4 Replies, 593 Views
For Honor Celebrates 15...
Last post by Mozain
Yesterday 07:06 PM
3 Replies, 507 Views

Old 05-23-2018, 09:47 PM   #1581
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Pressing their luck after barely quelling a revolt and flight from some of the biggest tax and profit generating businesses in the Pacific Northwest the Seattle City Council has decided to announce in increase of property taxes to go on the ballot this November.

On top of a 17% premium on their property taxes since 2014 and effectively raising 58 million dollars making preschool free for nearly 1000 families (not children, families).

The NEW levey will actually bundle two taxes that are supposed to expire which currently cost each taxpayer a minimum of $250 a year and would be, in part, used to further fund low income education and also to provide free community college.

Some people are starting to see a problem...

Quote:
“It’s not just homelessness. It's the bike lanes and budget overruns, the Bertha tunnel, and the overruns on that, the First Ave streetcar and overruns on that,” Seattle resident Matt Dubin said. Dubin is a local attorney now running to become a state lawmaker this year. He says he is upset over city leaders squeezing out the middle class. “It’s making it impossible for the middle class to live in Seattle. If we keep going down this road nobody will be able to live in Seattle except for the very rich and the homeless,” Dubin said.
But members of the city council aren't worried. They know voters have a short term memory:

Quote:
“It’s May; this is proposed to be on the ballot in November and a lot can change between now and November,” Johnson said.

What do you mean a lot can change?

“The angst and anger you guys are talking about today, May 21st, may not necessarily be the same as it is today in November,” Johnson said.
Go go gadget Seattle!

But down south of Seattle in Tacoma as their leaders ears have been perked up as they float plans to offer businesses a $275 tax CREDIT for new jobs created in Pierce county. What do you think Amazon/Starbucks/Microsoft/etc? How much is it worth to you to deal with the Odor of Tacoma and get some sweet, sweet kickbacks instead of hassled by someone who things stealing is a part of being "inclusive"?

Here's the laughable statement from Seattle's mayor after signing this travesty:
Quote:
“I fundamentally believe that we must continue to come together to listen to one another to address these significant challenges," Durkan's statement Wednesday reads. "I understand there are very strong passions and genuine policy differences between neighbors, businesses, community leaders and people across our City on how to best address this crisis, but I know we can be a City that continues to invent the future and come together to build a more affordable, inclusive, and just future for all who call this great City home."
Yes, they sure came together and listened really hard. And didn't hear anything except the sound of Amazon backing off on 90% of their expansion plans in this area...
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #1582
Terran
Evil Dead

It's not progressive ideas that are the problem! It's the everyday idiots who don't go all in on the progressive idiocy they're being subjected to that are the problem!

Meanwhile in the reality-based world, blacks and Hispanics are looking at historically low unemployment levels and, compared with Obama or any other administration, are experiencing a renaissance economically.

If even ten percent of blacks figured this shit out and left the Dumbocrat plantation, the Dems wouldn't win another election for decades. Vote for folks who talk shit and do nothing for you for decades, or vote for real world change and improvements from Republicans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:39 PM   #1583
blackzc
Evil Dead

It is my goal for blacks and mexicans to all have jobs, while white middle america kills itself with pills and meth due to its culture being destroyed.

.t Terran

Please, cuck harder, cuk.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:45 PM   #1584
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I would love to live the rest of my life in an opium induced cloud of fuzzys with not a care in the world then die so I can't see my culture being torn down around me.

Is that part of Obamacare? Bronze, silver, gold, or platinum plan? Who do I have to kill to get my 24/7 opiate high?!
Old 05-25-2018, 06:20 PM   #1585
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
while white middle america kills itself with pills and meth
Drugs are bad. Just say no!*

Vote Republican! It pisses off blackzc that it's helpful for the unemployment rate of not just whites but also minorities, lol.

* You can go get some if you want, lol. ENJOY!
Quote:
Old 05-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #1586
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I would love to live the rest of my life in an opium induced cloud of fuzzys with not a care in the world then die so I can't see my culture being torn down around me.

Is that part of Obamacare? Bronze, silver, gold, or platinum plan? Who do I have to kill to get my 24/7 opiate high?!
There's the plan. Keep em doped up so they don't notice the subversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Drugs are bad. Just say no!*

Vote Republican! It pisses off blackzc that it's helpful for the unemployment rate of not just whites but also minorities, lol.

* You can go get some if you want, lol. ENJOY!
You legitimately are beginning to make me sick. You are fucking disgusting.

What im trying to tell your goofy ass is that every single, goddam, mother, fucking, time, there is some meetup of faggot neo cons such as yourself all you fucks do is bring some tolkien black up on stage, pat him on the head and praise him for him being a good boy. While the pill and heroin problem goes nowhere and never gets a mention. Dont do drugs... hur dur, fuck you dumb ass.

You pander, you still attempt to signal to the left that your not racist. Your still giant pussies. And guess what? They still come after you, because they know its BS

Who in the flying fuck, that isnt black cares about black unemployment, TO THE DEGREE neo cons do? Do i want blacks employed? Uh doy! I want every single one of them working. Every single one...

Quote:
Vote for folks who talk shit and do nothing for you for decades
Literally Republicans.

At least with the Dems i know where they stand.

Progressiveism with its foot riding the brake. Thats all you believe in.

Ob la di, ob-la-da. Not that it matters, trotskyist neo cons are on the way out. How many are retiring? The swing has happened and now baby boomers are getting woke thanks to Q and 8ch and are larping like anons.

Last edited by blackzc; 05-25-2018 at 08:01 PM..
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:43 PM   #1587
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
There's the plan. Keep em doped up so they don't notice the subversion.

You legitimately are beginning to make me sick. You are fucking disgusting.

What im trying to tell your goofy ass is that every single, goddam, mother, fucking, time, there is some meetup of faggot neo cons such as yourself all you fucks do is bring some tolkien black up on stage, pat him on the head and praise him for him being a good boy. While the pill and heroin problem goes nowhere and never gets a mention. Dont do drugs... hur dur, fuck you dumb ass.

You pander, you still attempt to signal to the left that your not racist. Your still giant pussies. And guess what? They still come after you, because they know its BS

Who in the flying fuck, that isnt black cares about black unemployment, TO THE DEGREE neo cons do? Do i want blacks employed? Uh doy! I want every single one of them working. Every single one...

Literally Republicans.

At least with the Dems i know where they stand.

Progressiveism with its foot riding the brake. Thats all you believe in.

Ob la di, ob-la-da. Not that it matters, trotskyist neo cons are on the way out. How many are retiring? The swing has happened and now baby boomers are getting woke thanks to Q and 8ch and are larping like anons.
Which alt is ut this week anenome?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #1588
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
some tolkien black
Was that written by JRR's illegitimate son Markeith? I want to read that book! The lost sequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy!

Quote:
Do i want blacks employed? Uh doy! I want every single one of them working. Every single one...
You virtue signaling neo-con cuck, they don't care...they're coming for you!

lulz. Back on the meds buddy. They seemed to be helping for a post or two.
Quote:
Old 05-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #1589
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Which alt is ut this week anenome?
Black isn't an Anenome alt. Anenome is sitting pretty making floathouses still. Remember he had several hundred bitcoins at least and even at their lower value now that's a mint.

He doesn't have to slum here.

Blackie here is just trolling for his ethno state so instead of giving handouts to people in other countries instead of people locally because white proggies (the worst advocates there are) won't advocate for white people even if those are the only people around them.

Last edited by vallor; 05-25-2018 at 10:10 PM..
Old 05-25-2018, 10:09 PM   #1590
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Sanity seems to have raced in to save a professor from themselves after the professor posts that they will be giving people higher grades sheerly based on the fact they are women.

Quote:
Without a boost, female students might not make the cut

The University of Akron has put its foot down against a professor who planned to raise the grades of female students so they would stay in his field of information sciences.

After The College Fix quoted an email to students from Liping Liu, an administrator told The Fix that the business and management professor’s gender-based approach was “unacceptable” and that no grades have been artificially raised.

Liu admitted to The Fix that his plan could be “questionable,” but said he wanted to “test the water” to see if this approach could “attract female students into future classes” and help correct chronic gender imbalances in his field.

Screenshots of Liu’s redacted email to a student in his systems analysis and design class were posted on Reddit Monday night (below).

The professor informed students that he had sent their final grades to the registrar, and that three “categories” of students “may see their grade raised one level or two.”
Echos of Google and James Damore.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:00 AM   #1591
Terran
Evil Dead

"The University of Akron has put its foot down against a professor who planned to raise the grades of female students so they would stay in his field of information sciences."

The problem is that the professor is, by the standards and actions of progressives over decades, being logically consistent with their approach. Identify an unequal outcome, decide it merits 'equalizing' regardless of the cause of said 'inequality,' and artificially equalize it by authoritarian force.

Affirmative action in a nutshell.

I'm still waiting on the first progressives who will declare that equality means correcting the following:
* Men need the right to terminate parenthood during fetal development.
* No woman has ever had to pay child support for a child not biologically theirs that they didn't legally adopt; men should not have to either, yet they do. Often. By court order. Despite paternity tests.
* Women need to die in equal numbers in the workplace.
* Men need to win equally in family court.
* Women need to go to jail for as long as men for comparable crimes.
* Women need to work in the mines, on road crews, on skyscrapers, etc. in equal numbers to men.
* Men need to be represented equally in post K-12 educational attainment.

And on and on and on and on. But this would be a good start.
Quote:
Old 05-26-2018, 07:12 AM   #1592
Terran
Evil Dead

FBI Redactions: Gotta Protect Ourselves From Oversight and Eventual Embarrassment!

Quote:
Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, who was fired for lying under oath, spent $70,000 in taxpayer dollars on a conference table. The FBI also redacted the conference table’s steep price tag from documents that members of the Senate Judiciary Committee requested, in an apparent attempt to hide it from Congress.

In a letter sent to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Wednesday, Sen. Chuck Grassley revealed that the FBI had redacted the cost of the table from a document he and his fellow members of the committee requested to see. Grassley said many of the redactions within the documents made no sense, nor were they made to protect national security secrets.
Nice work if you can get it!

'Fuck you, Congress!

Respectfully,

The FBI, DOJ, IRS, CIA, etc.'
Quote:
Old 05-26-2018, 10:21 AM   #1593
Terran
Evil Dead

Reparations happy hour. LOL!

So, now that we know (as if we didn't already) that progressives will sell their soul, it's time to haggle over the price. In this case, it appears to have been $10 for an overpriced drink.
Quote:
Old 05-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #1594
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Reparations happy hour. LOL!

So, now that we know (as if we didn't already) that progressives will sell their soul, it's time to haggle over the price. In this case, it appears to have been $10 for an overpriced drink.
There ya go Jizzy, seems like Morongon er Oregon is the place for you! They share your racism.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:25 PM   #1595
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Was that written by JRR's illegitimate son Markeith? I want to read that book! The lost sequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy!
I'm getting ready to block your ass forever.

You are not funny, i saw the typo and sent it anyway, who cares. Besides, you don't want to get into a token lore-off with me.

Quote:

Blackie here is just trolling for his ethno state
I've not done that once.

I've always contended that a nation needs to have a dominate culture/race/ethnicity if its going to hold together and not get ripped apart by leftist pandering to minority groups (who are all to willing to go along) for votes.

The race doesn't matter, but it must be a prevailing one. And this was a white country just 30 years ago.

But, we are seeing some changes. Every week or so, another few hundred thousand immigrants get their protections taken away.

I am completely amazed at how many of you (not pointing at you vallor) think this country wont descend into Brazil or South Africa once whites are the minority, and cant see it happening all around you already if you live in a major city or watch youtube on occasion.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:15 PM   #1596
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm getting ready to block your ass forever.

You've turned into such a triggered little liberal cuck, lol.
Quote:
Old 05-29-2018, 01:20 AM   #1597
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
You've turned into such a triggered little liberal cuck, lol.
Not liberal. Very very to the right. White cultural protectionist aka white nationalist which, frankly gets a bad rap. There's a big gap between modern white nationalism and nazis, KKK, and so on; primarily in the means of obtaining the racial harmony.

Now maybe in other countries a racial nationalism makes sense however I feel like America is different.

In America ideological nationalism makes more sense because, frankly, the worst of the progressives and leftists out there are white people trying to purge themselves of some white guilt or other horrible stain they feel on their soul because of imagined privilege only they can see or imagine.

Of course ideological harmony does tend to observe certain traits which will mean you'll see some racial lines, but I suspect they will be more along economic and geographic lines. Overall we may end up with a much less homogeneous set of people than Black seems to think.

There are way, way more white people I'd like to get rid of these days than Indians (Asian and Native), Blacks, Mexican, or even some Middle Easterners. It seems mostly white people are arrogant enough to rustle up grievances for people who never asked them to be advocates in the first place and who have, at times, asked them to stop (see Native Americans vs. Activists trying to change the name of the Washington Redskins NFL team)!

To me compatibility with the culture is the true measuring stick; that and their ability to make sure their kids are also carrying forward that compatibility with the American culture. That's one of the great things about America is we still have a very clearly defined culture, for now, so people regardless of color can still be American if they try.

Other places in Europe, South America and so on have had their culture diluted enough they can't do the same, there they may need a grosser marker like race to see the difference between groups.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:37 AM   #1598
Sinistar
Evil Dead

Sinistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:08 PM   #1599
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
That's one of the great things about America is we still have a very clearly defined culture, for now, so people regardless of color can still be American if they try.
This analysis is completely wrong. We no longer have a shared American culture. We have atomized as a society and the reason that the last decade or so has become more overtly hostile and conflicted is because conservatives have finally started fighting back against six decades of continual attacks from leftists against conservative values.

Conservatives believe in...
* respect for the flag. The left does not.
* the right to self-defense. The left does not.
* Judging people based upon their character, not their skin. The left continually jockeys for identity group victim ascendancy.
* Entertainment as entertainment, not opportunities for didactic moralizing. The left uses entertainment (film, TV, movies, print, media, music, etc.) to preach and indoctrinate when it suits them (or ignores it when it doesn't, as in misogynistic violence in rap).
* Family as the core social unit of society. The left does not, and encourages the destruction of the family with government welfare and abortion policies.
* The Constitution and laws as clearly delineated. The left simply believes in interpreting them to mean whatever they require them to mean at the moment.
* Free speech. The left clearly does not; the Senate under Harry Reid voted with unanimous Democrat support to revise the First Amendment to allow the government to limit free speech. Republicans prevented it.
* Keeping your own money. The left wants to take more of it and spend it as they see fit.

I could go on and on. There is no shared space any longer between left and right. Fuck 'em. The left hates America and all that it stands for. I have no use for that or them.
Quote:
Old 05-30-2018, 09:27 AM   #1600
Whimbrel
Subhuman

About Rosanne-
I think this is a perfect example of using outrage instead of principle to make decisions. I don’t think the show should have been canceled.
Here are my reasons.
1. Were her tweet comments offensive to some? Definitely. Does this mean that the tweets were racist or that she is racist? Well, I see a similarity between the Helena Bonham Carter character from the Tim Burton Planet of the Apes movie and Valarie Jarret. The similarity is actually pretty striking, possibly even funny. Does that make me racist? Does every similarity between real people and film images require racism to be funny? Only if one of them is an ape? The problem with outrage and offense as a reactive compass is pretty clear in this case, because if we embrace this idea that offending somebody requires that you lose your job, even when completely unrelated to the context of the offending comment, we are abandoning free speech for tyranny by the sensitive. Also, because of the current hypersensitivity to racism, I have not seen a single response that acknowledged a valid context for Rosanne to state what was on her mind, be offensive, make a mistake, be pissed off at somebody in public, etc. Or, more importantly, for comedians to be offensive and outspoken. Lenny Bruce would be turning over in his grave right now. I don’t see any path that leads to some kind of culturally redeeming insight from Rosanne’s comments about Jarret. But I sure as hell see an important role for comedy, satire, free speech, and the importance of being able to look at things from surprising and unexpected perspectives, which we would never attain without being forced from our current, and entrenched views, and I don’t see that happening without the possibility of offense.
2. I have not watched the Rosanne show, so what I am stating here comes from my impressions from other sources, but I think this was an important show at an important time, and cancelling it will do more harm than good. If this show resonated with Trump supporters, for whatever reason, and had a large audience, then cancelling it throws away one more bridge (are there any left) spanning the partisan chasm which divides formerly united states. Also, for those who see current US reality as a ping pong game of left versus right, cancelling this show in an overreaction will clearly be seen as either left wing control of media and embracing censorship, left wing media bowing to pressures of oversensitive liberal elites, or an attempt to silence any voice differing from the incessant anti-Trump drum. In other words adding the fuel of undeniable reality to the fires of suspicion, mistrust, cynicism, and paranoia. Great job.
3. Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 issues of free speech clashing with politics, although there are undoubtable many, many others. My web browser wants to constantly remind me of the Dixie Chicks’ fall from grace after a comment was deemed unpatriotic, the Rosanne thing, the red haired comedian from Seinfeld who did something to a picture of Trump (burned it, soaked it in blood maybe, I can’t remember), the football players who don’t stand for the Anthem, and the correspondence dinner person who offended everyone while not being funny. In each of these cases, the consequences involved far too much attention and outrage, and not enough recognition that occasional offense is the price of free speech and the value of free speech in general outweighs individual sensitivities. As we sink into an ever deepening trench of partisanship, the greatest loss will not be individual slights and setbacks for either side, but the fact that both sides think that the fight with the opposing side is more important than any value or principle related to being united. Each decision to devalue free speech seems like more evidence of this abandonment.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote