Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Pure Evil - Job...
Last post by LostToys
Today 03:05 PM
14 Replies, 338 Views
Disney+ Launches with...
Last post by vallor
Today 01:17 PM
8 Replies, 561 Views
The Evil Avatar Code...
Last post by wunshot
Today 12:17 PM
2 Replies, 297 Views
Is PHYSICAL MEDIA...
Last post by Scherge
Today 10:22 AM
6 Replies, 397 Views
It's Sunday: What NFL...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 08:59 AM
11 Replies, 564 Views
Midway Defeats Doctor...
Last post by MusicToEat
Today 08:52 AM
11 Replies, 679 Views
New Sonic Trailer Debuts...
Last post by Scherge
Today 05:22 AM
8 Replies, 576 Views
Vacation Dreams become...
Last post by Inkabodcrane
Today 05:16 AM
3 Replies, 601 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,481
Blog Entries: 20
Escape from Tarkov Beta - 0.12 Patch Trailer


Quote:
We are pleased to present you the trailer for long awaited Patch 0.12 in Escape from Tarkov!

Get ready for new location, the Hideout management, character clothing customization, new weapons and gear, new bosses and traders and many many other things!
www.escapefromtarkov.com

Thanks, BlackSabbath!
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,481
Blog Entries: 20
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,481
Blog Entries: 20

About Escape from Tarkov:

Quote:
Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough.

With each passing day the situation in the Norvinsk region grows more and more complicated. Incessant warfare in Tarkov has sparked massive panic; the local population has fled the city, but those who stayed are looking to improve their fortunes at the expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, savage Tarkov locals - "Scavs" flocked into well-armed gangs and started the redivision of the city. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups. Gain-greedy gunmen would go to any length to have their way, including the murder of civilians and direct confrontation with the two private military companies.

The players will have to experience living in the skin of one of the mercenaries who survived the initial stage of the Tarkov conflict. After choosing one of the sides – USEC or BEAR – the player’s character starts to make his way out of the city. Tarkov is sealed off by UN and Russian military, supply chains are cut, communication with operational command is lost, and in these conditions everyone has to make his own choices of what to do and how to get out of the chaos-ridden metropolis.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:29 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,481
Blog Entries: 20
Looks like Twilight 2000 the game!
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
BlackSabbath
Squire
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19
It has been the only game i played for just a bit over a year. It has everything Survival, RPG, long term progression, extreme difficulty, attention to detail, player driven market, armor/weapon customization. Just Personal Opinion but its one of the best games ever made and its not even out of beta
BlackSabbath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #6
Augustgold
Knight
 
Augustgold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 42
I own a copy, and I've been playing on and off. Everyone that plays this game is completely insane and I suck so much, but I keep coming back. The game is wiping everyone's inventory when the patch comes out, so i'll be hopping back in when this drops.
__________________
The next-gen EvAv has arrived!
Augustgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:12 AM   #7
BlackSabbath
Squire
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Its just a hard game, a really good player will have 60% survival rate, most players are in 40s. Its like Souls games, you are expected to die alot but when you finally dont its such a rewarding feeling.
BlackSabbath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:56 PM   #8
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead
 
Inkabodcrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,070
I've been looking at this game for awhile. My curiosity is about to get the better of me.
__________________
I used to indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:40 PM   #9
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead
 
MadMurdock_0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Mom's basement
Posts: 538
Looks really cool, but I hate survival games. Oh well, not for me.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:12 PM   #10
BlackSabbath
Squire
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
Looks really cool, but I hate survival games. Oh well, not for me.
Its "survival" as in any other fps shooter.

you start a raid, its 30-60 min long depending on a map. It will put an average of 8-12 players at the same time all over the map. Yours and theirs exits are on the opposite side of a map (maps are huge, 10-15 min of sprinting just to cross from one side to another). As you cross the map you run into each other. You can fight them or avoid them, its up to you.

If you die you lose what you brought in, If you kill a player or AI you get to loot their bodies. fill your backpack and get out. Thats the looting aspect of it.
You also have missions to complete. as you complete missions, you level up traders that sell you better stuff. The way you play also levels your attributes. Playing sneaky levels your character to be more quieter. If you play aggressive it levels your stamina and strength, health etc. Even if you die a lot your character still progresses. In a month your character is much stronger, he runs faster, has less recoil, has more stamina, reloads faster, able to withstand more pain etc.

EFT also has the best weapon modding of any game.

If you never seen gameplay, i suggest watching it on twitch, Shroud, summit1g all stream it for weeks at a time.
BlackSabbath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge
 
Mozain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada eh!
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSabbath View Post
Its "survival" as in any other fps shooter.

you start a raid, its 30-60 min long depending on a map. It will put an average of 8-12 players at the same time all over the map. Yours and theirs exits are on the opposite side of a map (maps are huge, 10-15 min of sprinting just to cross from one side to another). As you cross the map you run into each other. You can fight them or avoid them, its up to you.

If you die you lose what you brought in, If you kill a player or AI you get to loot their bodies. fill your backpack and get out. Thats the looting aspect of it.
You also have missions to complete. as you complete missions, you level up traders that sell you better stuff. The way you play also levels your attributes. Playing sneaky levels your character to be more quieter. If you play aggressive it levels your stamina and strength, health etc. Even if you die a lot your character still progresses. In a month your character is much stronger, he runs faster, has less recoil, has more stamina, reloads faster, able to withstand more pain etc.

EFT also has the best weapon modding of any game.

If you never seen gameplay, i suggest watching it on twitch, Shroud, summit1g all stream it for weeks at a time.
All this tells me is that if I were to start now I'd just be farm material for players who have come before.

I can't imagine the population is there to support any kind of gear/level based matchmaking... But maybe I'm wrong?
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #12
BlackSabbath
Squire
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
All this tells me is that if I were to start now I'd just be farm material for players who have come before.

I can't imagine the population is there to support any kind of gear/level based matchmaking... But maybe I'm wrong?
cheapest bullet from a cheapest gun is a one shot kill to the head doesnt matter if its lvl 1 or lvl 70 player. I would say its 70% tactics, 20% ammo type, 20% equipment. PVP kinda happens while you r playing the game, unless you r looking for it. Maps are huge, there is a chance you wont even come across players.
BlackSabbath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #13
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge
 
Mozain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada eh!
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSabbath View Post
cheapest bullet from a cheapest gun is a one shot kill to the head doesnt matter if its lvl 1 or lvl 70 player. I would say its 70% tactics, 20% ammo type, 20% equipment. PVP kinda happens while you r playing the game, unless you r looking for it. Maps are huge, there is a chance you wont even come across players.
"runs faster, has less recoil, has more stamina, reloads faster, able to withstand more pain etc" does not sound like things that don't matter.

If they don't matter then the progression is hollow and that's another knock against it in my books. Why have progression at all if they don't translate into meaningful gains within the game?

I mean all of that aside, your math is... odd?
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #14
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I-90 Homeless Camp, Seattle, WA
Posts: 8,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
All this tells me is that if I were to start now I'd just be farm material for players who have come before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
"runs faster, has less recoil, has more stamina, reloads faster, able to withstand more pain etc" does not sound like things that don't matter.

If they don't matter then the progression is hollow and that's another knock against it in my books. Why have progression at all if they don't translate into meaningful gains within the game?

I mean all of that aside, your math is... odd?
I agree. It seems like it builds on the same negative feedback loop that killed Shadowbane and undermined Ultima Online to the point they had to introduce a PvE only realm. And frankly all PvP focused games with any collection aspect I can think of. You'll have a small hardcore audience but the brutality of it towards low and mid-level players clamps the number of people who will ever invest much time.

There is a grossly superior playerbase who will farm the sucky to regular player base until they have no stuff because the best stuff is lost every match.

Sure one bullet from a weak gun to the head may kill someone but if you could do that on a regular basis you wouldn't have to worry about the damage profiles of weak weapons.

Luck is not a skill against all the other modifiers a stronger player has at their disposal, and with "perma-loss" in a progression/survival game lower skilled players are just fodder for the fun of the well-equipped player. The strong get stronger and the weak get weaker.

And that's fine if that is the game the developers want to make and it can sustain itself. They must realize their audience is a fraction of what it would be if the game were more approachable. Fortnite is a hard game, many will never get a Victory Royale, however it doesn't matter because the minimal progression there is the player gets to keep. And even the worst loser player will continue progressing in different ways without that progression being retarded by the gameplay.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #15
BlackSabbath
Squire
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Like i said you play the game to progress your character. You gain equipment you open additional missions, you level up your attributes. PVP is there to make your progression as painful as possible. This is a hardcore game, its not casual by any means. It doesnt make everyone equal. You either escape from that raid or you die. You have no idea who else was in that raid with you, no idea who else escaped, or who else got killed.

Its a hard game to explain because of how different it is. Maybe watch someone streaming to get a sense of it

Last edited by BlackSabbath; 10-23-2019 at 04:39 PM..
BlackSabbath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:31 PM   #16
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge
 
Mozain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada eh!
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I agree. It seems like it builds on the same negative feedback loop that killed Shadowbane and undermined Ultima Online to the point they had to introduce a PvE only realm. And frankly all PvP focused games with any collection aspect I can think of. You'll have a small hardcore audience but the brutality of it towards low and mid-level players clamps the number of people who will ever invest much time.

There is a grossly superior playerbase who will farm the sucky to regular player base until they have no stuff because the best stuff is lost every match.

Sure one bullet from a weak gun to the head may kill someone but if you could do that on a regular basis you wouldn't have to worry about the damage profiles of weak weapons.

Luck is not a skill against all the other modifiers a stronger player has at their disposal, and with "perma-loss" in a progression/survival game lower skilled players are just fodder for the fun of the well-equipped player. The strong get stronger and the weak get weaker.

And that's fine if that is the game the developers want to make and it can sustain itself. They must realize their audience is a fraction of what it would be if the game were more approachable. Fortnite is a hard game, many will never get a Victory Royale, however it doesn't matter because the minimal progression there is the player gets to keep. And even the worst loser player will continue progressing in different ways without that progression being retarded by the gameplay.
None of it is an issue as long as there's proper matchmaking. But I don't think this game will ever reach a mass critical enough to ensure that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSabbath View Post
This is a hardcore game, its not casual by any means. It doesnt make everyone equal.
And I'm sorry BlackSabbath, but you and I have very different definitions of what is hardcore and casual. If players aren't on an even field so that only skill determines victory? It's casual.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:43 AM   #17
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
None of it is an issue as long as there's proper matchmaking. But I don't think this game will ever reach a mass critical enough to ensure that.



And I'm sorry BlackSabbath, but you and I have very different definitions of what is hardcore and casual. If players aren't on an even field so that only skill determines victory? It's casual.
How shocking that you believe a game needs to hand hold all of it's players and make it "fair" Skill should determine victory, headshots and accurate shots in this game kill regardless of your stats. That is the very definition of skill determining victory.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:55 AM   #18
Ballistic.
Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33
If you haven't played it, or watched some of the Twitch streams of it, you simply won't really understand the mechanics or game play style of EFT. It is the very essence of a hardcore, authentic (I hate the word realistic), military shooter, from firearm mechanics, damage models (armour actually plays a role) animations, sounds, all are simply a level above most other military shooters out there. I would suggest watching some streams from DeadlySlob and Kotton, both have played the game for a couple years now constantly, and provide a very good look at how the game plays.

Mozain, I'm not sure how being on an even playing field has anything to do with being hardcore or not. A level 5 player with an AKM or Mosin can easily ambush and kill a high level player with some of the best equipment in game. A single bullet can kill if it hits in the right spot, and some of the cheapest rifles in game also have some of the highest damage/armour penetration values, it simply comes down to picking your shots, aiming well, and choosing your fights. If you are going against a 3-4 man squad, chances are you will die quickly. Level really has zero impact early in a wipe, everyone is on a more or less level playing field. Your point is true to a certain extent late wipe cycle when nearly all level 30+ players have all the best gear and new players get owned fairly easily, but again, those same new players sporting a Mosin or AKM and some low level armour have a pretty good chance of dropping a high level with a bit of care.

The biggest issues with the game really come down to performance, netcode issues and rendering issues, all of which have plagued the current 11.7 version. Version 12 is supposed to be fixing or greatly reducing those issues, and I hope it does. Looking forward to getting back into it.
Ballistic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:44 AM   #19
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge
 
Mozain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada eh!
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
How shocking that you believe a game needs to hand hold all of it's players and make it "fair" Skill should determine victory, headshots and accurate shots in this game kill regardless of your stats. That is the very definition of skill determining victory.
Laughable. But again you'll just insert whatever you want regardless of what people actually say.

What to know what I think is hardcore instead of making asinine assumptions? Just ask, it's o.k to ask questions you know.

Hell here it is since I know you're just too shy to ask so you make flippant remarks to cover.

In my opinion the truest test of skill (hardcore) are games that put opponents on equal footing. So we're talking arena shooters (without classes/progression) and fighting games, both with some form of skill based matchmaking. With fighting games if you really want a test, both players pick "random". And ideally it will either a local match or an arcade to reduce frame delay.

Putting opponents of different skill together, who have different "loadouts", and a progression that clearly gives advantage over one another isn't hardcore. It's casual.

And hey, there's nothing wrong with that, there's plenty of casual games I enjoy as well, and maybe this would even be one. Hell I'd likely even give it a shot on a free weekend. But I don't buy early access games since Killing Floor 2. Loved it, but it never really left EA in a timely fashion so by the time it happened I was already done with it.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Laughable. But again you'll just insert whatever you want regardless of what people actually say.

What to know what I think is hardcore instead of making asinine assumptions? Just ask, it's o.k to ask questions you know.

Hell here it is since I know you're just too shy to ask so you make flippant remarks to cover.

In my opinion the truest test of skill (hardcore) are games that put opponents on equal footing. So we're talking arena shooters (without classes/progression) and fighting games, both with some form of skill based matchmaking. With fighting games if you really want a test, both players pick "random". And ideally it will either a local match or an arcade to reduce frame delay.

Putting opponents of different skill together, who have different "loadouts", and a progression that clearly gives advantage over one another isn't hardcore. It's casual.

And hey, there's nothing wrong with that, there's plenty of casual games I enjoy as well, and maybe this would even be one. Hell I'd likely even give it a shot on a free weekend. But I don't buy early access games since Killing Floor 2. Loved it, but it never really left EA in a timely fashion so by the time it happened I was already done with it.
Go back to quake or UT then. You're making claims about a title you obviously haven't played and don't know squat about, which seems to be a theme with you.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
escape from tarkov

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 PM.