Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Batwoman TV Show Joins...
Last post by vallor
Today 04:13 PM
4 Replies, 413 Views
No Man's Sky Next Trailer
Last post by karaliusbronius
Today 03:18 PM
2 Replies, 367 Views
The story of Thrill...
Last post by LostToys
Today 03:02 PM
1 Replies, 220 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by vallor
Today 02:55 PM
1,982 Replies, 214,265 Views
Call of Duty: Black Ops...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 01:49 PM
0 Replies, 171 Views
Microtransactions have...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 01:32 PM
3 Replies, 348 Views
What's behind Nintendo's...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 10:45 AM
23 Replies, 1,435 Views
Four years after it was...
Last post by ministryofwrath
Today 08:14 AM
6 Replies, 866 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff
 
Emabulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 31,001
Blog Entries: 58
PS4 Sales More than Double Xbox One and Wii U #PS4 #XboxOne #WiiU


Quote:
AlphaOmegaSin talks about how the PlayStation 4 has 70-90% of the EU's console market share compared to the XBOX ONE sales and the Wii U sales. This made me start looking at the sales of XBOX ONE vs PS4 or even PS4 vs Wii U. Thought this would be an ideal way to discuss how certain things can be changed or affected by this depending on the region etc.
The PlayStation 4 has 70-90% of the EU's console market share
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Why is he counting the WiiU? Even the Vita has more sales than it.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
And yet it really makes for a very strange gaming landscape. Japan is cold on the PS4. Or at least they were last i heard. Square even admits that a big part of the reason why they announced the FF7 remake without it being any sort of game yet is because they are trying to get people to buy PS4s before FFXV comes out. There just isn't a big enough installed user base to release to in that country.

So you have tons of people buying pS4s in Europe, but Europe has very different gaming tastes than both the US and Japan. Meanwhile the US has different tastes than either region and the Xbox One is doing at least marginally well here, which splits the user base.

For a developer, it has to be hard to know what to make these days.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #4
ldi222
Evil Dead
 
ldi222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD.
Posts: 1,493
Europe is also heavily PC so this gives MS an even better reason to embrace and extend Xbone on Windows 10. I think it's very healthy for consumers for PS4 to be doing so well but as a western gamer, I'm much happier with a PC and Xbox One.
ldi222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #5
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Why is he counting the WiiU? Even the Vita has more sales than it.
Then why didn't he count the 3DS which DESTROYS the vita and outsold the PS4 in februrary? Oh. Yeah. It's a different market.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
wildcard
Soul Reaper
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 237
If Microsoft can get the win10-X1 cross platform gaming right and make it a staple of pc games It will be huge win for everyone. I hope they do as what games my friends get are split almost 50/50 console/pc. They just need to add m/kb support for the x1 and pick up some good rts games.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:57 AM   #7
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Then why didn't he count the 3DS which DESTROYS the vita and outsold the PS4 in februrary? Oh. Yeah. It's a different market.
Which 3DS? The one they resold to you, the XL or the 2DS? Man even the Dreamcast did better than the Wii U.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:59 AM   #8
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Also I hope it outsold the Ps4 thing isn't 400 bucks. Glad Nintendo is focusing on something thou.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:27 AM   #9
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Why is he counting the WiiU? Even the Vita has more sales than it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Which 3DS? The one they resold to you, the XL or the 2DS? Man even the Dreamcast did better than the Wii U.
lol. LOL! The same DS that owns the handheld market and has more quality games then any home console, and has sold better, but no one mentions in these types of discussions, because it's irrelevant, as it's an entirely different market.

You're the one who brought up the Vita, genius.

3DS: 52.06 million units as of March
PS4: 22.2 million units as of May
Vita: 7 million units as of June

But who cares, it's completely unrelated to the N.A. home dedicated console conversation. Now stop trolling me, damn it You're Rommel. I know you are.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:47 AM   #10
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Pokemon and Fire Emblem is great on the 3DS, yes.

And um...er Bravely Default? Also MM port!

3DS has all these 4 games!

Ps4 (released 2013 Nov 400 bucks) so far only has 3! lol you fail Ps4 Nintendo for life!

3DS (released 2011 many iterations 200 bucks) wins at having most wanted games of all times!




YAY!
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:51 AM   #11
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
inb4 you miss the entire point of the comparison of how poorly the Vita is doing and is supported by 3rd parties only and how worse Nintendo's console is doing right now...NX is gonna be our savior!
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #12
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Pokemon and Fire Emblem is great on the 3DS, yes.

And um...er Bravely Default? Also MM port!

3DS has all these 4 games!

Ps4 (released 2013 Nov 400 bucks) so far only has 3! lol you fail Ps4 Nintendo for life!

3DS (released 2011 many iterations 200 bucks) wins at having most wanted games of all times!

YAY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
inb4 you miss the entire point of the comparison of how poorly the Vita is doing and is supported by 3rd parties only and how worse Nintendo's console is doing right now...NX is gonna be our savior!

Haha, I wonder if Emabulator just did that 3DS drive for "just 4 good games". I wonder if it sold 7 times more then the Vita because it has 4 good games. I enjoy your equation, which is apparently "Less good games = more units sold!" Collectively, video game consumers are dumb, but not that dumb. Anyway, why I'm continuing to partake in your trolling is beyond me. Lack of sleep maybe. I got up too early. No, I know. Because like every other asshole on the internet, I have to be "right".

P.S. NX is gonna be our savior
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 07-03-2015 at 07:08 AM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:09 AM   #13
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Um...it is pretty common sense what happened but since you are slow I will gladly explain.

Well the 3DS didn't sell until it got it's franchises out and was fully backed by Nintendo. Also that price drop worked well for them! So we have

1. Backing by Nintendo
2. Established fans (me-ex anyway I bought 3!)
3. Established titles
4. Cheap memory
5. Retailer support
6. Commercial after commercial and ads
7. POKEMON/Mario (It sold MANY systems)

What happened with the Vita

1. Expensive memory card
2. NO First party support aside from select titles/ most mainstream ppl and casuals WANT First party titles not Gust or Atlus games.
3. Sony dropped support altogether after 2 years leaving it to the publishers in Japan where it's audience is. Later adopted the whole "PS4 accessory". sigh
4. Shits all over 3DS specs/controls/interface wise yet it concentrated on Ps3 ports.

Even then...it outsold the WiiU which has...SMASH! GASP!
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #14
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Um...it is pretty common sense what happened but since you are slow I will gladly explain.

Well the 3DS didn't sell until it got it's franchises out and was fully backed by Nintendo. Also that price drop worked well for them! So we have

1. Backing by Nintendo
2. Established fans (me-ex anyway I bought 3!)
3. Established titles
4. Cheap memory
5. Retailer support
6. Commercial after commercial and ads
7. POKEMON/Mario (It sold MANY systems)

What happened with the Vita

1. Expensive memory card
2. NO First party support aside from select titles/ most mainstream ppl and casuals WANT First party titles not Gust or Atlus games.
3. Sony dropped support altogether after 2 years leaving it to the publishers in Japan where it's audience is. Later adopted the whole "PS4 accessory". sigh
4. Shits all over 3DS specs/controls/interface wise yet it concentrated on Ps3 ports.

Even then...it outsold the WiiU which has...SMASH! GASP!
Thank you for laying it all like that. Nintendo actually supported and promoted their handheld, and it's done well. Makes sense to me.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:01 AM   #15
shadow763
Lord of Woe
 
shadow763's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,318
I would play zero games on the 3DS. Using that thing is terrible, the games look terrible, they are overpriced and never drop in price quickly enough, and there is not one good thing on there I would want to play. I find it hilarious how most generations nintendos hold on the handheld market is what keeps them in any game.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:07 AM   #16
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
I would play zero games on the 3DS. Using that thing is terrible, the games look terrible, they are overpriced and never drop in price quickly enough, and there is not one good thing on there I would want to play. I find it hilarious how most generations nintendos hold on the handheld market is what keeps them in any game.
Doesn't compute. Sorry.

"The 3DS is a piece of shit!"
"Nintendo's handhelds keep Nintendo afloat."

You can't have it both ways. Either way, 52 million sold. They're doing something right in that space.

Unless you're trying to imply that the 3DS sold so well because consumers are stupid. In that case, I'll bite, and tell you that it's even more retarded that console consumers buy $400 antiquated hardware based on "performance" for 4 games worth playing in a 2-3 year span.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:09 AM   #17
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Thank you for laying it all like that. Nintendo actually supported and promoted their handheld, and it's done well. Makes sense to me.
Outside the retro-shaft (New New 3DS ala GB Color only games) it has supported the portable now if they actually did something about the current console situation...
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:59 AM   #18
ashikenshin
Subscriber
 
ashikenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Outside the retro-shaft (New New 3DS ala GB Color only games) it has supported the portable now if they actually did something about the current console situation...
I don't think they will, it's a lost cause and the returns from their investments wouldn't be worth it.

Looking forward to the next Nintendo console, hopefully next time they don't decide graphics don't matter because clearly they do. Unless the thing you are selling is indie shit.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #19
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead
 
ElektroDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 10,402
I was really interested in what he had to say, but why did I have to be exposed to swearing EVERY OTHER WORD? I mean I think it's like an art form at this point, I can't even comprehend how he thinks to add a swear word so often and still speaks intelligibly. I was trying to think back what he said, and all I could remember is a string of "fuck shit fucking shit fuck ass".
__________________
Proud to be perma-banned 5 times on NeoGAF.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #20
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead
 
Dag-Sabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hai Shi Dao Hotsprings
Posts: 4,341
This guy is an idiot. I don't know why they bother posting his shit. Xbox never sold well in Japan never mind the xbone. Didn't bother with the rest because of the needless swearing and bullshit attitude.
__________________
...using emotionally-laden bold fonts.
Dag-Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ps4, wii u, xbox one

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 PM.