Last post by vallor
Today 12:44 PM
2 Replies, 202 Views
» Promotion

Old 09-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Leaves Early Access on September 21st, Trailer

HeroСraft has announced that Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf will leave Steam Early Access on September 21st.

Quote:
Your Great Company’s Strike Cruiser was ambushed by the infamous Chaos Space Marines of the Word Bearers legion. The battle forced you to land on Kanak, a volcano-wracked feral world – a living hell inhabited by tribes of ruthless barbarians. However, you are not just an ordinary soldier but a mighty Space Marine of the Space Wolves chapter, a son of Leman Russ, the Wolf King. You will emerge victorious – or die fighting for Russ and the Allfather!

Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf is a card driven, turn-based tactical game with RPG elements developed by Russian independent studio HeroCraft. You play as Valgard Twice Slain and his squad of fearsome Space Wolves, one of the First Founding Space Marine Legions, in their fight for survival after becoming castaways in the dangerous world of Kanak. After a successful Early Access period, HeroCraft is happy to announce that their turn-based tactical combat game, Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf, will leave Early Access to go on full release on September 21st 2017 on Steam. Its final price will increase from $11.99 / €11.99 to $17.99 / €17.99.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:52 AM   #3
Scherge
Voice of Reason

Ugh. I know, "board-game adaptation", "card game", "built for mobile" and all that. But after "XCOM" and all those other tactical games the PC excels at portraying, I find this one really hard to look at.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:10 AM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I'm just sick of seeing Warhammer games. Back in the DoW/DoW2 days, I was thrilled to see new video games from this series.

Now, there's a new one being released every couple of days for every conceivable platform. I'm pretty sure I have a Warhammer game installed on my toilet.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:02 AM   #5
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Yeah, they are giving away their IP to even the newest of studios. Kinda sad
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #6
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

I really wouldn't mind the amount as long as there were some actual good games among them, but the majority is just crap, with a handfull of mediocre games, and then very very rarely an actual good one. It's just a shame, especially with "new" GW absolutely killing it on the tabletop front lately.
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:16 AM   #7
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Yeah, seems like a plan huh? make the tabletop game amazeballs while the videogames crap. Maybe to prove a point?

I had a blast playing my first 8th edition game this weekend. The new rules are very simple, threw me off guard.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:42 AM   #8
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

I'm just hoping that eventually the new CEO will get around to fixing the way they handle their IP, just like he fixed so many other areas already.

But yeah, 8th edition is great, I've got 6 or 7 games under my belt by now. I do think they oversimplified things a bit too much, for instance the cover rules are really a bit weird, but still it's so much better than 7th and you can always house rule stuff if you want. 8th may be a bit oversimplified, but 7th was just a massively over complicated, bloated mess by the end. My orks and DE have also been very happy with the new balance, they actually feel viable now.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #9
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Yeah, I love that my vehicles survived for more than one turn! I like the new AP rules. Played my tau against death korps of krieg. I want to try DE next, I have seen them and they are not a pushover anymore.

here is a pic of the battle:
Old 09-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #10
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

Nice to see a combined arms list for tau, I haven't seen some of those models in ages, I mean you have actual kroot on the table. Kroot! I haven't seen those models in years. I have heard tau took a bit of a hit in power, probably justified, but this seems like a reasonably balanced game, so who won? Death korps was all mechanized with the infantry in the chimeras or are they just hiding behind that bunker whose name I always forget? Also are you guys just made of money? Death korps and actual GW terrain? Jeez, I wish I could afford that. My terrain is all scratchbuild from random bits of packaging foam and the like. Although the low pound value has been making forgeworld stuff a bit more tempting recently.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #11
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Yeah, I don't think tau are as overpowered as they were before, that's one of the reasons I took them out to play. The kroot, they just were to grab that objective behind cover. For 60 points they are cheap objective grabbers IMO. Yeah the DKoK infantry was hiding inside the chimeras.

The terrain, we figured we spent a lot of money on the armies but none on terrain. So, we had a lot of guys buy bits and pieces. Every once in a while, someone left and sold us their terrain. That's one of the reasons we ended up with this much. We have more but I feel more will just get in the way of the game. At least it did a couple of times we tried cramping as much terrain as we could. We are communists when it comes to WH40k lol

His DKoK he bought from one guy in the UK who sold his whole army at once. He probably thought he was a terrible painter because it was cheaper than buying all those models from GW. And the paint job is great as well. Kinda hit the jackpot with that deal.

In the end, I think I had the most points but my army had less models on the table. I had to call it quits because the wife kept calling, I had to pick up my daughter. Still fun game, longstrike was the mvp, killed a couple of chimeras. I still have to finish painting his hammerhead, the rail gun is still unpainted because railguns were terrible with normal hammerheads.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #12
blackzc
Evil Dead

I wish i had friends that played board games. Warhammer looks like so much fun.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #13
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
The terrain, we figured we spent a lot of money on the armies but none on terrain. So, we had a lot of guys buy bits and pieces. Every once in a while, someone left and sold us their terrain. That's one of the reasons we ended up with this much. We have more but I feel more will just get in the way of the game. At least it did a couple of times we tried cramping as much terrain as we could. We are communists when it comes to WH40k lol
Yeah, this seems like a good terrain density. A very dense board can be fun if you do a cities of death style game with both side having mostly infantry. Makes for a nice change now and again.

Quote:
His DKoK he bought from one guy in the UK who sold his whole army at once. He probably thought he was a terrible painter because it was cheaper than buying all those models from GW. And the paint job is great as well. Kinda hit the jackpot with that deal.
Ooh lucky. I'm always jealous of all these people that are able to snag incredible deals. Why can I never find a complete army at a yard sale for some ridiculously low price..

Quote:
In the end, I think I had the most points but my army had less models on the table. I had to call it quits because the wife kept calling, I had to pick up my daughter. Still fun game, longstrike was the mvp, killed a couple of chimeras. I still have to finish painting his hammerhead, the rail gun is still unpainted because railguns were terrible with normal hammerheads.
Shame you couldn't finish it, but one of the many nice things about 8th is that games tend to go a lot quicker, especially once you've got a few games under your belt and you're not tripping up on old rules anymore.

And yeah, lots of people are suddenly having to switch loadouts on some of their units. I know a guy who's busy ripping off scatter lasers from something like 40+ jetbikes and replacing them with shuriken cannons. He doesn't get any sympathy from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I wish i had friends that played board games. Warhammer looks like so much fun.
Find a store that sells it and go play there. My local GW store has weekly events on friday-sunday that anyone can join in, but even unofficial stores often have tables where you can play and can help you find people to play with. The thing with warhammer though is that you really need to also enjoy the hobbying aspects, the building and painting. Otherwise you'll just get burned out trying to complete an army and give up. Again, find a local store that sells it, official GW stores will often give away a free model with some painting lessons to get you started. They don't call it plastic crack for nothing.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #14
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post

Find a store that sells it and go play there. My local GW store has weekly events on friday-sunday that anyone can join in, but even unofficial stores often have tables where you can play and can help you find people to play with. The thing with warhammer though is that you really need to also enjoy the hobbying aspects, the building and painting. Otherwise you'll just get burned out trying to complete an army and give up. Again, find a local store that sells it, official GW stores will often give away a free model with some painting lessons to get you started. They don't call it plastic crack for nothing.
A few years ago i did try. Maybe i should have pulled up in a car instead of my motorcycle. But to be honest they all seemed like a bunch of judgmental cock suckers. I stood and watched for a while, waiting for someone to strike up a conversation but i was intentionally ignored. They prolly smelled the right wing bigot on me a mile away.

I just want to play some board game though. I may try again, as said store moved literally 3 mins from where my house is going up. It will be a situation where i will have to force myself to be accepted but that's fine. I'm a good guy.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #15
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
A few years ago i did try. Maybe i should have pulled up in a car instead of my motorcycle. But to be honest they all seemed like a bunch of judgmental cock suckers. I stood and watched for a while, waiting for someone to strike up a conversation but i was intentionally ignored. They prolly smelled the right wing bigot on me a mile away.

I just want to play some board game though. I may try again, as said store moved literally 3 mins from where my house is going up. It will be a situation where i will have to force myself to be accepted but that's fine. I'm a good guy.
Yeah, the guys I play with all seemed like assholes when I met them. Turns out they are more fun than my regular friends.

I would love to have a GW or wargaming store nearby. There are none in this country.

Tags
herocraft, space wolf, warhammer 40k