. Capcom. The story and the art direction in particular are turn offs to me; as I said it looks silly and the story seems like a kiddie game.

Injustice just seems to have much more depth and the characters are much more robust as well. They've done a really good job introducing them and showing their individuality.

MvC has this insane ADHD flash and glitz, the combos that go all day on multiple levels with instant tagging in and out for 1000x hits... maybe I'm just old.

I remember when the Vega throw was the ultimate move in a Capcom fighting game. Now it seems like a normal move is a 50,000 hit combo; you're a scrub if you can't pull it off and get showered with all the epilepsy inducing particles and flashing graphical effects that come with it.
There's never really been a story with the MvC games; Capcom essentially didn't bother, because the premise is so ridiculous. I prefer this approach than the ridiculous, hamfisted attempt at a story we got in MKvDC.

You're also comparing this to a game that has had months of character reveal trailers and general marketing; this is the first real glimpse we've gotten of the new MvC, aside from the initial reveal a year ago. It's hard to have characters feel "robust" when we haven't really seen any of them, yet.

Ultimately, you clearly prefer the aesthetics of one over the other...and that's perfectly fine.

Tags
marvel vs capcom infinite