Last post by timmyd
Today 12:42 PM
22 Replies, 1,939 Views

Old 02-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #21
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
If we're talking about visual fidelity outside of the PC realm, I'd end up going with the One X for multiplatform titles. I mean, it's just better, hands down.
Great for multi-platform, but absolute balls for exclusives. It is the reason I upgraded my PS4 Pro but not my Xbox One Day One Edition. I use the PC for multi-platform and PS4 Pro for console only titles.

Too bad Capcom is doing the typical Japanese developer thing and keeping the PC release 8 to 12 months apart from the console release.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #22
ashikenshin
Subscriber

I am enjoying this game too much on the PS4 right now. While I would love to play this on the PC, I think my enjoyment is enhanced by all my friends who are playing as well and don't own a gaming pc.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:47 AM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
If we're talking about visual fidelity outside of the PC realm, I'd end up going with the One X for multiplatform titles. I mean, it's just better, hands down.

I, too, understand how someone's sexuality is applicable to this discussion.

You're in your 40's? I would have guessed you were at least half that age, based on how you behave like a kid who just discovered the word "fuck".
Lol good effort Chimpout, whining about maturity on a video game forum and getting upset that not everyone loves your precious little Nintendo. Oh nos big salty crocodile tears!!! Do the world a favor off yourself you sniveling douche.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #24
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Lol good effort Chimpout, whining about maturity on a video game forum and getting upset that not everyone loves your precious little Nintendo. Oh nos big salty crocodile tears!!! Do the world a favor off yourself you sniveling douche.
I think Chimpbot has said before he doesn't care how you feel about Nintendo or any other company. I think he was just wondering about your comment:

Quote:
I'm sure there's a lot of straight males in their 30's, early 40's that feel exactly the same. There's alot of us that just don't care for the experiences Nintendo gives anymore.
I wonder if he mused that your identity, your sexual identity, and your sense of your own masculinity are so fragile that you have them tied into things like what kinds of video game hardware you own or what kind of video games you play.

That was the sense I got anyway. It didn't seem to me, in that post anyway, like he was upset that you don't like Nintendo. You might have just misunderstood him.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #25
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
You're just absolutely precious.

As I've mentioned before, I really don't care if you - or anyone, for that matter - likes or dislikes Nintendo. Or Sony. Or Microsoft. It doesn't matter to me. I'm also not sure how I was whining about maturity; I was simply surprised to find out you're apparently in your 40's. Could have fooled me!

Keep on telling people to kill themselves, bud. I hope that works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I wonder if he mused that your identity, your sexual identity, and your sense of your own masculinity are so fragile that you have them tied into things like what kinds of video game hardware you own or what kind of video games you play.
Some people their own sense of self-worth and masculinity into their possessions; you see it every day with short guys and their massive pickup trucks.

I went from being generally amused (with a touch of annoyance) by Spectral to just feeling kind of...well, sad, really.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Most adults wouldn't be interested in games aimed at children. You can dispute that til you're blue in the face, it doesn't make it any less true. Less so for those without kids. That stating as such seems to bunch up your panties as much as it does is precious.

In case you forgot the tagline to this site is daily gaming news with attitude. That you take shit that serious as to get offended how you do towards certain posters is also precious. Incidentally don't you have some Muslims to go white knight for somewhere?
Old 02-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #27
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Nobody takes this stuff more seriously than you Spec. The second somone mentions Nintendo, you come charging in like a silverback with your mouth frothing in rage.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Nobody takes this stuff more seriously than you Spec. The second somone mentions Nintendo, you come charging in like a silverback with your mouth frothing in rage.
Eh not really Chief, it's a message board, it'd be nice to actually discuss games and companies and the way the industry is going regardless if people don't like what I have to say, at the end of the day it's an opinion. I don't get butthurt that Pat may think Zelda is the greatest game since sliced bread, I don't share his opinion obviously but he's welcome to have it. Chimp on the other hand has a chip on his shoulder about it almost as big as Jaz's is about race, like he can't let a single post go without trying to tell people how wrong they are blah blah blah. Personally I think what Nintendo has done the last few cycles has held them back from truly being innovative and pushing their own IP forward rather than recreating what are essentially the same games from 30 years ago with better visuals. Though again as I've said time and time again I loathe platformers, I didn't like them much in the 80's either but the tech was so limited back then it was understandable. Now? There's no excuse to churn out the same ol same ol.

When you look at what companies like Williams/Midway/the remnants of Atari Coin (really all one company since Williams was the parent company for Bally/Midway and the arcade division of Atari back then) was doing with the tech available at the time, games like T-Mek, the majority of the Williams pinball tables, Midway games like Mortal Kombat, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, and NBA Jam etc it was pretty revolutionary given the time period. Nintendo? They were still making mario brothers.. over and over and over and over.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:55 AM   #29
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Most adults wouldn't be interested in games aimed at children. You can dispute that til you're blue in the face, it doesn't make it any less true. Less so for those without kids. That stating as such seems to bunch up your panties as much as it does is precious.
If a game is fun, then its fun and worth my time. I don't get hung up on my "image" when it comes to the sorts of games I play. I'm just as likely to play something like Monster Hunter as I am a Mario game. My wife is excited about the upcoming Spyro remasters, which is something I'll also probably end up playing...because they're fun games.

The fact that people enjoy games outside of your definition of "fun" or "adult" really seems to bother you.

Quote:
In case you forgot the tagline to this site is daily gaming news with attitude.
Ah, yes. The line that gets dragged out to justify shitty behavior.

Quote:
That you take shit that serious as to get offended how you do towards certain posters is also precious.

Quote:
Incidentally don't you have some Muslims to go white knight for somewhere?
You truly are special. Today, I learned that "White Knight for Muslims" means "Repeatedly pointing out the fact that radical Islamic terrorists are one of the greatest threats on this planet". Huh. Who knew?

Why you feel the need to trot out your blatantly incorrect assessment time and again is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
This is the first Monster Hunter game I've played. As a newb, I gotta say, it's tough to get used to.
-I need to learn not to button-mash
-Learn the "tells" of the monsters because there is no health bars (when it's time to trap, when to dodge in a timely fashion, etc.)
-How to mount the monster successfully (only do it by accident with the Insect Glaive)
-Ultimately, learn how to stop sucking at this game
This is my first MH game as well; the learning curve is pretty steep, but I'm enjoying it so far...for the most part. I've noticed that it's fairly easy to get stun locked, which never makes for a good time.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 02-14-2018 at 07:45 AM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:50 AM   #30
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
I don't get butthurt that Pat may think Zelda is the greatest game since sliced bread...

When you look at what companies like Williams/Midway/the remnants of Atari Coin (really all one company since Williams was the parent company for Bally/Midway and the arcade division of Atari back then) was doing with the tech available at the time, games like T-Mek, the majority of the Williams pinball tables, Midway games like Mortal Kombat, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, and NBA Jam etc it was pretty revolutionary given the time period. Nintendo? They were still making mario brothers.. over and over and over and over.
They're good games, man. (Zelda)

I played the absolute hell out of Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II. I liked Mortal Kombat II so much, that when I was maybe 11, I hurt my hand playing basketball (I think I broke a finger and had a finger splint on that got in the way), so for a few days I practiced playing MK2 with my left hand on the d-pad, and my foot pushing the controllers buttons, so I could still beat my cousin.

NBA Jam was a constant rental for me. Not only did I play NBA Jam to no end, I played the college version, College Slam all the time as well. I picked the Massachusetts Minutemen every time. I can still remember the sound of the announcer saying "The Minutement win the game!"

I don't exclusively like Zelda. They're just great games as well. Some of my favorites of all time. And yes, Nintendo continues to make them. But that's because the IP continues to not only survive over decades, but thrive. Because they're good. It's a pretty big deal when any IP can survive that long and still put out top notch games. Why wouldn't Nintendo continue to produce them?

Maybe Ford shouldn't produce Mustangs any longer, because they've been doing it for so long.

Games are about having fun with your hobby. Not worrying about how the game effects your "image". I care a LOT less about what kind of artistic package the game comes in, than the most important question. "Am I having fun playing this game?". I think that's the ultimate judgement question for a game. Everything else is secondary.

And just to be clear here. I'm not upset. I'm not whining that you don't like Nintendo. You can hate Zelda and Nintendo. I'll still sleep at night, I promise. I'm having a "conversation" with you. I'm telling you why I'm a bit of a Zelda/Nintendo IP "fanboy". I think your reasons for hating Nintendo are confounding, but that's just my opinion.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #31
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
They're good games, man. (Zelda)

I played the absolute hell out of Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II. I liked Mortal Kombat II so much, that when I was maybe 11, I hurt my hand playing basketball (I think I broke a finger and had a finger splint on that got in the way), so for a few days I practiced playing MK2 with my left hand on the d-pad, and my foot pushing the controllers buttons, so I could still beat my cousin.

NBA Jam was a constant rental for me. Not only did I play NBA Jam to no end, I played the college version, College Slam all the time as well. I picked the Massachusetts Minutemen every time. I can still remember the sound of the announcer saying "The Minutement win the game!"

I don't exclusively like Zelda. They're just great games as well. Some of my favorites of all time. And yes, Nintendo continues to make them. But that's because the IP continues to not only survive over decades, but thrive. Because they're good. It's a pretty big deal when any IP can survive that long and still put out top notch games. Why wouldn't Nintendo continue to produce them?

Maybe Ford shouldn't produce Mustangs any longer, because they've been doing it for so long.

Games are about having fun with your hobby. Not worrying about how the game effects your "image". I care a LOT less about what kind of artistic package the game comes in, than the most important question. "Am I having fun playing this game?". I think that's the ultimate judgement question for a game. Everything else is secondary.

And just to be clear here. I'm not upset. I'm not whining that you don't like Nintendo. You can hate Zelda and Nintendo. I'll still sleep at night, I promise. I'm having a "conversation" with you. I'm telling you why I'm a bit of a Zelda/Nintendo IP "fanboy". I think your reasons for hating Nintendo are confounding, but that's just my opinion.
I never said they were truly BAD games just not games I want to play anymore. Also never said you weren't allowed to enjoy them by any means. If you truly thought that this whole time, you've been way off base.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:44 PM   #32
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
I never said they were truly BAD games just not games I want to play anymore. Also never said you weren't allowed to enjoy them by any means. If you truly thought that this whole time, you've been way off base.
I dunno, man. When you regularly spout shit like this...

Quote:
Most adults wouldn't be interested in games aimed at children. You can dispute that til you're blue in the face, it doesn't make it any less true. Less so for those without kids.
...it gives a strong impression that you don't approve of anyone you consider to be "too old" enjoying those sorts of games. While you're not technically saying that folks aren't allowed to enjoy Nintendo's titles...you're pretty much stopping just short of it.

You've been way too judgemental over the past year to suddenly try to walk it back.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #33
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Kinda gotta agree Spec. Wasn't it you who said that the only adults who would enjoy Nintendo properties had to be pedophiles?

Perhaps I'm mis-remembering that...
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #34
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I dunno, man. When you regularly spout shit like this...

...it gives a strong impression that you don't approve of anyone you consider to be "too old" enjoying those sorts of games. While you're not technically saying that folks aren't allowed to enjoy Nintendo's titles...you're pretty much stopping just short of it.

You've been way too judgemental over the past year to suddenly try to walk it back.
Exactly because I personally don't understand the appeal at that point. That's not the same thing as saying I don't enjoy them so no one else should.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #35
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
He isn't likely right, he's absolutely right. I'll give Nintendo credit, their Switch is selling and that's great for them. Personally I have no interest in Nintendo IP, and if I'm getting a cross platform title that isn't on PC, it's going to be on the PS4, for the visual fidelity, and I'm sure there's a lot of straight males in their 30's, early 40's that feel exactly the same. There's alot of us that just don't care for the experiences Nintendo gives anymore. It was great when I was 10. Now that I'm in my 40's, it just does nothing for me.

PS4 for the visual fidelity?! Are you stuck in 2014 sir? It's 2018. The Xbox One X blows the doors off the PS4 AND PS4 Pro in visual fidelity.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:52 PM   #36
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

The most upsetting thing about that list is that crap game like Persona 5 got more awards than any other non-Nintendo thing.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:12 AM   #37
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Exactly because I personally don't understand the appeal at that point. That's not the same thing as saying I don't enjoy them so no one else should.
No, you pretty much consistently state that people of a certain age shouldn't enjoy certain games. You've called folks "cucked fags" and "pedophiles" for it.

We know you don't like their offerings. We know you don't understand the appeal. We've known since the Switch was announced.

We get it. No, really. We do.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:16 AM   #38
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
The most upsetting thing about that list is that crap game like Persona 5 got more awards than any other non-Nintendo thing.
Yeah, this is why I don't take awards seriously. They really don't represent what I think is good and what isn't.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:08 AM   #39
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
PS4 for the visual fidelity?! Are you stuck in 2014 sir? It's 2018. The Xbox One X blows the doors off the PS4 AND PS4 Pro in visual fidelity.
PC Dragon. PC. To be honest there's very little I play on consoles, I just didn't feel like waiting on this one.

Tags
capcom, monster hunter world