Last post by Mad Max RW
Today 10:34 AM
6 Replies, 584 Views

Old 05-25-2017, 01:45 AM   #41
DeluxE
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
You're the one equating people here as neo nazi supporters. I was more looking for your definition of it. Since the left pushes the idea that if you so much as speak ill of Muslims, you must be a racist. It sure seems like you have similar beliefs.
Dude, I have problems with religion in general - I don't really care what brand you prefer. Religions tend to breed extremists, who, like the asshole that just blew himself up in Manchester, make life suck for the rest of us.

But I don't go out of my way to preach my personal feelings about that to the community at every given opportunity. I really don't see the point in offending the christians that frequent this site for example, so I have never mocked anyone here for their beliefs.

Do I think wahhabi jihadism is dangerous and fucked up? Hell yeah! If all of those fuckers got zero dark 30ed I would say the world was a better place. Same goes for every Timothy McVey, Dylann Roof, Anders Breivik and Alexandre Bissonnette out there.

If people on this site don't want to be equated with racists, all they have to do is stop talking like racists. Not-so subtle phrases like "the silent majority of America rising up" and saying that an image is "anti-white" because it depicts Christian Identity nazis as villains certainly make people appear like racists!

Quote:
Its a shame R6 Patriots got canned, as I seem to recall the progressive left was the "bad guys" plot wise. Instead Ubisoft gives us progressive propaganda instead.
I was on the narrative team of R6 Patriots. That was not the plot. However, it was also not progressive propaganda. We were trying to make believable bad guys with realistic, even justifiable grievances, who were still terrorists. Anyway, that game, like so many others, was aborted before its time. Although it's not exactly the same, some elements of those ideas have survived in this new Far Cry.

It's not "progressive propaganda - trust me, Ubisoft really isn't political. They're just trying to tell a story people haven't heard before, or at least, haven't heard as much. It's not like there's a room at Ubi Montreal full of SJWs brainstorming ways to push their agenda. They picked these guys as the baddies because they're deplorable judgmental extremists who think they're above the law and everyone else in the country. Don't make the mistake of being like the bad guys here!

And to be clear - I'm not a leftist. I don't believe in virtue signaling or language policing. I'm the first person to criticize Anita Sarkeesian's dishonest bullshit or call out the hypocrisy of so called Social Justice Warriors. But I'm not on the right either - because I have the ability to judge each situation individually, regardless of what either team thinks. It's called being a free-thinker. We don't have as many pep rallies as the 'wingers do, but since neither the left or right are always correct, it's the only place we can feel comfortable with our own conscience.
DeluxE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:16 AM   #42
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Here's the rub Deluxe, Islam is flat out incompatible with the west. Even so called moderates do not intergrate, they still want their xx amount of pray time a day and expect employers to provide it. They still want Sharia to overrule the laws of the land they've migrated to. Pointing that out doesn't make one racists anymore than pointing out FBI data that plainly proves 85% of violent crime is committed by blacks.

It's quite easy to try and dismiss viewpoints by tossing out the race card. Hell there's enough liberals who make a career out of doing just that. Your Al Sharptons and Democratic Congressman John Conyers of the world.

The Crusades ended a long time ago and actually started due to Muslim aggression. I myself am not in the slightest religious towards any denomination but it's quite easy to see Christians constantly being targeted as bad, while Islam, you know the guys that blow kids up at concerts, the left is so afraid to even call them terrorist. Also pointing that fact out? Not racist. So I'm not quite sure how you came to the conclusion that conservative leaning posters all sound racist, I would lean more towards realist who understand the poison of political correctness for the sake of it.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:29 AM   #43
Paranoia
Evil Dead

Will FarCry 6 be set somewhere in the Middle East?
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:44 AM   #44
Dr.AQAS
Death Knight

I'm enjoying this so much that I had to cut my only observing habit to say this

And it's refreshing to see a whole lot of beard muslims in montana... ohh wait, are they muslims? well they must be because they have beards put wearing a normal cloth as a disguise, right? but hey 90% of Americans can't tell the difference between Muslim Middle Easterns and Sikh Indians so good luck.

Quote:
Here's the rub Deluxe, Islam is flat out incompatible with the west. Even so called moderates do not intergrate, they still want their xx amount of pray time a day and expect employers to provide it. They still want Sharia to overrule the laws of the land they've migrated to. Pointing that out doesn't make one racists anymore than pointing out FBI data that plainly proves 85% of violent crime is committed by blacks.
We Pray 5 times a day and only 2 prayers comes in the working hours and they take 5 mins max. consider it a cigarette break, and no we don't want Sharia to overrule because we escaped that, and that would be like a Jewish escaped from Nazis, and wants to recreate Nazi regime in his refuge.
and the "integration" has nothing to do with the religion, it has something to do with ethnicity, that why you can see Chinese have their own community, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Egyptian, Saudi, Indian, Afghani.... etc...

------------

Anyways back to the game, looks cool, and vast, but I hope they will create a new villain this time not like Far Cry 4 when they were trying so hard to recreate Vaas, and also keep the interesting villain alive till the end of the game and not killing too early like they did with Vaas.
Dr.AQAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:45 AM   #45
Dr.AQAS
Death Knight

I really hope so, the setting will be perfect, a war zone, a war lord, gangs, terrorists, armies, it's the whole package.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:47 AM   #46
Dr.AQAS
Death Knight

Quote:
I really hope so, the setting will be perfect, a war zone, a war lord, gangs, terrorists, armies, it's the whole package.
that was meant as a reply for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
Will FarCry 6 be set somewhere in the Middle East?
Old 05-25-2017, 04:52 AM   #47
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxE View Post
As I suspected, Terran has nothing.
Nothing except your tiny little balls under my boot, lol. After all, wasn't it you who said the following blatantly incorrect statement?

Quote:
This wasn't even a political image!
Except it is. Good thing you're so plugged in to the development team that you know all about this game, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AQAS View Post
90% of Americans can't tell the difference between Muslim Middle Easterns and Sikh Indians
No, no, no...we know the difference. The former group is busy blowing up little kids, shooting folks who don't think like they do, tossing gays off of buildings, and doing their best to escape their hellhole homelands to get to the promised land of the 'infidel' West because of all the terrible freedom and stability present in our nations. The latter...well, they aren't any of that.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:00 AM   #48
Dr.AQAS
Death Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
No, no, no...we know the difference. The former group is busy blowing up little kids, shooting folks who don't think like they do, tossing gays off of buildings, and doing their best to escape their hellhole homelands to get to the promised land of the 'infidel' West because of all the terrible freedom and stability present in our nations. The latter...well, they aren't any of that.
Well congratulations, you are from the remaining 10% who knows that theoretically. And your prize is a turban, a fake beard, and a knife to carry around with you all the time.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:05 AM   #49
Terran
Evil Dead

LOL. I don't need the knife since I'm a CWP holder with a wonderful P938 (sexy little beast it is, too...Sig makes a fine weapon), I have a very full and very real beard already, and a turban would just fly off while I'm riding around on my Harley. Thanks though!

Old 05-25-2017, 05:13 AM   #50
Dr.AQAS
Death Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
LOL. I don't need the knife since I'm a CWP holder with a wonderful P938 (sexy little beast it is, too...Sig makes a fine weapon), I have a very full and very real beard already, and a turban would just fly off while I'm riding around on my Harley. Thanks though!
You welcome, and FYI all of these are part of the Sikh's religion practices and has nothing to do with muslims.

Quote:
I'm riding around on my Harley.
sorry I couldn't resist

Old 05-25-2017, 05:30 AM   #51
Ballistic.
Squire

I'm writing a major essay right now for uni about the parallels on movements like the Christian Identity and other far-right groups and Islamic radicalism.

I've come to the conclusion that apart from a very small amount of extreme white-supremacists or ultra-conservatives/constitutionalists who actually do act on their fears (like the McVeigh's, or other groups like the CSA), most of the so-called 'right-wing terrorists' as the media loves to call them - and completely misrepresent them, just want to be left the fuck alone.

Meanwhile the real-deal Islamic terrorists are blowing up scores of children at concerts, mowing people down in cars and trucks, sowing death and destruction across South and West Asia (geographical West Asia being Afghanistan, Pakistan, 'Middle East' etc).

I'm looking forward to seeing how much they can misrepresent the Christian conservative right based on media lies and dodgy investigations.
Ballistic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:49 AM   #52
Ballistic.
Squire

Quote:
So obviously, the bad guys in this game are a sect of Christian Identity extremists - real assholes, that I hope everyone who visits this site abhor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity

It's not exactly "political" to admit that assholes like this actually exit - and if we can actually admit that, it's only reasonable to depict their symbols and practices in a way that resembles reality.

This is an image of the Christian Identity flag.
http://brotherryan.com/sites/default...?itok=E3fMbAko

Only a knee-jerk reactionary moron would see some kind of "liberal attack" in depicting asshole nazis as bad guys.

There's nothing to see here, just a modern version of Wolfenstein, set in Montana.

Hopefully it will be a good game.
You didn't much work in looking into CI did you? Yes, there are hardline racists within CI who identify with the "seedline" doctine - the hate group. There is also the "non-seedline" doctrine which are not violent, are not hardcore white-supremacists, and who do not think that non-whites cannot be "saved". This is the problem with the VAST majority of academic and government research into CI, they focus solely on the most visible element - being the hate group, and not the rest of the movement. Yes they are all racist, but some would prefer to be labelled as "purist". I'm no fan of them, and I think the extremist element of CI needs dealing with, but like I said, the vast majority of these people just want to be left alone to live their lives how they see fit. Obviously that wish contradicts with the law as most are anti-tax, anti-government etc and only see local governments as legitimate.

Definitely a hard group to understand, but honestly, if I had no othe choice of living next door to a CI extremist or a Muslim extremist, I'd choose the CI extremist any day. They are not likely to chop my head off or burn me alive in a cage.
Ballistic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:23 AM   #53
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AQAS View Post
You welcome, and FYI all of these are part of the Sikh's religion practices and has nothing to do with muslims.
I believe I already pointed out the distinction myself as well. You know, blown about body parts, dead children, dead homosexuals, etc., etc., being representative of your 'religion.'

Quote:
sorry I couldn't resist
Except that you condemn yourself in posting that, not anybody else. Shouldn't you follow that one up with a pic of a gay man being tossed off a building to his death? Religion of pieces...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic. View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing how much they can misrepresent the Christian conservative right based on media lies and dodgy investigations.
That is exactly what one can expect them to do. The only question, as you indicate here, is to what degree they will do that.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:55 AM   #54
DeluxE
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic. View Post
You didn't much work in looking into CI did you?
Sadly, I did! You see it was my JOB for a while.

Quote:
Yes they are all racist, but some would prefer to be labelled as "purist".
So... that makes them not assholes?

Quote:
I'm no fan of them, and I think the extremist element of CI needs dealing with, but like I said, the vast majority of these people just want to be left alone to live their lives how they see fit.
Guess what? Nobody wants to play a game staring those guys. It's boring.

That would be like making a game about hardcore quebec separatists - not likely to top the action charts.

And I don't really give two shits about them either. Hell, I don't even live in the US, I'm not going to tell them how to live. The isolationist groups who just want to be left alone are not terrorists - so personally, I don't think of them as anymore dangerous than jackoffs on this site.

TERRORISTS, like the ones I mentioned, who blow up government buildings or walk into churches and massacre people, THOSE guys need to be put down. It looks like we agree on this. What you fail to acknowledge, is that there are actually more of those people in your country than islamic terrorists, who also need to be put down. You want to tally all the islamic terrorists in the world to justify your position that home-grown american terrorism isn't that big of a deal.

My opinion is get your own house in order before you try to fix other people's problems. Now it's different if ISIS or al qaeda start attacking western countries. That's why I have no problem with them being zero dark 30ed, as stated. But unless you want a serious fucking global war against islam, the rest, I'd stay out of.

Quote:
Definitely a hard group to understand, but honestly, if I had no othe choice of living next door to a CI extremist or a Muslim extremist, I'd choose the CI extremist any day. They are not likely to chop my head off or burn me alive in a cage.
Really? Hard to understand? I don't think so. They're just xenophobes, the world is full of them. And I'm going to go out on a limb here... you're white, aren't you? Probably not gay or in a relationship with a person of another race? Literally the safest you could be from a CI extremist without actually being one. Me? I'm mixed race. I'm an atheist. I dig chicks of all different hues. If I had to choose between a CI extremist or a Muslim extremist, I'd buy a big fucking gun.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:06 AM   #55
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

DeluxE

And that's all anybody has to know. By the way, nice meltdown.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #56
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
TERRORISTS, like the ones I mentioned, who blow up government buildings or walk into churches and massacre people, THOSE guys need to be put down. It looks like we agree on this. What you fail to acknowledge, is that there are actually more of those people in your country than islamic terrorists, who also need to be put down. You want to tally all the islamic terrorists in the world to justify your position that home-grown american terrorism isn't that big of a deal.
This week in England, San Bernardino, the gay club in Florida, Ft. Hood. Yep its those white supremacist, oh wait the last half dozen plus mass killings in the US and abroad were all in the name of Islam. Whites need to get their house in order before doing anything about it ? Guy, you're a fucking moron.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #57
DeluxE
Evil Dead

Quote:
Okay, two things.
1) YOU may think islam is "incompatible with the west", but that in no way makes it true. I'm guessing you've never had a muslim friend or co-worker? Never actually met a moderate muslim before? They're compatible, as long as everyone understands that they do live in the west, and that sharia, honor killing, female genital mutilation and intolerance towards gays, women, atheists and "apostates" are off the fucking table. It's actually not that crazy. I live in close proximity to several mosques. I pass by dudes in Osama beards and white skirts every day. Some of them run the convenience stores near my house. As long as we all agree to follow the law of the land, everybody's cool. The problems you see in europe are largely the product of people being ghettoized. If your society isn't integrated, of course you're going to have problems with immigrants - they never feel like they belong to their adopted country. They forget that there are other people around them who have different beliefs. In my experience, 2nd or 3rd gen muslim immigrants usually abandon the religion in big cities in Canada. They realize how restrictive and pointless it is and identify more with being canadian than being muslim. To me, that's the best possible outcome.

2)85% of violent crime is committed by blacks? That's an american issue, it's not the same around the world. Your country has massive issues with race, just re-stating them isn't going to fix anything.

Quote:
It's quite easy to try and dismiss viewpoints by tossing out the race card. Hell there's enough liberals who make a career out of doing just that. Your Al Sharptons and Democratic Congressman John Conyers of the world.
I'm sure you have a much better, well reasoned solution to these problems...

[/QUOTE]I myself am not in the slightest religious towards any denomination but it's quite easy to see Christians constantly being targeted as bad, while Islam, you know the guys that blow kids up at concerts, the left is so afraid to even call them terrorist. Also pointing that fact out? Not racist. So I'm not quite sure how you came to the conclusion that conservative leaning posters all sound racist, I would lean more towards realist who understand the poison of political correctness for the sake of it.[/QUOTE]
Like you, I'm not religious. I have no problem calling asshole suicide bombers terrorists. But the guy down the fucking street from me wasn't responsible for that, and he didn't like it anymore than you did - I'm not going to say that they're all the same.

I'm no fan of political correctness - just accuracy!

Also, I don't remember anyone here getting even a little upset about the Charleston church shooting. I certainly don't remember all these self-avowed agnostics calling it a terrorist attack. same thing with the Anders Breivik massacre. Nobody here seemed to think that was terrorism either...

Seems like conservatives will only acknowledge the reality of a thing if it suits their agenda. I remain happy to be a free-thinker, not beholden to ideology of either "team".
Old 05-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #58
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'd buy a big fucking gun.
In Canada? LOL. "Big fucking guns" are generally not allowed for private ownership. Also, you live in Quebec. If Canadian laws are insane regarding gun ownership, Quebec's laws would be considered the batshit sibling that the other lunatic siblings tossed out of the house.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:46 AM   #59
DeluxE
Evil Dead

Quote:
This week in England, San Bernardino, the gay club in Florida, Ft. Hood. Yep its those white supremacist, oh wait the last half dozen plus mass killings in the US and abroad were all in the name of Islam. Whites need to get their house in order before doing anything about it ? Guy, you're a fucking moron.
First of all, I didn't say "whites" needed to do anything. I was talking about your country.

Second, you are still counting attacks outside the US! The subject was terrorists INSIDE the US! Man are you dumb! And I actually agree that everybody should destroy these radical islamist groups! I STATED THAT IN THE LAST POST. You just hear what you want to hear, don't you?

What is your final solution anyway? a global war against islam? Ban it from all western countries? Europe for the europeans and America for the white colonists? I'm serious, what would you like to see happen?
Old 05-25-2017, 07:49 AM   #60
Ozymandis
Evil Dead

Quote:
Anyway, a little birdie told me that there's more to the game than just this concept... Hang on to your britches bitches, this one could be fun!
My wish list, in order, for Far Cry 5:

Native American protagonist
Hispanic immigrant protagonist
Muslim protagonist

Please let one of these happen.

Quote:
Ah... the truth comes out. This really IS the gamer's Stormfront.

Sorry Evil, your site's got racists man.
It's been that way for a long time but I still enjoy the gaming discussion, and I'm not afraid to mix it up with people who believe differently.

Quote:
Yes really you are, with your safe spaces and attacks on free speech, you special little snowflakes you. Add in the assault on science (doctored climate data, 1000 genders) and that you're all so limp wristed you'd rather ignore the threat mass muslim immigration poses, I'd say you progressive morons truly are the worst life has to offer.
That's a bunch of hilarious blanket statements. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Would not you be fragile if you have to listen to SJWs calling you a racist, a bigot, ignorant, hateful, inbred, and a score of other things for your beliefs? I am NOT EVEN RELIGIOUS yet even I feel persecuted by the leftists for daring to think like I do.
I wouldn't be bothered by being called those things because I am none of those things. And hey, you know what? I have been called sexist, or racist, or homophobic by other libs! That doesn't bother me because none of those things are true, and it was over purity test bullshit. I approach social issues, particularly issues of gender or LGBT rights, from an egalitarian or even libertarian standpoint rather than a strict identity/"hold baby's hand" modern liberal one.

The reason why it bothers the right to be called racist, bigoted, ignorant, hateful, etc. is because those claims are rooted in truth! Your president ran on a platform that was openly anti-Hispanic and anti-immigrant at the start, and proceeded to be sexist, Islamophobic, racist, and so on. If you supported him, you own that. And that's just the start.
Ozymandis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
far cry 5, ubisoft