34 Replies, 1,367 Views
Sonic Delayed due to...
Last post by ministryofwrath
Yesterday 05:31 PM
3 Replies, 343 Views

Old 02-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #21
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

I think you're the only one who talks about spending money? Go for it if you like, but I'll happily play for free and let people who want to spend money spend money. Hell it's their money, they can burn it for all I care.

Or do you think people should be prevented from spending money as they see fit? What an odd stance to take. But hey, you do you.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:02 PM   #22
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Exactly! They get caught all the time! That doesn't mean absolutely everything is fake, but since they get caught all the time in their little lies (because let's be honest in the information age it's incredibly easy to prove), all someone has to do is prove it.

While I wait for proof I'll enjoy something that seems to have a great many quality of life improvements to the BR genre, from a dev I enjoy, without an obnoxious hype cycle, and for free no less.
Again you miss the point, journalistic integrity demands one remains non partisan and simply reports facts. The MSM does not do this, they are heavily in bed with leftist narratives and pushing a marxists agenda. That alone makes them entirely untrustworthy.

It's quite funny you'll use Origin for a free game but won't use the Epic store, what happened to Steam or bust?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #23
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Again you miss the point, journalistic integrity demands one remains non partisan and simply reports facts. The MSM does not do this, they are heavily in bed with leftist narratives and pushing a marxists agenda. That alone makes them entirely untrustworthy.

It's quite funny you'll use Origin for a free game but won't use the Epic store, what happened to Steam or bust?
So an interview isn't just reporting on what someone said in response to questions asked? Can you point out the leftist/marxist narrative/agenda in the link UnderHero provided? Perhaps I just missed it.

And what are you talking about? My primary complaint on the Epic Store was that it involved increased prices because they don't have local currency (among their many other lacking features).

I'm aware they have free games (Fortnite for example, which I've played), but we never once discussed the presence of that. Only that they made an exclusivity deal for one game, which caused the price to go up for some, which is unwarranted given their lacking features.

They came into the market with a sub par offering against their direct competitor (and that was proven many times over in the previous thread). But back on track, Respawn seems to have gone into the BR market with a superior offering to their competitors, so we'll see how that plays out.

Last edited by Mozain; 02-05-2019 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-05-2019, 12:31 PM   #24
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I watched the gameplay trailer and it actually looked pretty cool. If I were into this sort of game there are some unique character mechanics which seem like they set it above the typical tripe of the genre.

I still call it the Overwatch of BR. They even have Bastion!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:02 PM   #25
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
So an interview isn't just reporting on what someone said in response to questions asked? Can you point out the leftist/marxist narrative/agenda in the link UnderHero provided? Perhaps I just missed it.

And what are you talking about? My primary complaint on the Epic Store was that it involved increased prices because they don't have local currency (among their many other lacking features).

I'm aware they have free games (Fortnite for example, which I've played), but we never once discussed the presence of that. Only that they made an exclusivity deal for one game, which caused the price to go up for some, which is unwarranted given their lacking features.

They came into the market with a sub par offering against their direct competitor (and that was proven many times over in the previous thread). But back on track, Respawn seems to have gone into the BR market with a superior offering to their competitors, so we'll see how that plays out.
I was talking in general you dumb shit, but I'm sure you knew that. I wasn't the one dismissing the term "fake news" that was all you cupcake.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:02 PM   #26
Terran
Evil Dead

I got AIDS reading this thread. Thank you all very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #27
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
I was talking in general you dumb shit, but I'm sure you knew that. I wasn't the one dismissing the term "fake news" that was all you cupcake.
Go back and read, I wasn't diminishing it at all, in fact I agreed with you "cupcake".

I firmly believe the news is sensationalist garbage. But I also know not everything in existence can be fake and things that are fake are easily proven to be so. Someone wants to make a claim about something? Great! Prove it.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Go back and read, I wasn't diminishing it at all, in fact I agreed with you "cupcake".

I firmly believe the news is sensationalist garbage. But I also know not everything in existence can be fake and things that are fake are easily proven to be so. Someone wants to make a claim about something? Great! Prove it.
Respawn is fully owned by EA, do you honestly think they'd bite the hand that pays them at this point and say "hey EA forced us to do this?" No likely not. I'm sure being an AAA studio with one of the guys who was behind games like the original Medal of Honor and Call of Duty really gets his nuts off doing free to play BR clones to follow the herd, attempting to cash in on cosmetic MT's. Yeah I'm sure Vince and his team were just chomping at the bit for that.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #29
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Respawn is fully owned by EA, do you honestly think they'd bite the hand that pays them at this point and say "hey EA forced us to do this?" No likely not. I'm sure being an AAA studio with one of the guys who was behind games like the original Medal of Honor and Call of Duty really gets his nuts off doing free to play BR clones to follow the herd, attempting to cash in on cosmetic MT's. Yeah I'm sure Vince and his team were just chomping at the bit for that.
Contrary to what you apparently think, they are firmly in it to make money. After two great, but commercially unsuccessful games you better believe I think that Vince and his team are looking for a safe/easy bet.

They aren't some paragon of goodness, or making things "for the craft". They are creating a product because they want your money. If they can enact some kind of "vision" and make money at the same time? Great! But that hasn't worked for them yet.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #30
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Contrary to what you apparently think, they are firmly in it to make money. After two great, but commercially unsuccessful games you better believe I think that Vince and his team are looking for a safe/easy bet.

They aren't some paragon of goodness, or making things "for the craft". They are creating a product because they want your money. If they can enact some kind of "vision" and make money at the same time? Great! But that hasn't worked for them yet.
They're also no longer an independent studio which is the point you're not apparently grasping. EA doesn't give much leeway as a publisher to begin with as to what studios do for projects.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #31
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

And yet that's only your assertion. Let's see, who do I think is right, who do I think is right... EP of the game, or SpectralThundr of EvAv forums... Hmmm, decisions decisions.

Like I said, I'm open to proof, but that's how this whole thing works, with proof. Until then I'll go with the person who has a shred of credibility to their name.

Not only that, but according to them (I know, fake news right ) they started working on the game before the acquisition, which really only lends credibility to it.

But again, why even bother thinking about that when you can just assert you're right all the time without anything to back it up? It really is the more simple way to go about things.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #32
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
And yet that's only your assertion. Let's see, who do I think is right, who do I think is right... EP of the game, or SpectralThundr of EvAv forums... Hmmm, decisions decisions.

Like I said, I'm open to proof, but that's how this whole thing works, with proof. Until then I'll go with the person who has a shred of credibility to their name.

Not only that, but according to them (I know, fake news right ) they started working on the game before the acquisition, which really only lends credibility to it.

But again, why even bother thinking about that when you can just assert you're right all the time without anything to back it up? It really is the more simple way to go about things.
To be honest it really doesn't matter either way. At the end of the day the publisher controls the purse strings and the green light on projects. Electronic Arts has gone all in on games as a service backed up by micro transactions, even if this was a project they started before EA was done acquiring them, if it wasn't to EA's liking they likely would have pulled the plug like they did on that single player Star Wars title that was in development for quite a while.

You've obviously followed the industry long enough, you should know how things work by now.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #33
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:

Enough with the cliffhangers. Go on...?

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #34
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
To be honest it really doesn't matter either way. At the end of the day the publisher controls the purse strings and the green light on projects. Electronic Arts has gone all in on games as a service backed up by micro transactions, even if this was a project they started before EA was done acquiring them, if it wasn't to EA's liking they likely would have pulled the plug like they did on that single player Star Wars title that was in development for quite a while.

You've obviously followed the industry long enough, you should know how things work by now.
Yah, they said as much in the interview, that they had to approach EA and ask if they could do the game, this is not new information.

You're making it out to be like EA forced them to make a BR game (as if Respawn would never follow a trend... Please) when every bit of evidence points to the opposite. Respawn clearly wanted to make this game, and from what I've played of it it's the best in the BR entry, good for them I say.

We'll see if it lasts, or falls to the wayside like their other games. They've only got 10 months before they're shuttered according to Booda so it shouldn't take too long to determine.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:58 PM   #35
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yah, they said as much in the interview, that they had to approach EA and ask if they could do the game, this is not new information.

You're making it out to be like EA forced them to make a BR game (as if Respawn would never follow a trend... Please) when every bit of evidence points to the opposite. Respawn clearly wanted to make this game, and from what I've played of it it's the best in the BR entry, good for them I say.

We'll see if it lasts, or falls to the wayside like their other games. They've only got 10 months before they're shuttered according to Booda so it shouldn't take too long to determine.
With EA's track record they better hope it does well or they very might well get shuttered. It's not like EA doesn't have a long history of doing so or anything of the sort. Oh wait. I wish Respawn the best, I enjoyed TF and TF2, there's obviously some talent there. I think I'd like this more if you weren't forced to drop in a squad though, that might hurt them long term.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:01 PM   #36
Lactose
Developer

Apex Legends design director and long (longest?) time EvAv reader here. This was the game we wanted to make. We have been playing Apex for several hours a day for well over a year. The best way I can describe the gameís initial success is humbling and awe inspiring.

Iím happy to accept any shortcomings on the gameís behalf.
Lactose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:43 AM   #37
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lactose View Post
Apex Legends design director and long (longest?) time EvAv reader here. This was the game we wanted to make. We have been playing Apex for several hours a day for well over a year. The best way I can describe the gameís initial success is humbling and awe inspiring.

Thanks for clarifying. I have to admit out of all the BR's I like this one, I do wish you guys had offered some form of solo queue however, that's really my only complaint in a very short time playing it.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:01 AM   #38
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Quote:

Thank you for saying this. I have not tried it yet, too stuck in Fallout 76 to be honest, but Iíve got to ask, ďĒWhy no Titans?Ē You have me imagining a BR Mech Warrior with customizable Mechs, which sounds really fun and cool. Maybe a full on Titan mode in the future? Hope to hear back from you. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2019, 05:44 AM   #39
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:

Grats on breaking the million mark in under 8 hours.

Not my cup of tea, but I'm not going to piss in it either.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:54 AM   #40
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:

Congrats dude! It's obviously not the game for me, but I wish you guys the best of luck with it.

Needs more Titans. Lots more Titans. Like even 1 would be good.

Tags
apex legends