Last post by Emabulator
Today 04:58 PM
1 Replies, 290 Views

Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Whimbrel
Subhuman

Blizzard now offers levelling service 0-80 instantly

http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...surrection-faq

So, use an active account to get somebody in an inactive account to accept free game time and they get an instant level 80 character, gear, gold, crap, free server transfer, anything else they want, plus a happy ending.

Hell, I have two inactive accounts if anybody wants to scroll my ass I'll go to level 80 for free. No way I'm ever getting there any other way.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Anenome
Autarchist

Wow >_>

Whimb: If you have one inactive account you can actually send the scroll to yourself.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Step 1: Remove the "RPG" from MMORPG
Step 2: Instancing and LFG queues so you can solo the entire game
Step 3: Cash shops
Step 4: Free end game characters

The Evolution of MMOs is complete. They are now nothing more than virtual vending machines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Dude, it's not about the destination... it's about the journey!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...surrection-faq

So, use an active account to get somebody in an inactive account to accept free game time and they get an instant level 80 character, gear, gold, crap, free server transfer, anything else they want, plus a happy ending.

Hell, I have two inactive accounts if anybody wants to scroll my ass I'll go to level 80 for free. No way I'm ever getting there any other way.
Sure, you're purposefully exaggerating -- But the reality of the promo is that it's only to help a friend rejoin the game quickly.

i.e. Friend wants to play WoW again, but doesn't want to buy all the xpacs, pay for a realm transfer and / or faction change, or be separated by ~30 or more levels from their referring friend.

It's only for inactive accounts prior to some date in mid-March. No gold, or gear, or any items at all are given to the person coming back. It can only be done once on one character. You can't split the leveling, server transfer, and faction change, it all has to apply that one single character. By the way, your friend has to pick the realm you will transfer to and that choice can not be changed after that. And, of course, the person sending the referral has to have a paid account.

So it's a pretty far cry from Blizzard "selling 0-80 instantly". But, you know you were just being sensational, anyway.

In other words, you can't make a new account today, wait for it expire, then get someone to scroll you / yourself and jump to 80 directly. Even if there wasn't the date restriction to "buy yourself an 80" you'd have to -- Buy two $20 copies of WoW, buy 3 months ($45) of service initially, wait / waste 30 days for one account to expire, scroll the inactive account, then buy a fourth month of service on the scrolled account and waste the 3rd month of service on the original account.

You'd have no gear and no gold on your "fresh" 80, except for your starter gear. You'd not be able to quest level 80 zones (you'd get your as kicked) or even participate in level 80 normal instances (The instance finder enforces a minimum gear item level for participants). So you'd still have to quest through most of the game to get gold, gear, etc.

But, I'd still like to get a Spectral Gryphen, myself, so PM me your e-mail address and i'll send you a Scroll invite.
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
Whimbrel
Subhuman

Yes, I was exaggerating slightly, but how many gamers out ther ehave expired World of Warcraft accounts? It did come out in 2004, didn't it? Three free expansion packs, plus a level 80 character? I don't think it takes that much exaggeration to point out how extreme this promotion is relative to the MMO promos in the past. I am not saying they are desperate, but I do think this represents a huge sea change.

Also, I put the direct link to the details prior to my editorializing. I still respect the readers to learn the facts and then enjoy my commentary as frosting.

To be absolutely clear, no, Blizzard only offers the levelling service to one character per account for an expired account. The free expansion packs benefit all characters.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

in their defense, this is (currently) only a limited time offer, and it makes (some) sense for the scroll of resurrection. It's designed to target players who were already at max level, and want to go back to the game at max level, but can't because of the new level cap.
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #9
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

I see no issue with this. Everyone says the game really starts at the End Game... so if you don't care about leveling, who cares. This also doesn't harm your enjoyment of the game at all.

The only really negative impact is -- there might be less low levels than their would have been and you will have more players at level 85 that suck than usual because they didn't learn how to play.

If you want to start at or near the level cap that is great. That is how you want to play. In addition if you have a Human Paladin and want a Human Warrior -- no need to level, just create a Human Warrior and get him to level 80 (allowing you not to have to complete quests again

Ultima Online had a service like this where you could pay $15 (I think) and you would pick a few skills and it would level them to 70 out of 100.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

I also play DCUO which is F2P supported with a cash shop or option to subscribe.

In DCUO you can get gear 2 ways -- boss drops or each time you complete a Dungeon you get Marks, collect enough Marks and you can buy Tier gear from vendors.

I subscribe to DCUO.

However, I have suggested to the Devs that they sell the Marks in the cash shop. They shouldn't sell the latest Marks (each Tier of Armor gets it own mark), so if they are say Tier 5 armor, they should only sell up to Tier 3 Marks in the cash shop IMHO, but I do think they should sell the marks to just help players speed up the raiding process if players are interested in spending real cash for that.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote