Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #2
Scherge
Voice of Reason

It's "Homefront: WWII"!
Old 08-10-2017, 03:51 AM   #3
blackzc
Evil Dead

Remember kids, an all White, uniform, moral, high trust society is bad, and is something to fear, and nothing that should be strived for.

We care clearly heading for better times now that this way of thinking has been stamped out and rendered only worthy of ridicule.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:26 AM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Remember kids, an all White, uniform, moral, high trust society is bad, and is something to fear, and nothing that should be strived for.

We care clearly heading for better times now that this way of thinking has been stamped out and rendered only worthy of ridicule.
This is coming from someone who thinks the society depicted in The Man in the High Castle was peachy keen and idyllic, so I'm really starting to question certain things about you.

I mean, that mentality is largely worthy of ridicule; how is an "all White" society inherently more moral or better?

Last edited by Chimpbot; 08-10-2017 at 12:11 PM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #5
plowshare
Subscriber

Quote:

Save it for a Trump rally and let me enjoy a fair bit of Nazi humor.
plowshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #6
brandonjclark
Subscriber

The Nazi's are an easy target. I wanna see someone take on Islam in a videogame.

And I want it done well. I will settle for nothing less than a AAA-quality title about a future where Islam has conquered the world and Sharia law is in full effect.

Now THAT would be brave.

Nazi's are so easy.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #7
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
The Nazi's are an easy target. I wanna see someone take on Islam in a videogame.

And I want it done well. I will settle for nothing less than a AAA-quality title about a future where Islam has conquered the world and Sharia law is in full effect.

Now THAT would be brave.

Nazi's are so easy.
Exactly. That is why video games will never be art.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:09 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
Exactly. That is why video games will never be art.
This is like saying film will never be art because of summer blockbusters; the big budget, "AAA" titles aren't exactly great sources for genuine artistic merit.

I'm okay with Nazis being an easy target because of everything they represent and stand for. I'd also like to see radical Islam taken to task in a similar manner...but the unfortunate thing is that they tend to blow people up when they're publicly mocked.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:40 AM   #9
Nowyn
Ethos Knight

This place sometimes.

You all take a game that doesnt really take itself seriously (I mean they start off with the guy in a wheelchair and somehow taking our fully mobile soldiers) and make it into some opus statement.
Nowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #10
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowyn View Post
This place sometimes.

You all take a game that doesnt really take itself seriously (I mean they start off with the guy in a wheelchair and somehow taking our fully mobile soldiers) and make it into some opus statement.
I'd rather see that than thinly veiled White Supremacist bullshit.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #11
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
This is coming from someone who thinks the society depicted in The Man in the High Castle was peachy keen and idyllic, so I'm really starting to question certain things about you.

I mean, that mentality is largely worthy of ridicule; how is an "all White" society inherently more moral or better?
Care to explain how its worthy of ridicule? Do you trash Japan for its strict immigration laws?

And at what point did i call it more moral or better?

But yeah, keep calling me a nazi or white supremacist when im not, fucking faggot.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:12 PM   #12
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'd rather see that than thinly veiled White Supremacist bullshit.
Lol yep you're not at all a liberal. Way to play the race card. Right out of the progressive playbook.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #13
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Care to explain how its worthy of ridicule? Do you trash Japan for its strict immigration laws?

And at what point did i call it more moral or better?

But yeah, keep calling me a nazi or white supremacist when im not, fucking faggot.
Your exact words were: "Remember kids, an all White, uniform, moral, high trust society is bad, and is something to fear, and nothing that should be strived for."

You equated "all White" with "moral". These are your words.

If you don't understand why the hateful rhetoric of groups like the Nazis is worthy of ridicule, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Lol yep you're not at all a liberal. Way to play the race card. Right out of the progressive playbook.
Read what he wrote. How else should that statement be taken? You're running to the defense of someone who referred to the setting of The Man in the High Castle as essentially idyllic and something to be aspired to.

I'm a white, heterosexual male living in a time where it's becoming increasingly less ideal to be a heterosexual white male..but the implications of his statements are pretty fucked up.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Your exact words were: "Remember kids, an all White, uniform, moral, high trust society is bad, and is something to fear, and nothing that should be strived for."

You equated "all White" with "moral". These are your words.

If you don't understand why the hateful rhetoric of groups like the Nazis is worthy of ridicule, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Read what he wrote. How else should that statement be taken? You're running to the defense of someone who referred to the setting of The Man in the High Castle as essentially idyllic and something to be aspired to.

I'm a white, heterosexual male living in a time where it's becoming increasingly less ideal to be a heterosexual white male..but the implications of his statements are pretty fucked up.
And yet the incident in Virginia was incited by BLM and Antifa, in other words, progressives.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #15
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
And yet the incident in Virginia was incited by BLM and Antifa, in other words, progressives.
There's no denying they were marching peacefully until the counter-protests got involved and violence ensued. Crazy shit happened and a White Supremacist ran people over with a car.

There's also no denying the intent behind the imagery they were utilizing. They were sending a very specific message by marching at night, carrying torches. They may not have directly instigated the violence...but there was a violent intent behind everything they were doing. Many of them were also armed - with firearms, clubs, etc - so, they were clearly ready for some form of violence.

This doesn't change the fact that Nazis and White Supremacists were marching en masse in 2017. This doesn't change the fact that everything they stand for is either absolutely terrible or tainted by their racist beliefs.

At the end of the day, there is no way any reasonable person can - or should - defend these people or justify their actions.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 08-13-2017 at 08:15 PM..
Old 08-13-2017, 09:04 PM   #16
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
There's no denying they were marching peacefully until the counter-protests got involved and violence ensued. Crazy shit happened and a White Supremacist ran people over with a car.

There's also no denying the intent behind the imagery they were utilizing. They were sending a very specific message by marching at night, carrying torches. They may not have directly instigated the violence...but there was a violent intent behind everything they were doing. Many of them were also armed - with firearms, clubs, etc - so, they were clearly ready for some form of violence.

This doesn't change the fact that Nazis and White Supremacists were marching en masse in 2017. This doesn't change the fact that everything they stand for is either absolutely terrible or tainted by their racist beliefs.

At the end of the day, there is no way any reasonable person can - or should - defend these people or justify their actions.
At the end of the day all the riots, terror attacks, racial rapes, killings and attacks on political supporters have all been committed or instigated by those on the left and your worried about white supremacists? Despite stating yourself stating that you yourself realize they're being targeted simply for being a white straight male.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:10 PM   #17
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
At the end of the day all the riots, terror attacks, racial rapes, killings and attacks on political supporters have all been committed or instigated by those on the left and your worried about white supremacists? Despite stating yourself stating that you yourself realize they're being targeted simply for being a white straight male.
They were targeted because of what they did and the reasons behind their march.

Are you actually trying to defend the so-called "white nationalists"?
Old 08-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #18
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
They were targeted because of what they did and the reasons behind their march.

Are you actually trying to defend the so-called "white nationalists"?
What exactly did they do Chimp? And is white nationalist code for what? Racist? Because I'm pretty sure you can be white, love the US and want it's laws enforced, including immigration, and not be racist.

You wonder why I'm always calling you a progressive? Because you sound like a brainwashed idiot.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #19
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
What exactly did they do Chimp? And is white nationalist code for what? Racist? Because I'm pretty sure you can be white, love the US and want it's laws enforced, including immigration, and not be racist.

You wonder why I'm always calling you a progressive? Because you sound like a brainwashed idiot.
That's not what this group was there to do and you know it.

They were carrying flags bearing the Swastika. They were self-proclaimed Nazis and members of the KKK. The men marching in Virginia were racists.

When men like David Duke are supporting the march that occurred, there's absolutely no question as to why they were there. It was all sparked by the attempt to re.ove a statue of Robert E. Lee, st any rate.

Why are you trying to defend these people? They weren't marching because they "love the country".

Last edited by Chimpbot; 08-14-2017 at 10:39 AM..
Old 08-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
That's not what this group was there to do and you know it.

They were carrying flags bearing the Swastika. They were self-proclaimed Nazis and members of the KKK. The men marching in Virginia were racists.

When men like David Duke are supporting the march that occurred, there's absolutely no question as to why they were there. It was all sparked by the attempt to re.ove a statue of Robert E. Lee, st any rate.

Why are you trying to defend these people? They weren't marching because they "love the country".
So they were marching to preserve history and not have it washed away by political correctness? Seems a pretty valid reason to peacefully march, of course until incited by BLM and Antifa. But hey those evil "nazis"

Again you honestly come off like someone who gets all their news from CNN or MSNBC and doesn't question the legitimacy of any of it.

Tags
wolfenstein ii