Last post by BalekFekete
Today 06:54 AM
4 Replies, 327 Views

Old 12-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Far Cry 5 - The Resistance Trailer

Quote:
Learn more about how the world of Far Cry 5 reacts to your activities as you fight alongside your local allies, the Guns & Fangs for Hire, to take back Hope County. Far Cry 5 will be released on PS4, Xbox one, and PC.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Old 12-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Has Ubisoft gone a little too ham-fisted with the racism in this game? What do you think?
Old 12-18-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Just to be clear it looks like a fun game. Much better than Primal, anyway.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #5
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

I understand Trump is the final boss.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
Has Ubisoft gone a little too ham-fisted with the racism in this game? What do you think?
Oh didn't you hear? It's ok to be racist towards whites, because they're white.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #7
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

I love how they just couldn't make the cult nuts multiracial, they're all white.

So how about it, where are all the nay saying race baiting retards to say it's unequal and racist that the enemies in this game aren't diverse enough?

certainly all races have the potential to be religious, that's just insulting to say no other race than the white one has the power to overthrow a city.

it undermines everything, in fact I see no transgender or gay enemies in this game either.

character creation better have 66 gender options to make up for that or not sale.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #8
timmyd
Evil Dead

But is it going to have a PUBG game mode?
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:02 PM   #9
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

I skipped Far Cry 3 and 4, but this? I might play the game just so I can savor the controversy that is inevitably brewing over this game because of the subject matter. I love games like Spec Ops that are harsh contrasts to the spoon-fed jingoism you'd find in your Call of Duties and such. This game seems to be focusing on a certain strain of Americana that has gone relatively unexamined.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:04 PM   #10
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyd View Post
But is it going to have a PUBG game mode?
AHHAHAHAHHA

Nailed it!
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:13 PM   #11
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
This game seems to be focusing on a certain strain of Americana that has gone relatively unexamined.
Words, use them for things. Doesn't have to make sense. Words!

A protip for your media consuming ass. This is a video game. The people portrayed in it don't exist.

Also, the redneck mentality must be destroyed. They are willfully stupid and it must end.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #12
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
I love how they just couldn't make the cult nuts multiracial, they're all white.

So how about it, where are all the nay saying race baiting retards to say it's unequal and racist that the enemies in this game aren't diverse enough?
Reading in between the lines of this article, the author is upset that you are not exclusively shooting wypipo.

Quote:
Ubisoft argues that Eden’s Gate is not a white supremacist group, and that the cult gathers adherents from all sectors of society. From playing the game, I can tell you that the bad guys are not all white. And yet, this feels like a useful way to exploit hate politics without facing tricky ethical questions.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:51 PM   #13
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Looking more and more like a budget spinoff. I like the vehicles and that's pretty much it.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:02 PM   #14
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
A protip for your media consuming ass. This is a video game. The people portrayed in it don't exist.
You're right, a real life version would probably involve less militarization and more ritualistic suicide and kool-aid.

I understand the trappings of this media medium influence the presentation. It's a fucking Far Cry game. I don't expect laser-like accuracy in its characterizations, and the truth is less overt and more sinister than what you would expect to find in a video game.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #15
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post

I understand the trappings of this media medium influence the presentation. It's a fucking Far Cry game. I don't expect laser-like accuracy in its characterizations, and the truth is less overt and more sinister than what you would expect to find in a video game.

I respect your views on the topic we are currently engaged in. Begrudgingly, i must respectively disagree on the merits of your findings. Heavens Gate and Jonestowns cult, while certainly had no preconceived aberrations of disillusion. The fact of the matter is they did not promote overthrow of any government or institution. Nor did they engage in gun play. Surely a key factor if one is going to perform a coupe de'ta.... They simply wanted off of this planet and its current timeline. They literally could not even. Gun owners are very dangerous people that must be stopped. If video games can move forth the notion that gun owners must be killed with other guns, maybe one day we can make the memes a reality and make the world a better place, for you and for me. It goes without saying...We Are The World.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:17 PM   #16
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Looks fun. But, I will wait for reviews, cuz, ya know, Ubisoft.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #17
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
Looks fun. But, I will wait for reviews, cuz, ya know, Ubisoft.
Im pretty sure the grafx have taken a major shit, as per UbiSoft. It looks like crap now.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #18
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I respect your views on the topic we are currently engaged in. Begrudgingly, i must respectively disagree on the merits of your findings.
Fair enough. My remarks are off the cuff and loosely apply to the situation. I don't expect they would hold up under scrutiny. Moving on.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:57 PM   #19
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Reading in between the lines of this article, the author is upset that you are not exclusively shooting wypipo.
I completely support nationalism.

A ant hive doesn't let other ants take over and give them free money and health care, and then endure being called racist and a Nazi for having native features and skin colors, while suffering from the racism of the invading ant colony all while they say you're oppressing them.

I don't invite a guest in my house, and then he tells me he's offended I won't let him have access to my room because that means I'm selfish, that's just silly.

That doesn't mean people who aren't native are not human or worthless, or should't be judged on a individual basis.

The country I live in now supports their own people, and will always pick their own people before a foreigner because that's how it should be and must be for a country to continue on without being conquered, either you take it over or you let the owners keep it.

And if you make the argument no one owns it you really should do some more reading.

My favorite is black lives matter, who never once mentioned that if black women stopped having abortions they'd have taken over America now by numbers of blacks alone.

Good thing our liberal government paid for the slaughter of unborn black babies, yet they blame the conservative white man for holding them back.

*slow claps*

End of my rant today *mic drop*
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:48 AM   #20
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
I completely support nationalism.

A ant hive doesn't let other ants take over and give them free money and health care, and then endure being called racist and a Nazi for having native features and skin colors, while suffering from the racism of the invading ant colony all while they say you're oppressing them.

I don't invite a guest in my house, and then he tells me he's offended I won't let him have access to my room because that means I'm selfish, that's just silly.

That doesn't mean people who aren't native are not human or worthless, or should't be judged on a individual basis.

The country I live in now supports their own people, and will always pick their own people before a foreigner because that's how it should be and must be for a country to continue on without being conquered, either you take it over or you let the owners keep it.

And if you make the argument no one owns it you really should do some more reading.

My favorite is black lives matter, who never once mentioned that if black women stopped having abortions they'd have taken over America now by numbers of blacks alone.

Good thing our liberal government paid for the slaughter of unborn black babies, yet they blame the conservative white man for holding them back.

*slow claps*

End of my rant today *mic drop*

Tags
far cry 5, ubisoft