Last post by Wizzkidd
Yesterday 07:11 PM
10 Replies, 656 Views

Old 11-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

No Man’s Sky “Visions” Update Launches Tomorrow

Quote:
Hello, everyone! Visions is a new free update releasing on Thursday for all No Man’s Sky players. We’ve called it Visions, because it reimagines our universe, introducing new environmental biomes, new planet types, more colourful worlds, new fauna and flora, archaeology, salvaging, and much more…

Just last month we launched The Abyss, which completely changed underwater in No Man’s Sky. We are excited to now make the planet surface far more interesting and varied to explore.

Some new features you might notice in Visions…

New Worlds
The variety and diversity of planet surfaces has been greatly improved. Millions of previously dead planets have now burst into life, creating a weirder, more surprising universe to explore.

Mysterious artifacts can be found on alien planets, which can be collected as mementos and displayed as trophies in your planetary base.

Bizarre Creatures
Strange new creatures can be found among the stars, never before discovered by another traveller. Predatory fauna protect their planets from interlopers, with some creatures even masquerading as ordinary minerals. Deadly flora now has much more variety, with carnivorous trap plants and bloated gas flora waiting to snare the unwary and reward the cautious.

More to Discover
With more varied planets comes more reasons to explore. Unleash your inner archeologist and search the galaxy for planets containing the ancient bones of alien lifeforms.
Unearth the long-forgotten remains of fallen satellites and scrap them for salvagable parts, but risk drawing the attention of new, challenging, corrupted sentinel drones.

Those who endure the hazardous storms that blast extreme planets can seek out precious new crystal treasures that only light up during the worst weather.

More Variety
The universe has become more alien, vibrant and exciting to explore. New shades of sky, grass, and water enable more unique worlds and a more diverse set of science fiction aesthetics. Atmospherics and skies have been improved and rainbows have been added to the range of weather effects.

Global Community Missions
A new Community Research mission allows explorers to share progress and work towards a common goal. Discover the Visions universe together to unlock the new Eye of the Korvax helmet, as well as well as new emotes, building parts and a range of fireworks to celebrate any occasion.

We hope you enjoy this and what follows — and we look forward to meeting you out there! Our journey continues.

Thank you,
Sean
PlayStation Blog.

I think I need to give this one another look when I finish Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spider-Man. In other words, in about a month. Ha!
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:54 PM   #2
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post

PlayStation Blog.

I think I need to give this one another look when I finish Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spider-Man. In other words, in about a month. Ha!
No Man's Sky? More like..No Guy Buy! Heh hehhhhh...!

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #3
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

IDK on 1 hand I think it's good that they support the game post launch with free updates on the other they basically charged full price for an unfinished early access game.

Anybody still play this? Is it fun at this point?
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:39 PM   #4
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

How are they still making money to finance development? Is Hello Games a front for a Mexican Drug Cartel or something?
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Why is it so slow? The way you plod along just looks boring. They should speed up avatar movement.
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #6
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL CABONG View Post
... on the other they basically charged full price for an unfinished early access game.
Yup, that's a business model worth NOT supporting.

Not sure if the game is actually encroaching anything resembling fun now. Still got some die hard fanboys around saying it's turned into a good game, but I've had some buddies try it recently and they said "oh - yah, it's better", but they were done playing it for good a few days later. For whatever that's worth.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #7
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
How are they still making money to finance development? Is Hello Games a front for a Mexican Drug Cartel or something?
They made millions of dollars at release and have a very small team (around a dozen last I checked) working in a tiny studio. The last time I played was several months ago with mods and a cheat trainer which made the experience tolerable. It's not a broken pile of shit like the original version, but I wouldn't recommend it unless there's a really deep sale. The perpetual "AAA" $60 asking price is as ridiculous today as it was 2 years ago. No Man's Sky is the definitive casual game.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:00 PM   #8
SouljaOfChrist
Dread Lord

I picked up the xbox version, had low expectations going in after hearing all the PS4 stuff surrounding it. I can say the game is boring as fuck. I like the slow pace of Red Dead just fine, but No Mans Sky absolutely bored the shit out of me. I gave it about 2 hours and will probably never go back, I don't see it getting a whole lot more exciting...
Old 11-22-2018, 04:29 AM   #9
Kheldar
Death Knight

I had a couple of friends pick it up on PC recently and that has gotten me back into it as of a few weeks ago. It is greatly improved over the original game and I'm enjoying it again, but it does rely quite heavily on how much imagination you bring along with you for the ride.

I may pick it up on PC while it's on sale on Steam for half price. It will suck starting over, but I think it'll be worth it in order to join my friends in their game. It's too bad cross-platform multiplayer isn't a thing.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #10
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I might pick it up when it's under $10. I just don't see myself playing it more than a few hours.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:04 PM   #11
Meeks
Evil Dead

It's currently 50% off on Steam, but I think I'll wait for 75%+ before I pull the trigger.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/No_Mans_Sky/
Old 11-23-2018, 06:24 AM   #12
Kheldar
Death Knight

I did snag the game on Steam last night and played for a few hours. It's been interesting to see how the early game has changed from version 1.0 to version 1.75. The base-building elements come in very early on (before getting hyperdrive for your ship even) and the initial ship-fix segment you start off in is greatly streamlined. You can go from starting out to having a fixed initial ship now in a matter of minutes rather than the number of hours it took at launch.

I still need to do some tweaking in the key/gamepad control bindings to get things how I'd like them, but overall I'm happy with it so far.

Last edited by Kheldar; 11-24-2018 at 05:22 AM..
Kheldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:00 AM   #13
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

I have about 219 hours on it so far. I've only owned it for a few months. I caught someone playing on twitch and it looked fun compared to what i saw at game lunch. It was also half price at the time.

All of my game play time is in the permadeath mode. Which is essentially survival mode with a single save that gets deleted on your death. Longest in a single game save 92 hours. I died to a trio of hyper-carnivores on a new planet i was exploring. I've died to other players a couple times. But they have adding settings to prevent pvp griefing. Though they aren't on by default.

I would say it's significantly improved since initial release. But I would recommend buying it on sale. It's fun but after you've played through the start a dozen or so times it gets old. But there are still some issues. Base components of different types don't always fit together. Bigger ships like freighters are too big for landing pads so you can end up doing stuff like this twitch streamer landing at my base: https://clips.twitch.tv/CuriousTardyNigiriHeyGirl Which I had to resolve by adding stupid platform at the open sides of landing pads:

Old 11-26-2018, 05:36 AM   #14
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Is that supposed to be PS4 footage? It looks more like PC footage. The PS4 version never looked that crisp and smooth.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no man's sky