Oh my god I want mario maker so bad.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:11 PM   #42
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
Why? Not a troll question either, I'd seriously like to understand what the draw is in 80's platforming with no story/plot or real reason to even bother when you know most user made levels likely will be crap. And even those that are good there's still no actual point to playing through them.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:23 PM   #43
Syl
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Why? Not a troll question either, I'd seriously like to understand what the draw is in 80's platforming with no story/plot or real reason to even bother when you know most user made levels likely will be crap. And even those that are good there's still no actual point to playing through them.
To get to the end of something new. That is the only reason I need. Especially if it takes skill to get to the end. Then you do it better.

I'm the kind of guy who tried to 100% Super Meat Boy. (I got close, 95% or so, but those final hell levels just got too difficult.)
Old 08-31-2015, 03:26 PM   #44
Syl
Evil Dead

Speaking of 80's platforming, damn Shovel Knight was a good game, and I really hope that Mighty Number 9 is as good as the older megaman titles. Vvvvvv was great, Enjoyed the fuck out of both newer Rayman titles, Orochi and the Blind Forest was fantastic, can't wait to give Axiom Verge a shot... I need to pick up Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze...
Old 08-31-2015, 03:29 PM   #45
Syl
Evil Dead

I'm also the kind of guy who already went out looking for Mario Level Hacks so I know that people can make some incredible stuff, this just allows for easier sharing of it.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #46
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
Yup, already pre-ordered. Simply cant wait to get this. I'm already scheming with a buddy of mine to create ridiculous levels for each other and force the other to play it. I'm going to lose months creating/playing.

I've already started drafting up level designs. I'm interested in reproducing levels from other games as accurately as I can. I've got a mock for Altered Beast actually, that requires you to make a scrolling level. Going to give Zelda II and some others a try as well.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:03 PM   #47
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Still not getting the draw. Gotta be one of those to each their own things.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:42 PM   #48
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Still not getting the draw. Gotta be one of those to each their own things.
Exactly!

I'm looking forward to making levels and seeing my friends try them while playing theirs as well. And playing the more popular levels and following their creators online appeals to me. Lastly, my son is psyched for the game and any game we're both excited for should be pretty memorable.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:55 PM   #49
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Exactly!

I'm looking forward to making levels and seeing my friends try them while playing theirs as well. And playing the more popular levels and following their creators online appeals to me. Lastly, my son is psyched for the game and any game we're both excited for should be pretty memorable.
Kids involved is one thing, that I get. Being in your 30's and being excited to play mario bros on the other hand... yeah, just don't get it. But again to each their own.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:22 PM   #50
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Kids involved is one thing, that I get. Being in your 30's and being excited to play mario bros on the other hand... yeah, just don't get it. But again to each their own.
Again it's one of those "to each his own things." I just turned 40 and I still love a good Mario game even if the kids aren't playing. I've got a few gaming friends that feel the same way. Some are dads and some aren't. You enjoy what you enjoy. I myself don't necessarily feel that I'm acting more grown up for playing an M rated game but I don't begrudge those who do. Personal taste is a funny thing.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:59 PM   #51
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Again it's one of those "to each his own things." I just turned 40 and I still love a good Mario game even if the kids aren't playing. I've got a few gaming friends that feel the same way. Some are dads and some aren't. You enjoy what you enjoy. I myself don't necessarily feel that I'm acting more grown up for playing an M rated game but I don't begrudge those who do. Personal taste is a funny thing.
No I hear that, I guess at this point I need more than just platforming. Granted since nearly EVERY NES game was a platformer to some extent, I think it burnt me out to the point where I never want to play a platformer for as long as I live.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:09 PM   #52
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Recommend grown up games please. All i know is Nintendo. Help me in my journey for intellectual progress.

Oh, and they better not suck.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:01 AM   #53
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Recommend grown up games please. All i know is Nintendo. Help me in my journey for intellectual progress.

NHL 2099
Call of Duty 84
and
Generic BioCock game

Old 09-01-2015, 04:30 AM   #54
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post

LOL, Restructuring a Mortgage Simulator 2014 - Remastered. Coping With Aging HD.

There are no "grown up" games. They're all meant for fun entertainment. In my 30s, I'm much more picky then I ever was. The game has to be really good in order for me to consider playing it, because I get maybe 1/6th the time I used to for games.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintnedo, super mario maker, wii u