9 Replies, 524 Views
Into the Spider-Verse...
Last post by Metal Jesus
Today 10:22 AM
10 Replies, 688 Views

Old 11-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching?

It's week 11. It has been a long week, sorry this is up late. I hope the teams you were rooting for today won! I'll be watching the Viking take on the Bears.

What game(s) did you watch today?
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #2
TheHulk
Evil Dead

Rams tomorrow night. Hope to hold back that Chiefs offense. Tough day for the Redskins.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #3
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Watched my Broncos upset the Chargers. Too bad our season is a bust. Again.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:34 PM   #4
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Smith got Theismanned. We are cursed.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:19 AM   #5
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Smith got Theismanned. We are cursed.
Yahhh, that was brutal:/ Sucks. I like Alex Smith. Always thought he was underrated.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 11-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #6
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Yahhh, that was brutal:/ Sucks. I like Alex Smith. Always thought he was underrated.
I was talking to my Dad and brothers yesterday about how some QBs are deified and others go unnoticed. I think a lot of it is straight up marketing. I've never been as impressed with someone like Aaron Rodgers as the rest of the world seems to be (he's very good but I just don't see him as the 2nd coming) and yet you get guys like Smith or Brees (who gets some fanfare but not nearly as much as others) who put up solid to even great numbers year after year and but don't quiet get the media fanfare. It's part of what frustrated me into not really watching much football anymore. I don't like the over-marketing of individual players. It's also why I stopped watching the NBA years ago. I was sick of hearing that some rookie was the next Jordan. I understand that marketing the players makes the leagues a lot of cash but I just don't like it.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #7
brandonjclark
Subscriber

I can't believe the Saints are this good. I know they got knocked out by the Vikings last year in the playoffs and they could've done some damage but dayum, they're goooood.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #8
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I was talking to my Dad and brothers yesterday about how some QBs are deified and others go unnoticed. I think a lot of it is straight up marketing. I've never been as impressed with someone like Aaron Rodgers as the rest of the world seems to be (he's very good but I just don't see him as the 2nd coming) and yet you get guys like Smith or Brees (who gets some fanfare but not nearly as much as others) who put up solid to even great numbers year after year and but don't quiet get the media fanfare. It's part of what frustrated me into not really watching much football anymore. I don't like the over-marketing of individual players. It's also why I stopped watching the NBA years ago. I was sick of hearing that some rookie was the next Jordan. I understand that marketing the players makes the leagues a lot of cash but I just don't like it.
Yah, absolutely. I completely agree. Brees is a 1st year HoF kind of player, but you seldom hear him mentioned in the MVP race even, though his numbers are consistently stellar. Often better than guys like Brady even. People just want to talk about SB wins, but when you have teams that are 53 man rosters, require a huge coaching staff, and a massive amount of prep, no SB is getting won by a QB alone. Look at Kurt Warner. His career fell off for a while when he had no supporting cast. Or Dan Marino. But yet Brad freaking Johnson won a SB. The quality of a QB is much more gray than SB wins. And then there's definitely an element of marketing. Some names are just marketed, for whatever reason, by the NFL more. And some players just market themselves more. Which all influence the conversation of "who's great".

Smith is an excellent quarterback, IMO. I wouldn't put him up with Brees or anything, but he's definitely underrated. He hasn't had much of a supporting cast through most of his career TBH. It's a huge bummer for Washinton fans.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 11-19-2018 at 06:06 PM..

Tags
nfl, nfl game day