Pure Evil - Skunked Out...
Last post by Metal Jesus
Today 10:14 AM
16 Replies, 929 Views

Old 05-20-2019, 06:55 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

John Wick Defeats Everyone!

Earthís Mightiest Heroes put up a good fight, but John Wick put at end to the three-week box office reign of Avengers: Endgame.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of May 17th to May 19th, 2019.
  1. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum $57.0/$57.0
  2. Avengers: Endgame $29.4/$770.8
  3. Pokemon Detective Pikachu $24.8/$94.0
  4. A Dog's Journey $8.0/$8.0
  5. The Hustle $6.0/$23.1
  6. The Intruder $4.0/$28.0
  7. Long Shot $3.4/$25.7
  8. The Sun Is Also a Star $2.6/$2.6
  9. Poms $2.0/$10.0
  10. Uglydolls $1.6/$17.2
  11. Breakthrough $1.0/$38.9
  12. The Curse of La Llorona $.885/$53.0
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

John Wick 3: Review (Spoilers)

The quick summary: I’ll never watch that again.

John Wick was, of course, an amazing film. All of the violence, all of the bullets, perfectly choreographed to perfection. Each head shot making sense. The carnage justified in the first act of violence against his dog. It was one of the best action films I’ve seen.

John Wick 2 extended the universe, featured some cool moments, but could never have been as good as the first film. When you expand from a very rounded film, it’s difficult to capture the same essence. Both still great films.

John Wick 3, on the other hand, goes too far. I’ve never read the comic, or books (if there are any?), so I’m just going from what I’m watching. The opening scenes were quite good, albeit a bit cgi heavy in a couple of places, but that that soon tailed off when he went abroad. Halle Berry (beautiful lady) trained like a crazy person for this film and, thankfully, she did kick some serious rear.

The negative aspect is that you then share the screen with John Wick. The following fight didn’t seem as tight, especially when incorporating such fast action. There are also the two dogs to throw into the mix.

After that, once back at the hotel, the film recovered slightly until the messy end fights. Mark Dacascos deserved more.

It simply isn’t as good as the first two, in my opinion, which leads me to never wanting to watch it again. It’s a shame as Mr. Wick is a fantastic character. Hopefully the fourth film will ground itself a little more.

You may love it, especially a certain knife to eye scene, which the entire cinema winced at. There were moments of grandeur, great violence with higher stakes, but it still suffers due to the first two being really good films.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #3
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Endgame needs about 180 mil and change to beat Avatar. Might make it. It is gonna start to be showing in less places soon tho as its numbers drop.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:47 PM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I am interested in seeing how Aladdin with the Fresh Jinn of Bel Air does. Does it dominate like the real life Beauty and the Beast or is it a Whoopee Cushion like the real life Dumbo?

I personally don't like any of the live action remakes I recognize I am not the audience.

I expect it to do somewhere in between based on the star power of Will Smith, but the Lion King is going to do bonkers dollars. Maybe more than any of the live action Disney releases put together.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
LostToys
Evil Dead

Lion King at least is entirely CG which will help people ease into a "live-action" adaption of one of the more formidable Disney films of the 90s. Aladdin has no real audience because there is no way to match the glits, glam and musical numbers of the animation. Everything looks artificially cheap, and it is not going to fly.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:12 PM   #6
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Yeah I saw John Wick 3. 120 minutes of action, 10 minutes of dialogue and story. It was... kind of tedious. Not as good as first two.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Saw it this afternoon. My wife and I enjoyed it, moreso myself because the gore doesn't make me cover my face like she does (boy, books sure do come in handy in the library for self defense! lol). I'd say the series is offering a bit of diminishing returns, mainly because it has one note (choreographed over-the-top violence) that it hammers repeatedly, but I loved the first one and the next two have only declined a little bit in my estimation.

Reeves is awesome. Berry was 'okay.' The dogs were amazing. They were awesome. The line about her dogs was hilarious too. You'll know what I mean when you've heard it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:10 AM   #8
Booda
Beam another Blast

John Wick... the thinking manís Fast & Furious.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
John Wick... the thinking manís Fast & Furious.
That's a low bar.

And might I add, it barely makes it over that bar, too.
Quote:
Old 05-26-2019, 09:41 PM   #10
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

@Excalibur1814

The quick summary: Iíll never watch that again.

John Wick was, of course, an amazing film. All of the violence, all of the bullets, perfectly choreographed to perfection. Each head shot making sense. The carnage justified in the first act of violence against his dog. It was one of the best action films Iíve seen.

John Wick 2 extended the universe, featured some cool moments, but could never have been as good as the first film. When you expand from a very rounded film, itís difficult to capture the same essence. Both still great films.

John Wick 3, on the other hand, goes too far. Iíve never read the comic, or books (if there are any?), so Iím just going from what Iím watching. The opening scenes were quite good, albeit a bit cgi heavy in a couple of places, but that that soon tailed off when he went abroad. Halle Berry (beautiful lady) trained like a crazy person for this film and, thankfully, she did kick some serious rear.

The negative aspect is that you then share the screen with John Wick. The following fight didnít seem as tight, especially when incorporating such fast action. There are also the two dogs to throw into the mix.

After that, once back at the hotel, the film recovered slightly until the messy end fights. Mark Dacascos deserved more.

It simply isnít as good as the first two, in my opinion, which leads me to never wanting to watch it again. Itís a shame as Mr. Wick is a fantastic character. Hopefully the fourth film will ground itself a little more.

You may love it, especially a certain knife to eye scene, which the entire cinema winced at. There were moments of grandeur, great violence with higher stakes, but it still suffers due to the first two being really good films.

That's a lot of extra tags and a fail for poor color choice. You could have just used the spoiler tags like i did above. And then you only spoil it for people who highlight the empty space in your message.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:19 PM   #11
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
Aladdin has no real audience because there is no way to match the glits, glam and musical numbers of the animation. Everything looks artificially cheap, and it is not going to fly.
Woopsie!

Quote:
Disney’s live-action “Aladdin” is flying high with an estimated $105 million in North America during the four-day Memorial Day holiday weekend.

It’s the sixth-highest Memorial Day weekend total ever, topping the 2011 mark of $103.4 million for “The Hangover Part II.” The top total came in 2007, when “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End” took in $139 million in its first four days. “Aladdin” is also dominating moviegoing internationally with $121 million in 56 markets.

“Aladdin” has outperformed Disney’s pre-opening domestic projections, which were in the $75 million to $85 million range for the four days, as it took in $86.1 million in its first three days. The reboot of the original 1992 animated movie — which generated $502 million in worldwide box office — stars Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Will Smith as the Genie, Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Marwan Kenzari as Jafar. Guy Ritchie directed “Aladdin,” produced by Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich.

Comscore’s PostTrak general audience survey found that 67% of patrons said they would “definitely recommend” the film to their friends. Notably, 39% said their affection for the original was their primary reason for seeing the film, a high percentage that reflects moviegoers’ love for the “Aladdin” brand and the characters in the film.
Hey, you tried, right?
Quote:

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart