Today 07:59 AM
1 Replies, 59 Views

Old 08-04-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Game Of Thrones Suffers Another Leak As Upcoming Episode Appears Online

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
Earlier this week, it was reported that HBO had been hacked, resulting in the theft of several TV episodes and written material connected to Game of Thrones. It has now been reported that this Sunday's episode of the hit fantasy show has also been leaked, but from a different source.

As reported by The Verge, Episode 4 of the current season of Game of Thrones is now online. It has been confirmed that the source of this leak is Star India, one of HBO's distribution partners, and that the company's logo appears as a watermark throughout the episode.

In a statement, a spokesman for Star India said, "[We can confirm] the compromise of episode 4 of Game of Thrones Season 7, earlier this afternoon. We take this breach very seriously and have immediately initiated forensic investigations at our and the technology partner's end to swiftly determine the cause. This is a grave issue and we are taking appropriate legal remedial action."

As The Verge notes, the leak earlier this week hasn't yet resulted in any Game of Thrones episodes appearing online, only scripts for the show. Hackers obtained 1.5 terabytes of data from HBO, which also included upcoming episodes of the sports comedy Ballers and the new anthology drama Room 104.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

Was an awesome episode, will watch it again this Sunday in hd
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

They should do what Netflix does and just release the thing in a gigantic binge event. TV viewers don't want to take your dosages any longer, folks...dole it out wholesale and we'll decide how much to 'eat' at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
They should do what Netflix does and just release the thing in a gigantic binge event. TV viewers don't want to take your dosages any longer, folks...dole it out wholesale and we'll decide how much to 'eat' at a time.
The only reason why I don't mind the weekly dosage (very apt, by the way) is because it forces me to spread the series out and savor it a little more than I otherwise would. I'm not much for binge watching, but I'd still have a seven episode season over and done with in a week. Plus, it makes online discussion hazardous because you're always dodging spoiler mines planted by people who are seemingly capable of bending time and watching an entire season in mere moments

With that being said, we're rapidly moving beyond the idea of the "television schedule".
Old 08-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
With that being said, we're rapidly moving beyond the idea of the "television schedule".
It's amazing how quickly technology has changed basic aspects of everyday life, isn't it? I can remember using a typewriter in college. Watching one of the six or so channels that existed! Looking at the TV guide in a newspaper I subscribed to! Having to spin a dial to make a phone call, attached by a cable to the device I was using! Looking things up in an encyclopedia set! Going to the library to borrow a physical copy of a book! Watching commercials on TV!

I love it. Great changes. Oh, to be young again. Then again, the young are lunatic fundamentalists, so to hell with joining their cohort, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo