Last post by LostToys
Yesterday 05:42 PM
2 Replies, 265 Views

Old 08-20-2019, 05:42 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Comanche Announced for PC

Quote:
CLASSIFIED: Blueprints for RAH-66 "Comanche" have leaked!

Critical security breach reported. Loss of classified military documents confirmed: The Blueprints for the advanced reconnaissance and attack helicopter RAH-66 Comanche have been leaked. The activity of a whistleblower is most likely. As a reaction, SACEUR has authorized THQ Nordic and Nukklear to continue with the production of "Comanche" as fast as possible to counter any possible threat and to start an "Early Access" program in early 2020.

Wait... the Comanche program is back, although it has been canceled after the rise of modern UAVs? Yep, that's the background story for the new take on Comanche, that THQ Nordic and developer Nukklear have announced today. After the Iran-US RQ170 incident from December 2011, in which a UAV was hacked and captured through cyberwarfare, the "RAH-66 Comanche" was brought back to life, and received a new role. Next to reconnaissance and air-to-ground combat, the new Comanche also acts as a carrier of a specialized, non-hackable short-range drone, that is designed to operate in high-risk environments. A new era of helicopter warfare is about to begin ...

With this setting, the new game - simply called Comanche again and based on the legendary gaming franchise from Novalagic - is set to take off 2020. Comanche will begin its early access campaign and lift off as a modern, team-based online multiplayer helicopter shooter. But that's not the only new twist. Besides your Comanche, you will also control a small, armed drone for close-quarters combat and special duties. Each Comanche/drone setup will have its own strengths and weaknesses and fulfill an important role in the objective-based team-vs-team encounters.

Early access will allow the developer to create a new, a modern Comanche experience in cooperation with the fans and the community, to ensure the best helicopter warfare game ever. Comanche is bound to release in Q1 2020 on Steam's early access program. The game is powered by Unreal Engine 4.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Eh, kinda weird with the real Comanche helicopter shitcanned by the US government a few years ago.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
actusoul
Evil Dead

I played the orginal in the 90's. This does not look like or play like Comache. Why use the name and not reflect the original game. I was hoping for something else. An update on the original.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

This is really odd. Gunship 2000 had Comanche's back in the early 90's. Why would there be any interest in it 25 years later when the platform has already been shitcanned.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:55 PM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Maybe because modern 'copters are so fucking wired and computerized it takes half the fun away.

I don't want to take too much from these pilots because rotor craft are hella hard, even with all the assists, but like fixed wing craft it would be tough for some of them to fly without the computers helping.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:05 AM   #7
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
I played the orginal in the 90's. This does not look like or play like Comache. Why use the name and not reflect the original game. I was hoping for something else. An update on the original.
THQ acquired the rights to Novalogic's catalog in 2016, that's likely the only reason they're using the IP name to justify that they spent money on a bunch of IP that was even back then subpar caliber. Novalogic always had great ideas, but shit execution in any game they made.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:49 AM   #8
thatlukeguy
Evil Dead

Squad based combat on a big map, with fun flying but in relatively slow speed but with great mobility, then you enter an interior area in a smaller floating vehicle to go through tunnels and ducts and drops. The gameplay makes me think: Battlefield meets Crimson Skies meets Descent. All of those I liked, so I'll give this a chance. Some fringe games can be excellent fun sometimes (I'm looking at you xbox360 Frontlines).
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:12 AM   #9
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

This looks cheesy as hell.

Tags
comanche