Last post by Emabulator
Yesterday 03:34 PM
1 Replies, 514 Views
» Promotion

Old 09-19-2017, 11:42 PM   #21
BenSkywlkr
Evil Dead

Quote:
It's criticized for not being a good value for what Nintendo gives you when most of these roms can be found for free.
Maybe this is a generational thing, the younger people who are entitled to the world versus the older people who believe in paying for their own shit?

Why see any movie in the theater when you can just pirate it?

Why buy any music when you can just pirate it?

At the end of the day, the self entitled snow flakes should be thanking the grown ups for paying for shit so these industries can still exist.
BenSkywlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:51 AM   #22
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSkywlkr View Post
Maybe this is a generational thing, the younger people who are entitled to the world versus the older people who believe in paying for their own shit?
I would have agreed with you a few years ago, and I do think the younger generation is pretty fragile and mentally intolerant/incompetent, but 'older people' are in fact, at least in the developed world, consuming the lion's share of government resources and leaving crumbs for the young. If you were born in the 1930's or 40's, you had a rough start to it but you've lived in the wealthiest generation in all of human history, and you're still taking almost everything for yourself and leaving future generations little.

Look at the data on spending for the old and spending for the young. It's RIDICULOUS. Greedy old-ass mothers.

Quote:
Why see any movie in the theater when you can just pirate it?
More like: Why see a movie in the theater with obnoxious idiots when I can have a beer and enjoy it with friends and family at home?

Quote:
Why buy any music when you can just pirate it?
More like: Why buy any music when you can stream it anywhere at any time?

Quote:
At the end of the day, the self entitled snow flakes should be thanking the grown ups for paying for shit so these industries can still exist.
Only if 'grown ups' stop grubbing up all the resources while leaving the kids to pay the future bills.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #23
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
More like: Why see a movie in the theater with obnoxious idiots when I can have a beer and enjoy it with friends and family at home?
Yeah, I used to love going to the theatre to watch movies. But, the idiots just keep ruining the experience. I mean, why take a first date to a movie? you will be talking to each other and not pay attention, while ruining it to those nearby.

I had a couple of fights during movies also. While the fights were fun, the movie was ruined, not only for me but for everyone else in the theatre.

Now, I just pirate them. If they are really good, I might buy the bluray.
ashikenshin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:34 AM   #24
xplics
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Nestopia is good, but I normally use fceux which does a nice job emulating the Famicom disk drive.
Both excellent choices, and who can forget the one that really not just started Nes emulation but pushed the emulation scene just about main stream...Nesticle....ahhh the memories.

Tags
nes mini, nintendo