Yesterday 05:31 PM
2,607 Replies, 314,653 Views

Old 08-05-2016, 01:49 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Sony Isn't Sending No Man's Sky Review Copies Until Pre-Launch Patch #NoMansSky

Game Informer has the story.

Quote:
You might have heard some buzz over the past week about No Manís Sky copies loose in the wild. There was the story about the guy who allegedly spent over $1,000 for an early copy, of course. But some outlets have managed to get their hands on a copy.

We can confirm that Sony and Hello Games have not released code to the media. There are always stores willing to break street date and sell copies early. If you know where to look, it's an easy enough process to buy one.

Sony is aware that consumers and some media are streaming the game, and has reiterated its plans for releasing code to reviewers. We've been told to expect those to arrive on Monday, in advance of the game's launch on Tuesday. In the meantime, Sony seems to be aggressively pursuing what it calls "unsanctioned copies."
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Not sending out review codes early is almost always a sign that the product is shit.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
ashikenshin
Subscriber

it is, I feel bad for those who were hyped about this... not really. It looked like shit and the demos showed nothing.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Not sending out review codes early is almost always a sign that the product is shit.
The Magic Patch™ shall fix all! It is known.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
it is, I feel bad for those who were hyped about this... not really. It looked like shit and the demos showed nothing.
I think it will be cool for what it is.

I think there's blame to go all around.

Idiot gamers are to blame for continually ignoring what the developers said this game would be in favor of believing it's what they choose to imagine it to be.

But blame goes on the developers for not being up front and clarifying, specifically, what the game does and does not do. They seem to think it's cool to encourage a mystery about the game, and it's backfiring in a way they seem to not understand.

But who knows, maybe it will still make big waves. I think what they game does is still really cool. It's just not what people seem to want to believe it is.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #6
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Sad but true. I was looking forward to this one. Not so much anymore..
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:49 PM   #7
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Could have told you that a year ago when they continue showing the same shit gameplay.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #8
Mix-Master
Subscriber

After seeing that leaked footage from the person who paid to get it early, IMO he has done more than the marketing dept as before seeing that footage i was on the fence as to how good it looked.

After seeing that footage it actually looks good.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #9
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

Footage makes no difference to me. The game not getting review code early sometimes means it sucks but sometimes means it's DOOM. Perhaps the Day Zero patch has some very important fixes.

I don't care that it took the guy "only" 30 hours to get to the middle. He was trying to do nothing but that. Even then, that's still 30 hours which is a long time. Many people appear to have forgotten that.

I have so far put 45 hours into Elite: Dangerous and achieved a lot. Certainly got my monies worth. I will with NMS too.

It's not Hello Games' fault that people thought this is going to be what Star Citizen says it's going to be.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:18 PM   #10
mojo_x
Soul Reaper

Man, I really miss the days of games actually being finished at the time of release and not requiring day one patches. My software-engineer spiderman senses are detecting strong hints that this game went gold a month or two earlier than it should have.

As a side note: it's really interesting to me to see how much hysteria this game has generated outside of its intended core demographic (the original uber space nerds of the Elite/Frontier games and the like). The amount of vitriol and hatred it is getting online from those outside of that niche group of gamers is really bizarre.

Hello Games probably should have focused on the hardcore and done an alpha release on PC, then spent a year making fixes/improvements in response to PC player feedback AND THEN released it on the console platforms.

As it stands, it looks like its just going to generate a lot of disappointment from PS4 gamers that were expecting it to be something completely different. Hopefully it doesn't end up DoA.
mojo_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:27 PM   #11
Terran
Evil Dead

What did they think the guy was spending $1,000 for, so he could shove the game disc up his rectum and sit on it until after release? For a game that has to have cost millions to make, it sure seems STUPID to sell an early access copy for $1,000. So dumb.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #12
BadIronTree
Evil Dead

Doom Was Good
Old 08-05-2016, 10:15 PM   #13
Gravitea
Peon

I'm still looking forward to this, but I believe that I don't have unreal expectations. I love the art aesthetic and the idea of (hopefully) fairly unique things to find on every planet. The exploration aspect is what is probably the strongest draw for me.

I do plan on heading toward the center of the galaxy, but I don't have an overwhelming urge to race there.

All I'm expecting is an updated version of Elite or Escape Velocity, so I imagine I'll get my money's worth and then some.
Gravitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:34 PM   #14
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitea View Post
I'm still looking forward to this, but I believe that I don't have unreal expectations. I love the art aesthetic and the idea of (hopefully) fairly unique things to find on every planet. The exploration aspect is what is probably the strongest draw for me.

I do plan on heading toward the center of the galaxy, but I don't have an overwhelming urge to race there.

All I'm expecting is an updated version of Elite or Escape Velocity, so I imagine I'll get my money's worth and then some.
I haven't watched the videos yet, but I think anyone expecting and accepting a true game that is of a new type, you should be fine.

The people who are going to be disappointed are the people expecting it to be an free MMO.

People who are like, "My and my friends are going to start a pirate gang where we steal from other ships and build an outpost on the edge of the galaxy!"
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:22 AM   #15
mojo_x
Soul Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
The people who are going to be disappointed are the people expecting it to be an free MMO.

People who are like, "My and my friends are going to start a pirate gang where we steal from other ships and build an outpost on the edge of the galaxy!"
I have seen posts on other forums mentioning very similar things to that; it's crazy. I guess that explains some of the unwarranted furor that's taking place as casual gamers slowly realise that the game is different to what they imagined in their heads.
mojo_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:23 AM   #16
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo_x View Post
Man, I really miss the days of games actually being finished at the time of release and not requiring day one patches. platforms.
Easy bro, buy Nintendo. Yeah Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon got updates breddy quick but that was Nintendo still being new to online, the games were done.

Tags
hello games, no man's sky