Last post by Inkabodcrane
Yesterday 03:02 PM
15 Replies, 641 Views

Old 06-22-2019, 07:34 PM   #21
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
LOL do you need a safe space and a towel to dry your eyes? Oh you poor triggered little progressive snowflake, oh BOOHOO someone call Oprah!

Dude. What the fuck is wrong with you.

Oh, right. Fucking coward.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #22
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
How bored or sensitive do you have to be to care about...any of that?
I dunno, what was it that you were feeling that reached such a level that you felt it necessary to engage and express your opinion?

To your implied point, yes, it is a far better use of time to ignore trolling assholes. Guess I'll start a list since they seem to have the run of the place here, much as the practice feeds the idea of echo chambers.

I only wish, I don't know, some *malicious and bad faith pattern of behavior* was taken into account when moderating this site and its users? Maybe it is. But wouldn't it be nice to be able to talk about things here without threads being poisoned in a proxy fight from someone's conception of a culture war?

How do you have conversations about art and experience if the idea of talking about feelings and perspective is so triggering to a certain subset of users here?
Old 06-22-2019, 11:08 PM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
I dunno, what was it that you were feeling that reached such a level that you felt it necessary to engage and express your opinion?

To your implied point, yes, it is a far better use of time to ignore trolling assholes. Guess I'll start a list since they seem to have the run of the place here, much as the practice feeds the idea of echo chambers.

I only wish, I don't know, some *malicious and bad faith pattern of behavior* was taken into account when moderating this site and its users? Maybe it is. But wouldn't it be nice to be able to talk about things here without threads being poisoned in a proxy fight from someone's conception of a culture war?

How do you have conversations about art and experience if the idea of talking about feelings and perspective is so triggering to a certain subset of users here?
There are plenty of SJW'ish liberal echo chamber gaming sites out there, I get the feeling perhaps Evil Avatar is not the place for you.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:05 AM   #24
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Take the politics to the off-topic forums, please. Stick to the movies in the movies threads!
Old 06-23-2019, 11:30 AM   #25
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Take the politics to the off-topic forums, please. Stick to the movies in the movies threads!
Tell Hollyweird and it's actors that.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #26
Terran
Evil Dead

I am so uninterested in films right now. WTF do I care what crap HollyTyphus is pumping out when I have a summer filled with the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Yellowstone, and on and on and on? They're stuck pimping out repeats of past creative brilliance, but they lack the brilliance or creativity to make it the reruns work. And then they're dumb enough to think that since they're famous actors/directors/producers, their opinions are somehow significant and they can piss off a huge portion of the audience without impact.

Pardon me while I enjoy a cold beer watching bison and pronghorn in Lamar Valley instead. I encourage you all to get out and enjoy your summer away from a screen! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #27
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

And yet, here you are, posting in a movie thread about how uninterested in movies you are and that people would be better off not watching movies.

Right after a site admin says "Hey, discuss movies in the movie thread."

"Just piped in to say I'm so much better than this and that I view everyone in the film business with contempt." What a fucking tool. On the list you go.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:40 AM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Old 06-24-2019, 09:49 AM   #29
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Tell Hollyweird and it's actors that.
I wish I could. Iíve started to ignore them and just enjoy or not enjoy the movies and not worry about what the writers, directors or actors say.

Itís a shame, because I had to remove pretty much every ďpersonĒ from my twitter feed to keep it from getting bogged down with politics. I just want to hear about movies, toys and games. Iíve had enough politics to last a lifetime.

Iíll get the new box office thread up in a couple of hours before I go to bed.

The Mrs is hogging up my home office this morning with actual work so Iím stuck on the tablet for a few hours.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:59 AM   #30
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
And yet, here you are
Yes, here I am, discussing my disinterest in the movies on offer from Hollyweird! No, not everyone in the film industry is worthy of contempt, just in the range of 90% of them.

And yes, I am better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart