Last post by excalibur1814
Yesterday 06:39 AM
16 Replies, 948 Views

Old 01-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #21
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Totally agree. Like I said, it was only an issue (been a year since I played) when there were four bad mofos grouped up merc'ing everyone in their path.
My guess is those who speak strongly against it, got ganked once and never went back so they assume the DZ was always like that which it really wasn't.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:45 AM   #22
Vulture
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Totally agree. Like I said, it was only an issue (been a year since I played) when there were four bad mofos grouped up merc'ing everyone in their path.
they might have been more of them than just 4. The NYPD SWAT/Active Shooter team had spotters&blockers in their chat. They used that game as practice for controlling an engagement. I think they used it as justification to goof off instead of doing field exercises in the cold.

I used to get daily feeds from a buddy of where they held a zone for hours and it was obviously a 10+ man effort on their part.
Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:11 PM   #23
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
they might have been more of them than just 4. The NYPD SWAT/Active Shooter team had spotters&blockers in their chat. They used that game as practice for controlling an engagement. I think they used it as justification to goof off instead of doing field exercises in the cold.

I used to get daily feeds from a buddy of where they held a zone for hours and it was obviously a 10+ man effort on their part.

That's actually pretty fucking cool. I like the idea of using a game to develop real life tactics.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:39 AM   #24
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post

PvP isn't a "risk reward" equation. If you knew the first thing about practical game design and development instead of all the talking out your ass so you could get in a nice insult you'd know it.

If there is one thing we've found in the last 20 years is PvP is not a good way of creating "evergreen" content. And gating PvE power behind PvP walls is a retarded way of forcing people who prefer PvE content to engage in PvP content.

People who do not scale well to the killer traits of the Bartle scale rarely change their preferences ESPECIALLY when there is a penalty for losing. When there is consensual elements AND the penalty for losing is low then you can entice people to dabble but they will rarely change their player persona and adopt the traits which embody someone who enjoys the killer aspect.

This has nothing to do with Risk Reward and everything to do with personality traits, who you want to play your game, and where you spend your development dollars. I'm arguing they are wasting their time and money on PvP which, if you look at anything except hardcore PvP games, have a very low tail of engagement over time. PvP is NOT sticky for games that have a large majority of their content as PvE with a fractional PvP element.

Either go all in or you've basically got nothing. The sales and engagement curves are clear on this.

The Dark Zone is not the only End Game option.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:41 AM   #25
Judas
Evil Dead

The Darkzone was such a poor experience for me in the first iteration. I am not too excited to venture into the sequel.
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:27 PM   #26
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

This promises to be as grindy as RDR2 online. Pass.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:44 AM   #27
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

I am surprised how their marketing team has decided to double down on PvP. I know that is part of the game, but it seems most people enjoyed the co-op aspect more than the PvP aspect the first time around.

I am personally much more interested in Co-Op.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #28
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The Invite-only Beta started today. Man is this game bad ass. Just loving it.

Tags
the division 2